Strategy for noobs

Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Strategy for noobs

Post by Sargsyan »

krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

France is recommended for noobs. They're a very versatile civ, so as your skill improves with France your skill at the entire game improves. Toying around with every civ to get a feel for all of them is important. It means you know what you're going up against when you play against that civ.

I started off laming Ottomans and it kind of hurt me in the long run. I still tend to stick to civs that don't have too much variety. Like half of my games are with Sioux and China, which are the type of civs where you can do the same thing every game. I'm pretty bad at managing water and manor booms, or anything which requires paying attention to a lot of stuff at once. A lot of that might just be due to my personality; but I think a player who learns earlier on what to look out for, and gets into the motion of things is going to be much better off than an Otto lamer.

That's not to say to get obsessive over skills and meta. Games are for fun. If you're not having fun then you shouldn't play. That strict, meta-heavy mindset which only cares about winning is why I stopped playing chess. It's just unhealthy.
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

Post by DjinnOfSorrow »

Amsel_ wrote:France is recommended for noobs. They're a very versatile civ, so as your skill improves with France your skill at the entire game improves. Toying around with every civ to get a feel for all of them is important. It means you know what you're going up against when you play against that civ.

I started off laming Ottomans and it kind of hurt me in the long run. I still tend to stick to civs that don't have too much variety. Like half of my games are with Sioux and China, which are the type of civs where you can do the same thing every game. I'm pretty bad at managing water and manor booms, or anything which requires paying attention to a lot of stuff at once. A lot of that might just be due to my personality; but I think a player who learns earlier on what to look out for, and gets into the motion of things is going to be much better off than an Otto lamer.

That's not to say to get obsessive over skills and meta. Games are for fun. If you're not having fun then you shouldn't play. That strict, meta-heavy mindset which only cares about winning is why I stopped playing chess. It's just unhealthy.

My problem is different. I love being able to build a barracks and have more than one option, it is remembering to make vils that hurt me when I finally swapped.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

As a wise man would say:
Ain’t no skillz in making vills

Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

Post by DjinnOfSorrow »

macacoalbino wrote:As a wise man would say:
Ain’t no skillz in making vills

No not really I have never focused on going all the way to 99, just enough to steadily outmass and keep pressure.