How to play against russia with french

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

How to play against russia with french

Post by HUMMAN »

Russians come like zombie waves. The thing is i can hold them with vils etc. but i cant age because of pressure and at some point they get better eco in late colonial.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: How to play against russia with french

Post by Gendarme »

Huss semi, then spam dragoons. Blunderbuss might be needed.

4cdb > 700w > 700c > 5 goons
Pay more attention to detail.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Should i raid his TC or defend with hussar?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Raid
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

You only need a few hussars to raid, not all 5-10. Raid with two and keep the rest near your base to stop cossacks from roaming freely in your base and threaten his army with a potential MM pop. If he knows you have no hussars in your base he won't be afraid of your MM. You must have 10/10 herding when you are getting rushed, though. If you are playing on a shit map without hunts you are possibly better off playing colonial, although you should theoretically lose that too.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

The typicall build is 4cdb/700w(/8bows)/700g
Where you start huss, make a batch of bows with the 700w, eventually send 8 bows if you had not enough to defend ans then age up.
Once aged up I disagree with what gendarme said, you need some goon but not that much : try to have like 5 or 10 goons and as many cuirs as possible. The 2 falcs are crucial aswell : if the russian guy is age 2, je shouldn't be able to kill them. That's why you need a lot of cuirs with goons behind.

The important part will be to defend un colonial, never overcommit out if your base and use cdb to block/kill musk. You can raid a bit aswell with huss.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Strelets are the only threat to your goons (ruskets vs veteran goons? ez.), and they can neither poke nor siege, and strelets that do not fight are wasted population. I don't think you need bows against Russia, but against RE India you probably do.

I think the only times it is worth going cuirs right away is when your opponent is blindly making skirms and you can get a good initial trade in fortress (e.g. 5 cuirs vs 13 gurkha) to get the upper hand in the upcoming skirmishes. @Diarouga likes spamming cuirs vs China IIRC so I'm interested in what he has to say.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i like to play age 2 for abit and timing then age up when u get a good trade which is almost certainly going to happen
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Sometimes i like to do 5 huss semi with 4cdb 700c (huss just here to raid) to age really fast then 5 goons 2 falcs. This way you age when russia doesn't have such a scary mass and can hold easily with 5 goons 5 huss mm and cdb
Tho the problem of this build is that you don't have a racks and you need 4-5 cdb on wood for houses

Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Re:

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Lecastete wrote:Sometimes i like to do 5 huss semi with 4cdb 700c (huss just here to raid) to age really fast then 5 goons 2 falcs. This way you age when russia doesn't have such a scary mass and can hold easily with 5 goons 5 huss mm and cdb
Tho the problem of this build is that you don't have a racks and you need 4-5 cdb on wood for houses

good idea :grin:
The problem isn't 700w or rax but if he siege your 2 homes down how to send 2 cannon ?
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Kazamkikaz wrote:
Lecastete wrote:Sometimes i like to do 5 huss semi with 4cdb 700c (huss just here to raid) to age really fast then 5 goons 2 falcs. This way you age when russia doesn't have such a scary mass and can hold easily with 5 goons 5 huss mm and cdb

good idea :grin:
The problem isn't 700w or rax but if he siege your 2 homes down how to send 2 cannon ?

You can afford to trade a bit of wood and build houses in the back of your base

France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

try to handle age2, and then full cui
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Gendarme wrote:Strelets are the only threat to your goons (ruskets vs veteran goons? ez.), and they can neither poke nor siege, and strelets that do not fight are wasted population. I don't think you need bows against Russia, but against RE India you probably do.

I think the only times it is worth going cuirs right away is when your opponent is blindly making skirms and you can get a good initial trade in fortress (e.g. 5 cuirs vs 13 gurkha) to get the upper hand in the upcoming skirmishes. @Diarouga likes spamming cuirs vs China IIRC so I'm interested in what he has to say.

No. Cuirs trade good vs any age 2 russian unit and especially they destroy inf+block cav while goon won't protect your falc vs a big cossack mass. It's funny that YOU underestimate cuirs^^
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Cuirs are pretty bad when you have a huge army size disadvantage. Boyared cossacks are pretty damn strong. Make goons, man. Fuck those ugly ass falcs anyway. If he wants to sacrifice 15 cossacks to kill my two falcs he is more than welcome.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Basically start goon like against any musk/cav timing. Cuirs are cool vs russia but obviously they're not gonna be good vs musk/coss, especially when you just aged and don't have a lot of them. Add a few skirms if your goons can't deal with his rusket mass, and as soon as you feel safe enough, add cuir and ship falcs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil marcos kratos
Crossbow

Post by marcos kratos »

some record game of this mu
I hope it helped you

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/sXX ... sIRsDI%2Bx
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I like to musk semi in this MU (4cdb/700c)
Most of the time the russian guy is going to start with a musk/coss attack, which is easy to hold with some musks, and by the time he adds some strels, you'll be aging up and you're in a great spot (add some skirms, a stable, make some goons and timing with the 2 falcs).

If your opponent knows you're doing that, he might start strel, which is annoying but still fine.
Cdb do very well against strels so you'll hold although it will delay your semi ff. On the other hand, making strels slows him too as he will have to delay or skip his market/tp.

Cuirs are viable and you'll need them later but imo they're not too good against cossacks with boyards, so you should get 10 goons first and then add cuirs for body block.

I'm not a big fan of hand cav in general because you don't have a lot of micro/def potential. For instance, you can hold 15musks/10 coss with cdb+mm+8 goons without losing goons while the same hold with 5 cuirs would cost you all your cav.
Likewise, if you start huss vs Russia, I feel like you'll waste your huss+mm to hold because you need to commit, while musks hold easily.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Never done a musk semi with 700c first. Sounds interesting.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Gendarme wrote:Cuirs are pretty bad when you have a huge army size disadvantage. Boyared cossacks are pretty damn strong. Make goons, man. Fuck those ugly ass falcs anyway. If he wants to sacrifice 15 cossacks to kill my two falcs he is more than welcome.

:devil: i still want see that 13 cuirassier BO FF you told me LOL
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

If you can do a 13v or even 12v age up, things become much easier. A 5 hussar semi, or age 2 musk hussar spam can handle this.

Standard 14v age up is a bit slow in this MU. You may start musk and add hussar later, or build a stable in a strange place, send 3 hussar first and raid him.
You can hardly train 5 hussar with 5 cossacks raiding your vills. So 3 hussar start is not bad then. With 7-8 hussars (and 6 minutemen sometimes) you can give him a big surprise, killing his first batch of units, or raid him hard (while he can't prevent you with 5 cossacks).
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Sounds somewhat extraordinary to not be able to train 5 hussars first batch.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gendarme wrote:Sounds somewhat extraordinary to not be able to train 5 hussars first batch.

Depends on the start and the treasures. If you have shitty treasures and you don't build a market in age 1 (which means you get less resources in), you might struggle to get 5 huss out while getting raided by 5 coss
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

with a tp in transition it's almost granted u don't get 5 out.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

5 cucksacks are faster anyway than hussar batch so musk start is probably better. Strelets dont do any damage vs cdb
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

strel + coss do. The reason why start cav vs russia is because of the all in rush. With rax start you just get raped
Image Image Image