Otto TP(s) Discussion

Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

Re: Otto TP(s) Discussion

Post by DjinnOfSorrow »

I was trying to take my mind off something so I was just winging it. I know my mass at 7 was 40 jans with it but it was a map I've never played and I did not pick up treasures(on purpose) but my eco was rolling after that.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Either 300w (but it is slower so idk) or tp+mosquee+house
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

2 TP mercantilism is underrated too on maps/MUs where you can't easily get away with 3 tps in age one. Ecos decent enough to get house up in transition and stagecoach rax with the 400w. You then siege down the other TP/ take it with 700w and get your army rolling.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Guys i tested it and recorded it, it wasn't very good test but still ok, with Garja 300w tip i colleted extra 250 resources at end of 6 min cause of extra 2 TP comparing with just 2 TPs which i did in second test, but that is very relative depends of MU and how much TPs you take before stage coach. But what i see and was very evident is super xp for otto with garja idea even sending 2 shipments in age 1, my shipments were coming very fast in colonial.

Enjoy my noob game vs bot :maniac:

Note: How slow it is ? with garja tip i start advancing at 2:30 if i found good food treasure could be faster and i slowed the age up cause i start collet 300w with 2 vills before age up (could wait until age up) , in second case with 3 vills as first card i clicked age up at 2:17, remember i didn't collet 100c in age 1 (if was extra 100w could made a mosque) so "standard case" is approximately 7 seconds faster.
Remember if you don't want to or can't add 3th TP you can make mosque and first vill fast prodution upgrade as well and have 2 TP in age1 and maybe add another 1 before hit age 2 so is really good doing this start you just delay a bit your age up not that much with good macro.

https://youtu.be/ZSAaXBn9fGI
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja's build lol.
Boneng used to do that 5 years ago, and some guys used it before. If anything it's a rouga build guys.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

strat sounds interesting, haven't tried it yet though.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

ChewSick wrote:strat sounds interesting, haven't tried it yet though.

You should know it as Otto player :grin: as you can see with my test was really good with 4 TPs, still ok with 3 TPs
My Youtube channel

Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

Kazamkikaz wrote:

You should know it as Otto player :grin: as you can see with my test was really good with 4 TPs, still ok with 3 TPs

Your video only shows you building TP's, but not the interesting things which would be an actual improvement for any age2/ff strat.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

ChewSick wrote:
Kazamkikaz wrote:

Your video only shows you building TP's, but not the interesting things which would be an actual improvement for any age2/ff strat.

Well was vs bot :devilrazz: but any way i might age up faster without send 700c if opponent didnt push in age 2, but the problem with this particular 4-5 tps stage coach is that isn't with atp, if you will mass jan on colwonial age u will be fine and is ezier to win.
I stoped when i researched stage coach cause normaly when u hv big TP stage coach upgraded u will know what to do, is easier to rush or boom or FF etc
It isn't like you do this strategy for specific thing, u can adapt from here and go even to revolt if u want
My Youtube channel

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

sigh. stop listening to garja and do mosq+tp+house or go water.

1) xp required for shipments grows progressively (makes 300w bad)
2) you lose time ur hero could be gathering treasures
3) u lose VS gathering 300w
4) ep mosq is better than tp scaled to the cost

I'm 99.99% sure its strictly worse bo.

PS. If you compare 2 builds you probably shouldn't take treasures (but account for the lost treasure potential building 2nd tp)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

zzz I tested it on EP it is strictly superior if you can buold 3 TP. Can also build mosque+up instead.
Anyway it is just an idea. It is totally fine to s just to save the wood and use it for 2nd TP. Howevr with 3 TP in age1 you might take while route in age1 vs non TP civs.
Image Image Image
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

Post by DjinnOfSorrow »

Garja wrote:zzz I tested it on EP it is strictly superior if you can buold 3 TP. Can also build mosque+up instead.
Anyway it is just an idea. It is totally fine just to save the wood and use it for 2nd TP. However with 3 TP in age1 you might take whole route in age1 vs non TP civs.

Fixed
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nvm, garja tested it. I'm going to start doing this from now on.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Chopping wood on age 1 as otto is really bad. Do not recommend a 100 wood chop for a second tp. You can just make it in transition if you really want it. Vils keep training while aging so nothing should delay your age up.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

mosque on land, dock and boat(s) on sea
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

somppukunkku wrote:sigh. stop listening to garja and do mosq+tp+house or go water.

1) xp required for shipments grows progressively (makes 300w bad)
2) you lose time ur hero could be gathering treasures
3) u lose VS gathering 300w
4) ep mosq is better than tp scaled to the cost

I'm 99.99% sure its strictly worse bo.

PS. If you compare 2 builds you probably shouldn't take treasures (but account for the lost treasure potential building 2nd tp)

What you mean with losing VS gathering 300w (from crates), anyway collet wood from trees for second TP in transition you don't lose VS ?
What a ES mosque does that extra TP doesn't if you aren't make any mosque upgrade though ?
As u can see i get some treasures between each TP building :devilrazz: you are talking about losing time bulding TP like if you aren't lose time building first TP vs a non TP civ who has explorer to collet more treasure than u anyway.

Play your normal 1 tp, mosque and home style vs Portugal (or Spain) on High Plain (and some other good TP route maps) and see how much TPs Portugal takes with atp and watch hypothetically how you gonna win doing FF or rush.
My Youtube channel

Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

_H2O wrote:Chopping wood on age 1 as otto is really bad. Do not recommend a 100 wood chop for a second tp. You can just make it in transition if you really want it. Vils keep training while aging so nothing should delay your age up.

Well. i don't know if you saw my video but i could age up at almost same time than normal build order if i didn't collet 300w from crates before click age up, i am talking doing this in good TP route map cause i colleted more resource with this strategy comparing with sending 3 vills as first card cause when my stage coach was researched i was with more TPs not just 2.

You are right about don't delay your age up time colleting 100w for house while build 2 TPs in age 1 but it is just a sacrifice to have 3 TPs (you collet wood for another TP in transition) when hit age 2.
My Youtube channel