Colonial fast age up

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Colonial fast age up

Post by fei123456 »

As native civs have fast age up in colonial, it's often a question if I should use it or leave it to age 3.

So, if you're playing french/german etc, and now you can age up fast in age 2 (but you have to age up with 6 skirm/4 hussar in age 3), do you prefer the traditional 400w-fast up, or fast up-6 skirm?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Colonial fast age up

Post by Garja »

Fast age up in colo most likely. At least with a 200w start.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

TIL Garja is a lagger
Pay more attention to detail.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Id prefer fast age to age 3 by far
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

slow age2, fast age 3 way better
especially with iro
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Slow age 2 is what real men choose
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I don't think fast age up is so good if you don't have any xp boost : look at sioux, they don't age fast most of the time and iro neither on ep.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Slow age up to colonial and fast to fortress is a must because
1) It's more effective (it saves you 80sec instead of 60sec iirc)
2) The colonial transition isn't an issue, you want to build TPs, market and saving resources for units or big button isn't an issue, while the transition to fortress is awkward because colo units suck in fortress.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Not sure about the first point. The 16th villager is more important than the 40th.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Gendarme wrote:Not sure about the first point. The 16th villager is more important than the 40th.

Still relevant because you reach the 3rd age 20sec faster (30+ if you consider the crates from the age up).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's all about the game plan/timing. If you wanna semi ff, then definitely use fast age to fortress, because it's useless to race to colo if then you struggle getting a market and/or TP up, and also have no age up crates which means you struggle even more. It just delays your fortress time, even if you do have a couple extra vils because of less transition time to colo. Also, aging up slowly to colo means that you gather more resources in transition before clicking to fortress, so it helps you age faster, while aging slowly to fort means that you gather more resources after clicking to fort, which is not as useful.

If you're confident you'll just stay colonial for a long time, then you can definitely go fast age to colo. Of course it's even better if you have a shipment ready upon colo (early TP/xp treas/killing opponent's explo...), otherwise it's not that interesting. But overall, it means you can train an extra 2.5 vils or so, and speed up the build, though it's ofc painful to have no crates upon age up.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Gendarme wrote:Slow age 2 is what real men choose

Slow age 3 is what Spanish men chose
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The point is that fast age to colo with a civ like Fre or Ger on a TP start is never going to reach fortresss. It would be as OP as RE iro basically.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Except you don't have a free TP in age 1 and a free warhut... So in a lot of cases you won't have a shipment ready in colo, you will need to chop the wood for your military building, and you won't be able to ship units at fb. I don't see how that's comparable to RE iro, at least not comparable to RE iro rush.

I guess if you plan on just staying colonial without rushing, for example vs a fast rush civ (iro, azzy, otto etc), fast age with an early TP and military building in base would be op.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

If I'm playing french and I chop 200w for a TP in age 1, age up with 15cdb, I can still reach age 2 at around 4:00, with better eco than otto/iro, and a shipment already. Sounds quite nice.

And it's the same to german 18p age up. 25*8+10+30=240s. It means german can reach age 2 with 18p, a TP, and 4 less wood crates. And if you send 3sw first you can have 18+2+6=26 vills before 5:00.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

fei123456 wrote:If I'm playing french and I chop 200w for a TP in age 1, age up with 15cdb, I can still reach age 2 at around 4:00, with better eco than otto/iro, and a shipment already. Sounds quite nice.

And it's the same to german 18p age up. 25*8+10+30=240s. It means german can reach age 2 with 18p, a TP, and 4 less wood crates. And if you send 3sw first you can have 18+2+6=26 vills before 5:00.

With german age with few tc idle time with just 16 vills (age up option is 1 sw) and make TP in transition and send 3sw.
:devil: You can do this without "new EP" giving euro civs fast option to colonial
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016