Best counter to french cavalry

Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Best counter to french cavalry

Post by grizzgolf »

What is the best counter to people who I know are pulling off a french cavalry rush? What civ is a good counter to it?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Best counter to french cavalry

Post by Gendarme »

Yojimbos
Pay more attention to detail.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

French cavalry rush ?? like early 3+5 hussar?
Just do a counter with whatever civ you're playing if you know its coming and try not to lose vills to raids(proper herding is imp here). Like, you can start pikes (or even musk) as brits then adapt after defending.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

herding
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Walling.
:nwc:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Nassau Halberdiers.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Start pike or musk. If he actually tries to fight you call minutemen
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

grizzgolf wrote:What is the best counter to people who I know are pulling off a french cavalry rush? What civ is a good counter to it?

Hatamoto samurai if treaty
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

TNT333 wrote:
grizzgolf wrote:What is the best counter to people who I know are pulling off a french cavalry rush? What civ is a good counter to it?

Hatamoto samurai if treaty

This worked like a dream!
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

How about, more specifically, Cuirassiers + Skirmishers?

Generally, I tend to have trouble countering this. Though, one of the best counters I could find are Doppelsoldners + Heavy Cannons...
China _JDK_solarwind
Crossbow
ESO: solar_wind

Post by _JDK_solarwind »

Cav rush? That's not even helpful for french, they could even have one thousand methods to make things better.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

DracoWolfgand wrote:How about, more specifically, Cuirassiers + Skirmishers?

Generally, I tend to have trouble countering this. Though, one of the best counters I could find are Doppelsoldners + Heavy Cannons...

British redcoats in stagger mode wreck cuirassiers. Throw in 3 rockets and you will have no trouble. 3 rockets one-shot groups of cuirs and if course just turn skirms into projectiles. You can Then do a tech switch to heavily carded hussars as neither skirms nor cuirs are anti cav and british hussars are super tanky and do excellent dps. Just dont let them bunch together when they are near cuirassiers- splash damage is useless if your units are spread out and cuirassiers actually have terrible base attack
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

dansil92 wrote:

British redcoats in stagger mode wreck cuirassiers. Throw in 3 rockets and you will have no trouble. 3 rockets one-shot groups of cuirs and if course just turn skirms into projectiles. You can Then do a tech switch to heavily carded hussars as neither skirms nor cuirs are anti cav and british hussars are super tanky and do excellent dps. Just dont let them bunch together when they are near cuirassiers- splash damage is useless if your units are spread out and cuirassiers actually have terrible base attack

Sorry, what do you mean by "Turning Skirmishers into projectiles?" I will... Presume you dont mean throwing skirmishers, at your opponent, as projectiles...

I tend to find Cuirassiers actually do wonderfully against standart heavy cavalry units, if you allow then to use their splash damage to your advantage. I guess I could try to spread out my Hussars, but... Hmmmmm, I am still not sure. I mean, the French also have solid Dragoons, and if I put too many cards into my Hussars, I can and-Should-Expect to see my enemy using then...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

DracoWolfgand wrote:
dansil92 wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean by "Turning Skirmishers into projectiles?" I will... Presume you dont mean throwing skirmishers, at your opponent, as projectiles...

I tend to find Cuirassiers actually do wonderfully against standart heavy cavalry units, if you allow then to use their splash damage to your advantage. I guess I could try to spread out my Hussars, but... Hmmmmm, I am still not sure. I mean, the French also have solid Dragoons, and if I put too many cards into my Hussars, I can and-Should-Expect to see my enemy using then...

The rockets send the skirmishers flying...

Yes any good player will switch to goons but as long as you are keeping redcoats and rockets in play at all times you will have no trouble. Yes cuirs do well against normal heavy cav but britsh hussars are not normal heavy cav by any means. You did ask how to counter cuir-skirm, not french goons lol