Sweden Challe
Musketeer
ESO: Challe

Re: MU of the month: Ottoman vs Iroquois

Post by Challe »

edeholland wrote:For quick reference:

Iroquois on EP wrote:
  • 200 food added to starting crates.
  • 200 wood removed from starting crates.
  • "Crates of 100 Food, 100 Wood, and 100 Coin" infinite shipment increased to 200f, 100w, 100c.
  • "Crates of 200 Food, 200 Wood, and 200 Coin" shipment increased to 400f, 200w, 200c.

Ottoman on EP wrote:
  • TEAM Silk Road home-city shipment moved to the Discovery Age (from the Colonial Age); effect increased to 25% (up from 15%); team effect removed.
  • Abus Gun reload time increased to 3.5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
  • Veteran Abus Gun improvement effect changed to also give +2 range.
  • Janissary hit points decreased to 210 (down from 235).
  • Janissary cost decreased to 90f-25c (down from 100f-25c); Bounties recalculated accordingly.
  • Mosque cost XP income increased to 0.7 XP/second (up from 0.4 XP/second).
  • Mosque settler improvements halved in cost:
  • Millet System improvement cost decreased to 50 wood (down from 100 wood);
  • Koprulu Viziers improvement cost decreased to 125 wood (down from 250 wood);
  • Abbasid Market improvement cost decreased to 300 wood (down from 600 wood);
  • Galata Tower District improvement cost decreased to 100 coin (down from 200 coin);
  • Topkapi improvement cost decreased to 200 wood and 200 coin (down from 400 wood and 400 coin);
  • Tanzimat improvement cost decreased to 200 food, 200 wood and 200 coin (down from 400 food, 400 wood and 400 coin).

Wait, since when does mosque give XP per second? Does SR still affect trading posts?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

What a fucking noob
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Challe wrote:
edeholland wrote:For quick reference:

Iroquois on EP wrote:
  • 200 food added to starting crates.
  • 200 wood removed from starting crates.
  • "Crates of 100 Food, 100 Wood, and 100 Coin" infinite shipment increased to 200f, 100w, 100c.
  • "Crates of 200 Food, 200 Wood, and 200 Coin" shipment increased to 400f, 200w, 200c.

Ottoman on EP wrote:
  • TEAM Silk Road home-city shipment moved to the Discovery Age (from the Colonial Age); effect increased to 25% (up from 15%); team effect removed.
  • Abus Gun reload time increased to 3.5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
  • Veteran Abus Gun improvement effect changed to also give +2 range.
  • Janissary hit points decreased to 210 (down from 235).
  • Janissary cost decreased to 90f-25c (down from 100f-25c); Bounties recalculated accordingly.
  • Mosque cost XP income increased to 0.7 XP/second (up from 0.4 XP/second).
  • Mosque settler improvements halved in cost:
  • Millet System improvement cost decreased to 50 wood (down from 100 wood);
  • Koprulu Viziers improvement cost decreased to 125 wood (down from 250 wood);
  • Abbasid Market improvement cost decreased to 300 wood (down from 600 wood);
  • Galata Tower District improvement cost decreased to 100 coin (down from 200 coin);
  • Topkapi improvement cost decreased to 200 wood and 200 coin (down from 400 wood and 400 coin);
  • Tanzimat improvement cost decreased to 200 food, 200 wood and 200 coin (down from 400 food, 400 wood and 400 coin).

Wait, since when does mosque give XP per second? Does SR still affect trading posts?
Always has iirc, it was just pretty negligible before I guess. Yeah SR still affects TPs.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Challe wrote:Wait, since when does mosque give XP per second? Does SR still affect trading posts?

Always has on TAD. Didn't on Nilla.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Mitoe wrote:
Challe wrote:Wait, since when does mosque give XP per second? Does SR still affect trading posts?

Always has on TAD. Didn't on Nilla.

You're like a walking aoe3 Wikipedia
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

I will be honest and say I legitimally dont have enough experience with custom maps to make a map-by-map analysis, but my general diagnostic based on my experience with these civilizations is: I think the best thing the Iroquois can do early on is to raid, and do it as early and as often as possible, as they have a much superior early economy. If they let things drag to the Industrial Age, though, then they might find theirselves kind of screwed. Some Great Bombards, backed up by Janissairies and a few Culverins to deal with those pesky Iroquois Light Cannons can prove a devastating force that the Iroquois just arent equipped to handle. To a lesser extent, Spahis can prove to be pretty troublesome too, as Iroquois heavy infantry is unexceptional.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

DracoWolfgand wrote:I will be honest and say I legitimally dont have enough experience with custom maps to make a map-by-map analysis, but my general diagnostic based on my experience with these civilizations is: I think the best thing the Iroquois can do early on is to raid, and do it as early and as often as possible, as they have a much superior early economy. If they let things drag to the Industrial Age, though, then they might find theirselves kind of screwed. Some Great Bombards, backed up by Janissairies and a few Culverins to deal with those pesky Iroquois Light Cannons can prove a devastating force that the Iroquois just arent equipped to handle. To a lesser extent, Spahis can prove to be pretty troublesome too, as Iroquois heavy infantry is unexceptional.

It probably goes this way at pr25- level, but the way this MU is played at pr30+ is totally different.
Ottomans wins very easily in colonial because jan/abus is extremly strong, but they don't do too well against skirms, which is why the Iroquois player usually wants to reach the 3rd age.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

If we are talking about the RE patch iro win both in fortress AND colonial, assuming perfect play. However, since perfect play doesn't always happen and also few things can screw one game in a while (e.g. very bad treasuring) going to fortress is just safr.
Image Image Image
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

What about water? Theoretically schooners and the better water cards are with Ottomans. What do Iro do in that case, how do they deal with 2 galleons etc?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You just ignore the water. Kill land then corner him and kill water. On EP might be different tho.
Image Image Image