Meele infantry.

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Re: Meele infantry.

Post by Imperial Noob »

DracoWolfgand wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Has anyone told you yet, that you can use the search function of the forums to find every single answer you are looking for? :roll:
Or... use it to get some gist about what type of players are you trying to teach basics of aoe when they kindly respond to you? :hmm:

Just a general observation.

I think one of us must have completely misunderstood some part of what the other said. The point that I was triyng to make, on the discussion, was that Musketeers and Dragoons fullfill very different roles: As such, saiyng that you shouldnt use one because the other is "so much better" would be a moot point.

I was under the impression Papist and Gendarme disagreed with me on this point? Or is there something I misunderstood?

Just a general observation. Global.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Papist wrote:You claimed that musketeers do almost as much damage to cav in melee as dragoons do at range. This is incorrect. Dragoons do 26x3 whereas veteran musketeers do 16x3 in melee. While the fact that hand cav have ranged resistance narrows the gap a bit, it does not come close to eliminating it. Now consider that musks only get their multiplier in melee and that dragoons get it all the time, and it's abundantly clear why dragoons are the superior anticav unit.

But melee attack is every 1.5 seconds, goons fire every 3 seconds so its 16x3x2 in terms of equal time so technically musketeers are stronger but only if they are in melee, especially in terms of population. Dragoons are still better age 3 because they are more cost effective and mobile. Once pop space gets tight (usually age 4) and pure dps and pop effectiveness becomes more important than cost I would argue musketeers become the better choice. Also when natural resources run out i would rather make musketeers simply because mills are cheaper and food gathers so much faster.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Just a quick headsup: Yojimbos are actually available in stables too for some reason. Idk if it is a bug with my client, but it is this way on RE and EP. Prolly doesn't change the fact that they aren't great.

Oh btw. long time lurker here, hope i will manage to stay active with AoE 3 and in this community.