2v2 strategy need

Bulgaria vamoos
Crossbow

2v2 strategy need

Post by vamoos »

Hello guys,

I am playing with 3 friends on 2v2 and all of us are more begginners than experts in the game (we all know what to do and how to do it but without any serious tactics). I am playing with the Germans while my teammate is with the Dutch. The other 2 are with Russia and Japan. However, they began to use/spam only falconets(the Russian) and naginata riders(the Japanese). Their tactic is to go into late game and make the combination of 15-20 falconets behind around 50- 100 riders. If we try to stop the riders with infantry the falconets kill it.. if we try to stop the falconets with cavallry the riders kill it.. Even we stop the attack with our full army in someway they use the time of battle to create the same combination one more time. My question is how do we stop/prevent this combination after all? Is there a suitable nations which counter that?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: 2v2 strategy need

Post by Challenger_Marco »

If he goes falconets+Nagi nata u could go culverins + ryuters ,culverins kills falcs easily n even ryuters kill Nagi easily.Their composition sux actually ,the nation u play is enough to beat them Germany should do war wagons +few dopps and the Dutch guy should go ryuters + Culverins ,since Dutch has 150pop it's advisable for them to do culverins.
:nwc:
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

GOONS!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Rock papers scissors counter system man
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Something like Uhlans or good Hussars or Cuirassiers should also beat that Composition.

edit: you could also try to prevent them from even reaching the point in the game where they can make that by applying pressure earlier.

edit2: Also all kinds of ranged Cavalry units (commonly referred to as goons ) should do well, snce they have a bonus vs. cavalry and artillery.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

pure ulan should beat nag canon.
or goon civ pure goon. Try port goons.

Certain combos are OP in 3v3, Tomohawk, abus cav, bow rider abus cav, sepoy abus cav etc.... dutch skirm musk cav is also good. I try to remember the rule that 3 unit compostions most of the time beat 2 unit compositions. The more different types of units you have vs one single or two single types the more likely you are to win. Not a perfect rule; vs pure cuirassier you only want to make 1-2 types of units, any skirms you wouodl make are usless. But helpful in team composition strategies. Typicallly teams go one light inf, one cav one heavy inf. But sometimes vs civs weak to cav like dutch/china or when ottos is expected to go abus teams go double cav.If you have a super strong anticav unit like puma, tomo dopp or bow rider you could go double light inf and anticav,

I have been working on a 3v3 guide for a while now. It highlihghts some of the team dynamics that are not existant in a lot of the guides on here geared more towards 1v1. Unfrotunatey I will be discredited because I am believed to be only pr 15, but perhaps this guide will help you and those like you. Loyal, if not having the top players all does have the most active 3v presence on AOE right now so specifically it is our clans guide but I am writing it
Bulgaria vamoos
Crossbow

Post by vamoos »

But even if do all these thing when the Japanese have much resources they spam naginata riders (with last upgrade) from Daimyos on the battlefield and tilt the scales in their benefit. Is there a prevention of that?
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

You really shouldn't have any issues with mono-naginata (+cannons) by just making ranged cavalry, esp. since the german eco is pretty good anyways. Also in Supremacy Japanese have a really bad eco in the early game, attacking them early can win you the game.

Going for the unit-counter-system should be enough. Really just spam Uhlans or Warwagons and you will be fine.

Link to counter system guide: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12901
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Have you familiarized yourself with the counter system? For example, full war wagon + ruyter would beat this naginata + falconet combo easily.
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

I am not sure of what you are doing wrong if Naginata Riders are killing your cavalry... Naginata Riders are actually mediocre against other cavalry...

Tell me something: Are you plaiyng the cavalry upgrade cards as the Germans? Uhlans have fairly mediocre base stats, but the Germans have a whole list of cards dedicated to upgrading then. Say, if you can get out Cavalry Combat, Lipzanner Cavalry, Cavalry Hitpoints, and TEAM Cavalry Attack, then there should be no way the Naginata Riders are keeping up. Honestly, I think plaiyng all of these cards may even be a bit of a overkill( Especially as the Japanese have very powerfull heavy infantry, and it is likely your opponents will use it if you load your deck with so many cavalry-related cards ), but I am just saiyng, if that doesnt work, not much will.
Bulgaria vamoos
Crossbow

Post by vamoos »

Playing Germans I am always with the best eco and I upgrade the uhlans to imperial together with the upgrades from other buildings.. However, I do not send cards with upgrades.. Now, I will do it... Else during battle between my imperial uhlans and exalted naginata riders mine take the advantage.. However, with 20 falconets behind the riders who cannon my uhlans they destroy them in a matter of around 15-20 seconds
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

As others mentioned, War Wagons can also be very usefull on this scenario. War Wagons have bonuses against both the Naginatas -And-the Falconets, and unlike Uhlans, they actually have a lot of HP. This is one of those rare cases where you can use light cavalry as the frontline if your army if you so wish, as War Wagons are meaty and neither of these units have attack bonuses against then :p. I personally think that the Uhlans should suffice even without War Wagon support if you upgrade then enough, but I am just saiyng, if it fails...