Age of deccan (Dutch guide?)

Argentina CaRp
Skirmisher
ESO: _Attaque_77_CARP

Age of deccan (Dutch guide?)

Post by CaRp »

Hi all. I wanted to share a strategy that making use of the market will allow us to take advantage of the drawers of extra resources that this map brings us, this will allow us to have a bank before minute 1 and add another one in transition with a population of 14 villagers. strategy that we can enhance with the treasures taken. Without forgetting the cattle that we have in this map, this will allow us to go from fortress to industrial in a few minutes.
1st sent 3 villagers
when arriving at colonial depending on the strategy that we decide to use. we will use the 400 of wood to make pen + tp or pen + rax / stable (is important to take at least 6 units of livestock)
2nd sent 700 wood
we add a bank, population houses and market improvements.
3rd sent bank wagon
4th sent 600 wood
we add 2nd rax / stable or tp. At this point our economy should be strong enough to go to fortress without problems.
extra tip: something i like to do in transition to fortress (although i do not know how effective it is) use the card that reduces the cost of tc by 50%. which will allow us to continue improving our economy.
PD: Do not use villagers to cut trees, if we need wood we buy it in the market. (at least the first 12/13 min)

https://youtu.be/ZTPGOhdAEGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPGOhdAEGo&t=21s
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Age of deccan (Dutch guide?)

Post by edeholland »

Seems interesting. Do you have any idea how much this slows down your ageup? And does selling gold to wood for a bank work with every crate start?
Argentina CaRp
Skirmisher
ESO: _Attaque_77_CARP

Post by CaRp »

edeholland wrote:Seems interesting. Do you have any idea how much this slows down your ageup? And does selling gold to wood for a bank work with every crate start?

Thanks for your comment

doing exchanges in the market you can go to colonial in an acceptable time(2:30 min). And the sale of gold to wood works since with Dutch you start with 400 or 500 gold + the extra drawers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Deccan, lmao.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Buying wood is quite good with Dutch, because of the higher gold gathering rate.

Settler gathering rate:
Tree: .5
Mine: .6 (Dutch Settler: .69)

trade 200 VS
Initial cost 125c for 100w
Other civs (except French) 120c for 100w, with Dutch 138c for 100w
United States of America jap_jon
Musketeer

Post by jap_jon »

I find that unless I have a 50w treasure I can't age up without idling the TC when it's a 300w start. I always chop 50, and then I only have to buy 200w instead of 300w (since you use 100 for market 100 for house + 350 for bank) so that I don't idle the TC. I've never tried it, but I guess you could mine extra gold instead.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Carp > hazza
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm more interested in the Carp 20 cdb 15 min 50 musk fast imperial build.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

this is possible and actually easy. I have often built a bank in age 1 by just chopping an extra 50 wood or finding 50 wood treasures for house on deccan and aged up only a minute or less later than everyone else. No need for market. I think dutch is actually OP on deccan for the extra crates reason.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I think other civs can make way better use of the abundant crates, trade posts and natural resources. Asian civs can age faster without sacrificing eco (like Russia, who ages with like 11 vills). Native civs can make good use of the fast age up, Brits can have 2 or 3 manors and HD. I think Dutch actually doesn't do super well. This is for RE btw, since that's where Deccan is played.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Thx for the idea with the early bank on Deccan. I tend to struggle with dutch as I always play too greedy, but yesterday I finally had a working game with intense early game fights (3v3 vs otto/russia) and total dutch economical domination for the rest of the game (nearly twice the amount of resources collected as the next player, age V after 21 minutes with full eco).
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Why do you steal your mates' livestock though?
No Flag gomakchios
Crossbow

Post by gomakchios »

This is a good build.
Canada s_deboer
Crossbow
ESO: s_deboer

Post by s_deboer »

It's a good build, but depends on the civs you play against. Brit abuses this map harder than any other civ imo, they can slap down a wall and VC every game for free. Dutch can't compete with that eco, so you need to pressure some in colonial in team games against Brit.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

s_deboer wrote:It's a good build, but depends on the civs you play against. Brit abuses this map harder than any other civ imo, they can slap down a wall and VC every game for free. Dutch can't compete with that eco, so you need to pressure some in colonial in team games against Brit.

sigh can't even tell you how often i have to deal with this. Thankfully in 3v3 one OP brit can be countered if he just goes musk by skirms but its pretty game winning if you don't rush him first. Such a lame situation when you cant convince a team to rush a double brit team hard enough, and most of the time you cant even...just too easy to wall
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

umeu wrote:Deccan, lmao.

Deccan is a serious $4000 map 8-)