2v2 India and Japan

European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

2v2 India and Japan

Post by Theodore »

Does anyone have insights on how these two civs can work in a 2v2 game as a team? Should India Agra in the middle and try to fend off the opponents to let Japan boom or should both boom?

In some test games the combination of Sepoy / Yumi turned out to be a bit slow and vulnerable to Euro FFs (especially as the maps are bigger in 2v2).
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: 2v2 India and Japan

Post by Hazza54321 »

Zamb yumi and type ez
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Depends on the mu tbh
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It of course depends on the MU but I don't think that the civs work well together in general.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

zamb yumi or ashi gurkha at start
if you need control map to be safe put agraa but it's less effective than a good karni
but old agraa stills good

as indian, you also have the possibility to early 2 rax, or zamb/sowar & gurkhha if you up karni and 300export, cons fr
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

should probably send sacred field rickshaw asap to get XP and make cow for Japan
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i think its a lame combo, both civs have multiple unit upgrades and great ecos, also need much less map control
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It of course depends on the MU but I don't think that the civs work well together in general.

Why is that? Because they are too slow?

Other than that, thank you for your input :)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

In my experience, there are tons of options for this civ combo. The classic option would be to place the agra either in base or between both bases and not too far forward, and try to boom and hold. Japan should not wait until the 600w comes to place a rax, instead saving 200w and placing it the moment they age up. I would start ashi/gurkha if you're going to get cav raided a lot (e.g. against germany) and need the mobility, but otherwise I would personally start sepoy/yumi as sepoy do better vs. musks and it is easier for japan to macro for yumi while shrining. Even starting nagi as japan is not the worst thing in the world, as nagi are generally underrated compared to yumi and ashi.

However, many opponents won't expect india and japan to be aggressive, so going forward agra and torii gates can actually be quite effective if they aren't scouting that much. In general, I would say that the majority of people I have ever played against have not only massively underestimated japan's strength aggressively (especially at lower levels), but also underestimated the follow-up you can have after going torii gates. Going torii gates and 3 fishing boats or 2 vills is quite strong early on, and if you are being aggressive and fighting a lot, the extra XP is actually incredibly valuable and can end up being worth like 2 trading posts.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.