A 1001 ways to spend 1000w?

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

A 1001 ways to spend 1000w?

Post by Scroogie »

Hello guys,

i mostly play France and do a lot of semi-FFs. I hear everywhere how good and efficient 1000w is and i understand it in theory.

But in practice, how do you spend it? I usually have all Infrastructure and market upgrades established when i hit age3. For second rax or stable my eco isnt good enough, Arsenal is way to expensive and a 2nd TC usually gets my teeth kicked in.

Clearly building 10 houses is a waste, not having to chop wood can't be that good to just "waste" an entire shipment when shipping 1000c, researching gang saw and putting 4 CdB to chop seems so much smoother, or is it?

TL;DR: I'm struggling with whether or when i should send 1000w and then how to spend it.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Re: A 1001 ways to spend 1000w?

Post by NekoBerk »

Usually this is a good shipment when you're in a good position and you're trying to expand your base when you're almost out of gold mines and animals. The second TC is really important to capture a new area and its resources because it can produce villagers and it makes a lot of damage (with 10 vills on it), also it has a lot of HP. I usually send the 1000w for this, but if you consider that you're not ready for build a second colony and defend it with your army, then you shouldn't send it, but it is recommended that you do it as soon as possible way before you get out of resources in your base around min 14-20... i can't remember exactly, but at that time should be fine.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Scroogie wrote:Hello guys,

i mostly play France and do a lot of semi-FFs. I hear everywhere how good and efficient 1000w is and i understand it in theory.

But in practice, how do you spend it? I usually have all Infrastructure and market upgrades established when i hit age3. For second rax or stable my eco isnt good enough, Arsenal is way to expensive and a 2nd TC usually gets my teeth kicked in.

Clearly building 10 houses is a waste, not having to chop wood can't be that good to just "waste" an entire shipment when shipping 1000c, researching gang saw and putting 4 CdB to chop seems so much smoother, or is it?

TL;DR: I'm struggling with whether or when i should send 1000w and then how to spend it.

There are many ways as France.

One way is to take the TP line and get stagecoach if you haven't already done that, and use the remaining wood for houses.
Another way is to get a 2nd TC and use the other 500w for houses.
You can also get the 2nd gold upgrade, more infrastructure (like 2nd rax if you haven't already done that), arsenal and the goon upgrade in some MUs. Really, with France spending 1000w isn't an issue.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

You can also do the 5 attaque77carp docks water boom.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

flontier wrote:You can also do the 5 attaque77carp docks water boom.

No :chinese:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

What is your comment trying to do. I just don't get it, and not in a good way.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

What is your comment trying to do. I just don't get it, and not in a good way.

Well the guy who created this topic doesn't seem to know the game very well, so he might not make the difference between troll and serious answers.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

Even though troll, i'm intrigued.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Scroogie wrote:

Well he's trolling, just ignore him.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

One way is to take the TP line and get stagecoach if you haven't already done that, and use the remaining wood for houses.
You can also get the 2nd gold upgrade, more infrastructure (like 2nd rax if you haven't already done that), arsenal and the goon upgrade in some MUs. Really, with France spending 1000w isn't an issue.

Thank you very much! A position i find myself often in is on RE GP, i did 4v 700w 700c semi-FF, i have 2nd food and gold upgrades, 2 TPs, a rax and a stable and around 50 housepop. Would you send 1000w just for housing?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Scroogie wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Thank you very much! A position i find myself often in is on RE GP, i did 4v 700w 700c semi-FF, i have 2nd food and gold upgrades, 2 TPs, a rax and a stable and around 50 housepop. Would you send 1000w just for housing?

Not just for housing. If you want to make a lot of goons, then you can send it for the goon arsenal upgrade, else I wouldn't send it if I don't need a 2nd TC.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Scroogie wrote:

An example realized by the carp master himself in a real and serious tournament game.
Attachments
[EP4-2 SP] ramex12[DU] & ramex19[BR] vs _Attaque_77_CARP[FR] & Flontier[BR] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(749.33 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Rules: Supremacy (2v2)
Version: ESOC Patch 4.2
Length: 17 minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's not super easy to spend 1000w as france without going quite greedy. If you're not planning on taking a tp line or adding a tc (and in a lot of cases you won't be planning to do that cause it's pretty risky) you'll have a hard time spending it. I'd say there are mostly 2 cases where you can spend 1000w without going that greedy.
First, if you reached fortress without shipping 700w (so most likely 4 cdb 700g age up). You won't ship 1000w first because rushing to fortress is useless if you're gonna ship wood, but you might ship it as 2nd or 3rd card, after doing some damage in early fort. Obviously, if you haven't shipped 700w, it's totally possible to spend 1000w.
Second, if you're going to ship 1000g after 1000w. You're going to aim for a timing then, and mass more than you'd usually do, so you'll need more houses, and maybe even for example a second stable for a big batch of cuirs or something.

I guess another case would be if you're going to train falcs. But again that doesn't really happen very often.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Honestly if you're playing re great plains you probably want to ship units instead of 1k wood, especially if you sent 700w in age 2.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I feel like 1kw is mostly useless as france unless u want a tp route
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

Thank you very much, these suggestions make a lot of sense!
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

Well. I use 1000W for my second and third tc. The wood i collect during the transition would be spent on inf ups and making bases.
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Normaly when people are making semi- FF with france, they start sending military shipments first like 5 dragoons, 8 skirms, 2 cannons and 3 cuirassiers but if you want boom or dealy your age3 timing, 1kw is much usefull to make 2 TCs in case take TP line isn't a option.
I normaly don't make arsenal so early in fortress age so don't think is usefull to spend it into arsenals upgrades but any way u will have wood in bank in case you need more houses or make outpost to secure resources spot somewhere on the map.
For example i saw alot Portugal H20's games where he send 1kw when he reach age3 but he don't need it for town center or tower or even cannon prodution which is a option as well for France but still he spend all that 1000w fast, so check some of his recorded games on youtube.
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

Or ! With 1000 wood, you can wall yourselves up. Sec lemme do my math 1000/5 = 200 walls( with no gates).
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools