How do i macro for germany.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

How do i macro for germany.

Post by Shikari »

I primarily plays france and i thought Germany seems pretty same in that both like to do cav semi with tps. But whenever i am playing germany macroing is so different for this civ. I am getting housed A LOT. And am stacking one of the res more because of those settler wagon they maybe nice but somehow it is being difficult to macro because of them.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: How do i macro for germany.

Post by Snuden »

Message @princeofkabul on ESO, he is very helpful and helped me with my Germany play!
He is obviously very busy, so just keep message him until you get a reply.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Start with sw on coin (or wood if you bow/pike) and vils on food. That's the easiest way to split your eco. Then pop vils on food in early colo, and at some point start switching some to coin (just like with every civ you gotta watch your res income and adapt).
Overall you wanna have more than half your "vils" (the number showing next to the res, that counts sw as 1 vil) on coin. So it's in fact +8v (cause you have 8 sw usually) on coin that don't show.
About houses, well it depends on your plan. Usually you'll gather 125w if you semi, and just don't get steel traps, so that you get 50 pop space. You might have to buy 100w for 60 pop if your 700w comes too late (depending on how much xp you got and if you're losing some uhlans). Then once 700w comes in you'll get steel traps, a rax and houses. If you don't go for 700w you'll chop a lot, make sure you have gang saw.
1000w is also very valuable as germany, you can slam down 8, sometimes even 10 houses, and you'll need them with some builds.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Kaiserklein wrote:Start with sw on coin (or wood if you bow/pike) and vils on food. That's the easiest way to split your eco. Then pop vils on food in early colo, and at some point start switching some to coin (just like with every civ you gotta watch your res income and adapt).
Overall you wanna have more than half your "vils" (the number showing next to the res, that counts sw as 1 vil) on coin. So it's in fact +8v (cause you have 8 sw usually) on coin that don't show.
About houses, well it depends on your plan. Usually you'll gather 125w if you semi, and just don't get steel traps, so that you get 50 pop space. You might have to buy 100w for 60 pop if your 700w comes too late (depending on how much xp you got and if you're losing some uhlans). Then once 700w comes in you'll get steel traps, a rax and houses. If you don't go for 700w you'll chop a lot, make sure you have gang saw.
1000w is also very valuable as germany, you can slam down 8, sometimes even 10 houses, and you'll need them with some builds.

1. I see and if i don't ship 1000w for some reason how many vills do you put on wood. Like when i am playing france i have like 4 vills on wood and sometime i buy.
2. Also amalganation seems really good in Germany case or is it now.
3. i can't figure out how many ulhan beat how many huss or even pike man. I am super used to huss and cuirs.
4. Since people i am playing agaisnt are going double cav goons and huss to counter my ulhan and skirms composition. Which do you think is better skirm ww ulh or skirms dopps ulhan?

Sorry for asking soo many question but you are a good German player so i had to.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Yeah, all SW on coin for uhlan semi or on wood for bow/pike works out surprisingly well and is easy to remember.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Yeah, all SW on coin for uhlan semi or on wood for bow/pike works out surprisingly well and is easy to remember.

Yeah really nice tip i was loosing my mind constantly switching stuff from one res to other.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Shikari wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Start with sw on coin (or wood if you bow/pike) and vils on food. That's the easiest way to split your eco. Then pop vils on food in early colo, and at some point start switching some to coin (just like with every civ you gotta watch your res income and adapt).

1. I see and if i don't ship 1000w for some reason how many vills do you put on wood. Like when i am playing france i have like 4 vills on wood and sometime i buy.
2. Also amalganation seems really good in Germany case or is it now.
3. i can't figure out how many ulhan beat how many huss or even pike man. I am super used to huss and cuirs.
4. Since people i am playing agaisnt are going double cav goons and huss to counter my ulhan and skirms composition. Which do you think is better skirm ww ulh or skirms dopps ulhan?

Sorry for asking soo many question but you are a good German player so i had to.

1. Idk it depends is you're fighting and losing units, what unit you're mostly making (uhlans need more pop space), if you shipped 700w, etc. But you're usually gonna need around 8v on wood I guess.
2. Yeah amalgamation is actually pretty good for germany, but in a lot of cases you won't really be able to afford it. You can get it off 1000w sometimes.
3. Well depends on RE or on EP. Uhlans are significantly worse vs huss on EP. On RE you can take a fight with 6 uhlans vs 5 huss, on EP with 7 uhlans. Vs pikes I wouldn't take a fight with less than 7 uhlans vs 5 pikes, it's just not efficient even if you win it (and even 7 vs 5 is not efficient if the other guy reacts fast, because 5 pikes one hit a uhlan, so you can't really micro them back like you can do with huss vs pikes).
4. Don't go dops against civs that can make skirms and goons in fort, it's just bad. Make wws if you have to, but the best is to wait for your 9 BR shipment, if you can. Though making wws and shipping jaegers later is good too (and cav combat affects wws so they become decent at some point).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..