Dutch Stadhouder Builds

United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Dutch Stadhouder Builds

Post by IGNDontay »

Been play testing this awhile now, and it works in games up to captain. Of course it is a map dependent/MU dependent card. Some maps it would be stronger than others and in some MU’s it can just be denied/weaker.

We rarely see Dutch adding Tcs, even in team games. Mainly because wood is so tight early on and 1.2kw is a big investment for dutch who already spend most wood on banks/housing/military buildings/church/etc, also such a small settler cap of 50, which is usually reached at around 20 minutes, is reached around 5-8 minutes sooner with Stadhouder. Poor macro can be made up for by buying wood but for only so long. So Dutch can struggle to get any form of concrete map control in most MUs especially in games where it doesn’t end early to mid fortress and goes to late fortress/industrial

(Try) to work in a Tp at some point, or try to keep your opponent on their toes by zoning, or you can go for xp treasures if possible so you’re not slowed down too much and the risk vs reward is less dramatic Basically APM. One option is to slow age, send Stadhouder in transition to fortress for the 2 for 1 tc cost (300w tc’s) chop the 600 wood or age w/ wood and chop 200. Provides another tank/scout unit (war dog) also. It is a strong proponent for dutch map control and damage sponging during fights. Vs lower levels the wardog can easily kill stray herding settler as it has no negative multiplier. Stadhouder can also be sent 1st in place of the standard 3 vil, on high treasure maps for the early op treasure potential you normally wouldn’t be able to take advantage of until mid colonial or later. (can be okay situationally vs sioux also because of their op explorer normally owning european explorers, but this is cheesy). 300w Colonial Militia Tcs are also pretty lame but can be vital vs hard rush lamers like iro/russ/otto etc to hold after a tough fortressage up. In games like these where you need time Build HP is an Okay card to have in deck. Versus a player abusing a 10/10 from india or an RE lame iro rush on GP etc.

Take this knowledge and adapt it for your arsenal.. Will be glad to hear of any times someone has taken advantage of this unpopular card and made it work for them also. Enjoy the trolls who are 99% sure to comment but hopefully non-trolly trolls also comment with constructive insight :-)
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Re: Dutch Stadhouder

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Summary: Send explorer card on Yukon - #EZ
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well it can be okay on Yukon if you send it first cardif you send it while going age 3 it's terrible.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I cant imagine a stadhouder who wouldn't be Dutch
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Dutch Stadhouder Builds

Post by dansil92 »

I quite like the stadhouder card when combined with an envoy rush. The dog, 5 envoys, and an explorer can do quite a bit of damage. This is pure 100% troll of course, especially when i naked ff and ship 6 petards immediately after...

On another note i do quite like the explorer card for Dutch on extra crate maps where you can grab an early tp and still get 3 vills first. It gives you an extra oomph in your very weak colonial and that dog is surprisingly good at raiding
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Sometimes you can play this card on LOST maps, if it's better to build a tower first instead of a tc or you get an early outpost wagon. Then it's good to have it in your deck. In supremacy you can hardly play it, as mentioned before.

"hopefully non-trolly trolls also comment" :hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

do I need to be as good as the OP to be able to win games with that build?
Pakistan iamyawer
Crossbow
ESO: iamyawer

Post by iamyawer »

wuts the exact shipment order ?
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

iamyawer wrote:wuts the exact shipment order ?

depends but usually after your standard 3v-700w/BW/600w. it’s hard to put this card in a build order because it’s such a variance. Just have to incorporate it into the gameplay if one can do so.
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.