France vs russia. In age 2

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

France vs russia. In age 2

Post by Shikari »

It is always said that russia is better than most civ in age2 including france but i was wondering wont france will be able to stand up against russia if they survive boyars timing and they get to send early skirms. Cause theoretically every unit france has is better than russua at that point.

Skirms outrange sterelets so they should hr able to kite them or atleast get better trades. Plus there is two card available for them.

Normal musk are stronger than ruskets.

Hussars are better than cossacks. They also have two cards available.

I know russia eco will overtake them in some time but till then maybe they can win with their army and pressure eco.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: France vs russia. In age 2

Post by Hazza54321 »

Russia wins because map control and eco, you dont really wanna make many skirms vs russia age 2 anyway
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Shikari wrote:It is always said that russia is better than most civ in age2 including france but i was wondering wont france will be able to stand up against russia if they survive boyars timing and they get to send early skirms. Cause theoretically every unit france has is better than russua at that point.

Skirms outrange sterelets so they should hr able to kite them or atleast get better trades. Plus there is two card available for them.

Hussars are better than cossacks. They also have two cards available.

I know russia eco will overtake them in some time but till then maybe they can win with their army and pressure eco.

As you said is IF, it's a big if. Survive the boyars timing means alot stuffs, could be losing alot vills or army while beating all russian units so the early age3 skirms won't be enough.
But i am wondering what exactly is your point with this post?
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Russia has better eco and better map control in late colonial, and he will likely to mass cossack and strelet, and your early skirmisher won't help much. With two upgrade shipments, cossack strelet can even beat your hussar musk combo.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Shikari wrote:It is always said that russia is better than most civ in age2 including france but i was wondering wont france will be able to stand up against russia if they survive boyars timing and they get to send early skirms. Cause theoretically every unit france has is better than russua at that point.

early(age2) skirms is probably one of the worst thing you can do vs Russia as france. You waste a shipment which doesn't get you much and you get stomped by coss+streelets mass with boyars.

Shikari wrote:Skirms outrange sterelets so they should hr able to kite them or atleast get better trades. Plus there is two card available for them.

streelets will trade quite cost efficiently vs age2 skirms and you can't manage to send 2 skirm upgrade cards(on top of early skirms card) without dying.

Shikari wrote:Normal musk are stronger than ruskets.

again, cost efficiency, plus French musk doesn't even have any ups.

Shikari wrote:Hussars are better than cossacks. They also have two cards available.

huss are your probably best age2 unit vs Russia but keep in mind coss are insanely pop efficient and have 2 cards as well (boyars+age1 card which boost 10% hp+los I guess)

Shikari wrote:I know russia eco will overtake them in some time but till then maybe they can win with their army and pressure eco.

So basically you don't wanna challenge Russia in age 2 unless you really have to coz Russia is quite strong in late colonial like brits. You should always look to sneak up an age up if there is a window and prepare to defend at your tc with your cdbs+leftover age2 army+ mm(if available ofc) and age 3 shipment and probably a batch.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Colonial skirms are not an advantage over xbows most of times.
Image Image Image
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Shikari wrote:theoretically every unit france has is better than russua at that point.

Hussars are better than cossacks.

You always should take the army cost into account too, if you compare two civ`s military.

Small example: If you assume that wood is roughly as valuable as gold and these both are roughly 1.5 times as valuable as food, then a russian army of 50 musk + 50 coss + 50 strel has approximately the same value as a french army of 30 huss + 40 musk + 30 skirms. It doesnt help france, that 1 Huss is stronger than 1 Coss, 1 skirm is stronger than 1 strel and 1 french musk is stronger than 1 russian musk. 50 rusk + 50 coss + 50 strel still beat 30 huss + 40 musk + 30 skirms, if russia has boyars in.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

coss > huss, strelets > xbows, ruskets are about the same or actually better if mass gets bigger
Image Image Image
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Ok ok i get it. No age 2 against russia. I just struggle a bit against russia on no tp map thats why i made this post. On tp map i just make 5 huss to defend against cossacks and send 4 cdbs amd 700gold and age. Call minute man if he over extents. This works 50% of the time but on no tp map i never win so i was thinking maybe something colonial would work.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I always felt russia is stronger civ overall in any age.
Thats my personal experience.

Plus ruskets more cost effective than normal muskets.
Btw: Strelets better than skirms in sup games. - from my experience + france dont even get them in age 2.
Cossack more cost effective than hussars.
Boyars better than two french cav combat card together.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Russia is stronger in age 2. France has a timing though, a well timed musk/huss/bow with cdb can break Russia, but if the russian guy holds he will just have better units.

@Dsy In age 3 France is stronger to be fair. You can just kite to death with skirms, and the goon/cuir will rape your army if you try to commit.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406054094## @Shikari Rapha showing how its done. As diarouga said.
:nwc:
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I think in age 3 its a fair fight, both can win.
The biggest problem from my experience (if i play france) russia can force me to play age2 so easily (and if the opponent is clever it should happen all times)- And in age 2 its much stronger.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Not really, in age 3 it's France favoured.
Russia can't force you to play in age 2 if you defend properly by the way.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Fre in age3 only have tempo advantage. If they dont win the game within the first 4 fortress shipment Russia just outscales.
Image Image Image