TAD metagame?

Catalonia Hipokondriako
Crossbow
ESO: Hipokondriako

TAD metagame?

Post by Hipokondriako »

Hello community,

I am learning the basic strategies of the game from videos and the forums, but Goodspeed's TAD guide 3.0 (2014) is by far the more comprehensive resource around. He mentions how the meta has shifted from troops shipments and rushes to resource shipments, timings and TPs thanks to the more balanced community maps (more symmetric and with more hunts) and the EP.

Now, my question. How true does this hold in the Official TAD patch? I find that this guide has helped me improve a lot, but there is no way I can defend against a well executed Iroquoi, Sioux, Ottoman or even standard xbow+pike rush in Great Plains. Should I play by the old rush meta 90% of the matches or keep playing for timings? If the second, any tip for deffending in Great Plains? (Playing as French at the moment)

Edit: I gave credit to Veni instead of Goodspeed
Catalonia Hipokondriako
Crossbow

Re: TAD metagame?

Post by Hipokondriako »

Also, if you can recommend one of the classic maps were rushes are less dominant that would be great.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Hipokondriako wrote:Also, if you can recommend one of the classic maps were rushes are less dominant that would be great.

Apart from iroquois rush every other rush is defendable. Just make bow and kite against otto rush. Against bow pike you are france you can basically mirror bow pike rush but with defenders advantage or go for bow huss by first starting single rax shipping 700w for more bows and add stable.
Sioux rush i dont know which one you are talking about.
Great Britain fishboyy
Skirmisher
ESO: Sweethegreat

Post by fishboyy »

Siberia is a standard map where rushes are less effective
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

deccan
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Hipokondriako wrote:. . . Veni Vidi Vici's TAD guide 3.0 (2014) . . .

:hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Goodspeed getting the shaft!
Catalonia Hipokondriako
Crossbow

Post by Hipokondriako »

Yes, I messed up. :shock:
Veni has some of the best tutorials on YouTube. I really like the ones on how to play 3v3.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Timings are always a thing, it's just that on some low resource RE maps the timing takes the form of a rush - it's not just number of res, but positioning (further hunts to herd, less safe mines) that favor aggro play. It's like a timing that is used to disrupt your opponent's preferred timing, ye?

Actually, I have no idea. I've confused myself. It's less work to add this sentence than hold the delete button on mobile (probably not now though, but it's too late, so yes still now).
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:Timings are always a thing, it's just that on some low resource RE maps the timing takes the form of a rush - it's not just number of res, but positioning (further hunts to herd, less safe mines) that favor aggro play. It's like a timing that is used to disrupt your opponent's preferred timing, ye?

Actually, I have no idea. I've confused myself. It's less work to add this sentence than hold the delete button on mobile (probably not now though, but it's too late, so yes still now).

so a timing is a rush and a rush can be also a timing ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Mitoe wrote:
Hipokondriako wrote:. . . Veni Vidi Vici's TAD guide 3.0 (2014) . . .

:hmm:

Weird, I get them confused all the time too.
Catalonia Hipokondriako
Crossbow

Post by Hipokondriako »

I think it's also because Veni wrote the Intro Guide, on how the forums, EP and ESO works.
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?t=1161
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Nowadays on ESOC Maps the metagame is more focused on Late Game so you must learn how to defend yourself (which is easier on ESOC Maps with a lot of food) + manage your economy and put some kind of pressure on the enemy (sometimes with some civs). But if you're playing on normal maps, then the best option is I think is pick an agressive civ and get an agressive playstyle because when you're playing on RE Maps you're not playing against other player, you're just playing against the map lmao (unless you choose an arguably balanced map).

What i'm trying to say is that it's a lot easier play agressive and be the one who puts pressure than being the guy who's nervously shaking with a heart attack trying to save his villagers and manage his economy for a future counterattack.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar