TC-Fire efffectiveness.

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

TC-Fire efffectiveness.

Post by Scroogie »

I did some research, and got that the TC has a ROF of 3, which means it fires every 3 seconds.

So for example, against a Hussar raid you will 3 hit the Hussars (90*1,5*0.8=108) which cost 251 VillagerSeconds (for Hunting Dogs + Placer Mines) or 231 (for Steel Traps + Placer Mines).

Against a Musketeer, you will 2 hit him, and he costs 119 VS or 107 VS respectively.

Considering the time villagers have to walk towards the TC, i would say its only worth it to go under TC-fire if you can idle more than 20vills, if you're only talking efficiency.

Also, under the TC shipments, reinforcements and Minutemen can pop out, so maybe it's not ever worth it to rush?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: TC-Fire efffectiveness.

Post by lemmings121 »

In practice you wont have exactly 10 vills right next to tc to pop them in and out back to gather. If you count the time they are bumping arround trying to get into the tc and back to the hunt you are likelly to do more damage then your math sugests.
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

Idling/pressuring forces your opponent to make mistakes and retask their villagers/macro. Also just idletime for a few vils will cause batches not to entirely be filled up and snowballs from there. Rushing is not meant to straight up kill someone, it's more meant to force mistakes and getting the upperhand from there.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

It's hard to come up with a formula that represents the TC fire effectiveness, since it's entirely dependant on the Individual player's skill. If your opponent has good defensive mechanics (hiding some vills on far away/hidden ress, TC firing, etc.) then it's usually not worth staying in his base for long. However making him run all his vills to safety is mostly a good trade.
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

TC fire doesn't have a 1.5 multiplier vs cav, that's on nilla.

Anyway, because of walking time, it's hard to calculate accurately how efficient tc fire is, and also because being idled fucks up your build to some extent but that's an intangible.
Generally speaking though, if you have 10 vils in tc, tc fire is considered quite efficient, especially against infantry.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

On a related note: I see a lot of players trading 3-4 musketeers for a house or a market and I wonder just how efficient such attacks are. Any thoughts?
Wood + construction time are expensive, but I think at some point it is just worth to chop or buy it if you kill 300f + 100c worth of units, isn't it?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Just a lot of intangibles as Kaiser said - messing up a build, removing market trading for a pressured opponent, etc.

Also if you train units in age 2 it's just better to try to get some value from them, or else what's the darn point. Age 2 units more or less obsolete in age 3.

If it was bad to ever receive TC fire you'd see that reflected in top play, and we don't necessarily.