Re: Sioux Exponential Unit Stats

Post by ChompySaid »

dansil92 wrote:
Dolphincup wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
screen64.jpg

no they still suck

gotta get 18 of them crammed in there xD
but it'll work because your opponent will wander into the middle of your teepees not realizing there are stealth cav inside

edit: adding the additional 6 tashunke prowler from the card will increase HP by 34% and attack by 77%, so 18 tashunke w/ 20 teepee would actually have 800 hand attack and 4.2k hp

There are 18 all in range. Thats max stats all cards even tashunke hp card. Absolute garbage units

Aztec Fuchuan is functional, but does Sioux Fuchuan actually beat it in stats with teepees?
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

dansil92 wrote:
Dolphincup wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
screen64.jpg

no they still suck

gotta get 18 of them crammed in there xD
but it'll work because your opponent will wander into the middle of your teepees not realizing there are stealth cav inside

edit: adding the additional 6 tashunke prowler from the card will increase HP by 34% and attack by 77%, so 18 tashunke w/ 20 teepee would actually have 800 hand attack and 4.2k hp

There are 18 all in range. Thats max stats all cards even tashunke hp card. Absolute garbage units

ah could only make out 12 in the picture. in that case, seems possible that some units were out of range then?
teepee's 1.1^20 = 6.73, tashunke's attack boost is also 1.1 (according to wikia), and also applied statically as opposed to referencing base-stats. so we should see a multiplier of 1.1^37 (20 + 17 because a tashunke does not boost himself). 15 * 1.1^37 = 510. Should see 510 before two attack cards. With cards, 15 * 1.3 * 1.1^37 = 663.

19.5 * 1.1^33 = 452.89. Even just 4 units or teepees being out of range would results in 200 hand attack being lost.

edit: if my math is right, tashunke should theoretically be able to break 1k hand attack with german team cav combat, warchief attack aura, and war dance.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

@Dolphincup apparently they dont get an exponential stack off the tepees the same way you'd expect. I moved em all around and stuff to get everything in range with attack dance too. This was the highest stats i could get. Wakina and rifle riders are just better
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

I see. yeah did some testing myself to figure out what's going on here. It actually gets quite buggy when you stack teepees up. I have tashunke prowlers that are in the same clump in the middle of 20 teepees that have the same attack and different HP's. most are 450 attack, some get to 495. obviously, this scenario is not relevant in actual games, so it probably doesn't matter. unless this is also happening with fewer numbers with the villager buff on EP. then the bug might matter.

figured out that Tashunke's proximity bonus scales linear. the scale is determined not by the tashunke's base stats or current stats, but by it's current stats with no other tashunkes nearby. So unlike teepees, they don't feed on one another exponentially.

With no attack cards, 18 tashunke have 40 hand attack, and with cards they get to 52. with a full war dance on top of that, they get to 67 attack. which is more than an imperial gendarme, and accessible in age 3. so bad unit? probably, but also probably under-utilized. with cards (not dakota support) they have 400 HP. squishy but not uhlan or hackapell squishy.

edit, ofc: also pull and formation tricks ignore stealth penalties. so if you have 18 tashunkes trailing behind 20 BR's, then you group them, invisible tashunkes can be launched forward very quickly to get in close without taking any fire.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Yeah but tashunke have 170 hp base, most infantry has more than that by fortress, even colonial and its a melee unit, can't even just avoid fire like skirms can. Once two or three drop the rest just evaporate. Id rather make cetan to counter infantry, honestly
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

*bump* lol. I was giving this a little thought and possibly I tried to push this idea as a colonial / late colonial strategy but have realised since that this has more use in the late fortress age. Reasons are: You have already sent your important cards, the wood needed to construct them is less significant, The attack/HP buffs multiply off of any upgrades (Elite Axe rider / Cav combat) and that wakinas and war hut units can build them instead of villagers.

To give good comparison to what affect these teepees have I have answered the question, How many teepees to I need to get Imperial stats on my units. (Note in EP& beta there is talk of reverting the HP buff back to 10%. With the attack policy card each teepee will increase the final unit stats by 10%.) I the number of teepees required is valid for the attack and will be valid for the HP if the 10% revert is implemented.

The results are true for all sioux units as this is about stat upgrades and not base stats.

Colonial Axe Rider
HP: 250
Attack: 35
Number of Teepees needed for Imp stats. 8

Elite Axe Rider (Base +25%)
HP: 312
Attack: 43
Number of Teepees needed for Imp stats. 5

Elite Axe Rider + Cav combat (Base + 40%)
HP: 350
Attack: 49
Number of Teepees needed for Imp stats. 4

Champion Axe Rider + Cav combat (Base + 65%)
HP: 412
Attack: 57
Number of Teepees needed for Imp stats. 2

What i am trying to suggest is that as the game goes on, this card with a small number of teepees can have large bonuses on units with upgrade cards already sent.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

musketeer925 wrote:Is it even physically possible to get 20 teepees in range of one unit?

it is, I checked it for fun in some past games and it's possible