Brit Tower FI

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Re: New Meta Broken Strat... He Built WHAT?

Post by Zutazuta »

Zutazuta wrote:I remember one of the first games I watched of Aiz, he did a German build where he makes two towers in his base and does some weird FF. I crapped all over it on stream. I’ve seen @Mitoe lose to it at least 30 more times since; what a time to be alive.

@Victor_swe

https://youtu.be/UXWdTRoA27g?list=PL4Dw ... bGZO&t=429

Always been a headscratcher for me too young Zuta...
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

I swear, I clicked on the oldest two German games with Aiz in them and this is what I got. Bless his heart, I miss that lad.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Ah, back in the days when my opponent investing into 2 stationary towers meant I should rush harder. I miss those days
No Flag Bajoli
Crossbow

Post by Bajoli »

It seems OP. But what about a big boom on the water and walling of together with some small scale raiding? Aizamk basically sacrifices the entire mapcontrol as well as his own economy. It seems that rushing into a tower and tc is almost always a losing play. Or are the mercenaries simply to OP?
India Outlaw0125
Crossbow
ESO: Outlaw0125

Post by Outlaw0125 »

Sounds OP
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've been revisiting this strat recently and losing to big age 2 timings. I didn't have enough towers/the towers don't stay alive long enough to murder an enormous musk mass. Fortunately, the strat isn't so trash that I lost on the spot. I was still able to slog on toward IV and get factories and guard skirms and stuff out and if I were a bit better maybe could have won..., but at the cost of massive villager losses and late-hitting timings.

I watched Aiz perform an impromptu tower FI as brit and I have to discuss his rendition. He shipped 3V then VC with a starting TP, then 700w, 5v, CM, then church card and he only built 1 outpost. Now this means you don't have a shipment ready when you hit IV, and I don't necessarily like his decision to age with 2 falcs instead of 1kc. This is because the immediate 6 elmeti shipment combined with the highlanders and guard skirms feels really, really good and your res are running out fast in-base so this is the last opportunity for you to send 6 elmeti until you've basically won the game.

So here's what I think. I think some fat can be trimmed off of this BO, and I think it has to be 3 villagers. I don't make this decision lightly, because 3 villagers gathering for ~9.5 minutes is ~1700 res. But a lot of times your villagers are idle, or dying because the towers aren't enough. So it is my hope that re-investing this card into more defense will pay off.

Thinking about it again, idk if you can cut 3 vill. It's such a good card. I think the FI just has to be delayed if youre getting pressured really hard, with a fort or CM.

Now to assist(/replace?) I'd choose either a) Colonial Militia or b) Improved Buildings to survive timing pushes. CM is better and more flexible, but it costs precious, finite resources. Improved buildings would allow all gathered res to go towards age ups and is harder for a lower ranked player to identify; however, it could be a completely wasted shipment. I also recommend a Fort in the deck for a "semi FI" which is probably required if your opponent is staying age 2. With a fort up, you could probably sneak in mercantalism with 1kc age up and go 2x factories.

The key to making this strat work ~pr 28 range is to be able to correctly identify how much your opponent is investing into military at any given time. The optimal way to play against towers is to just boom hard yourself and contain with full map control -- but this could be liable to getting right clicked if the brit tower FI player hits his timing and doesn't invest TOO much into defense. If you don't invest enough you just loshe.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

just stay fortress if he's staying colo
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

it's not about winning, it's about winning with the tower FI
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Just got a good game with tower FI vs a very bad lt col -- will upload soon!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Brit Tower FI

Post by gibson »

proud of u
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Tower FI in action!

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

deleted_user wrote:it's not about winning, it's about winning with the tower FI
this is a pretty good philosophy. it's not about winning, it's about winning with whatever strat I decide to do 5 seconds into the game.
oranges.
Estonia Constra
Crossbow
ESO: Constra

Post by Constra »

Do you think adding the 2 outpost card could be viable in this one or you don't get enough xp to even ship it ?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Constra wrote:Do you think adding the 2 outpost card could be viable in this one or you don't get enough xp to even ship it ?
its 500 wood, so naturally shipping 700 wood 600 wood is better
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Black_Duck wrote:
Constra wrote:Do you think adding the 2 outpost card could be viable in this one or you don't get enough xp to even ship it ?
its 500 wood, so naturally shipping 700 wood 600 wood is better
Incorrect, because winning after shipping 2 outposts is definitely worth more than 200w.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That card's only value is speed. It represents 8 villagers (even more, they construct faster) building towers without the time spent collecting the wood from crates. I don't think you need this in a 1v1 since prophylactic towering is usually sufficient and tbh you can't really afford to send it. The build doesn't even send 600w, and this card is slightly worse in villager seconds.

That said, I just sent this card yesterday in team to tremendous effect:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialPoliteGullDuDudu

In team there are 3x the units, so you need 3x the towersh. I stayed age 1 longer than I would in a 1v1 (up at 5:55) so my VC manor boom had a great eco, and I didn't even send 700w first in age 2 because I didn't need the wood, I sent 2 towers. At the critical moment of the rush, I had four towers going up at once (five w/ age up tower). That just wouldn't be possible otherwise.
Estonia Constra
Crossbow
ESO: Constra

Post by Constra »

man, this strategy seems relly risky in team games overall, especially when the enemy rushes one of your teammates (since you don't have any mil). But these outposts can really be useful there tho.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Perfect stupid strat for 4v4 team games, thx
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

doesn't otto have a team outpost card? so otto tower fi ?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:doesn't otto have a team outpost card? so otto tower fi ?
there are many team cards that have the potential to be insane in 4v4
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.