Against iroquois

Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Re: Against iroquois

Post by Warno »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, I don't.
Against age 2 play, a musk semi should do fine. 10 musks, mm, cdb and 8 bows if needed will hold, and once you reach the 3rd age musk/falc/cuir is scary for Iro if he's stuck in colonial.

You can check the two recs from this serie :
https://pkclan.net/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=4885

Challe has the right idea. He wins because he manages to outplay garja quite hard, but with a better build order (ie take a TP and make musks not huss), that should work.

TY for the help, will watch these later.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Lol those recs.
Anyway, he does ofc have the good idea because he knows iro pretty well. But I think yukon game doesn't matter too much as I was hunt screwed as him if not more and with semi rush vs cav it kinda turns around the MU.
In general I just played very bad those 2 games, reason why I picked Fre mirror in the last game :)
The truth is that even the dumbest rush with just units shipments is not easy for French to hold. It seems you can because you have cdbs but in fact it doesn't.
If you want a non lame civ that can occasioanlly beat Iro on RE go for Germans.
Image Image Image
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Looks like Challe started cav. Also, that native snare is nice to slow down the travois:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_uUqhzMqk

Edit:
Here is the other game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzepxTDYRW8
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Warno wrote:Looks like Challe started cav. Also, that native snare is nice to slow down the travois:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_uUqhzMqk

Edit:
Here is the other game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzepxTDYRW8

Yes, he did start cav but that's a mistake in my opinion. If you start cav, you're never going to be able to age as the Iro player will have a constant pressure, and playing in colonial without the map isn't a good option in my opinion.
That's why I recommand musk semi, it should hold the rush and probably even a timing, and once in age 3 musk/falc/cuir is insanely good vs Iroquois. The real issue is the Iro semi ff, but only the good players will do that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The cav is what won it there. Same for Boneng with Sioux. The point is with bad maps having fb not so great if opponent goes cav.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:The cav is what won it there. Same for Boneng with Sioux. The point is with bad maps having fb not so great if opponent goes cav.

Yea, maybe on shit maps, on EP maps you want to have musks to defend as counter raids won't work.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Didn't see the games but I don't think cav start is bad vs Iroquois, even on EP maps.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:Didn't see the games but I don't think cav start is bad vs Iroquois, even on EP maps.

You're never going to get away with an age up if you start with cav, that's a fact. Toma/kanya is going to rape you.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

It's not that simple. You definitely can age with cav a lot of the time.

Raiding with 8-10 hussars (to draw some units back home) and upgrading your CDB, with minutemen and some musks added in transition should be totally fine a lot of the time. Might be different on RE, but on EP Iro is a bit too slow to punish this.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Hazza54321 wrote:well iro shit doesnt kill cdbs fast so 4v with great coat (and possibly blunderbuss) is enough til 8 bows 2nd

How good is blunderbuss? i usually don't make that upgrade, seems to expensive
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Its good for cdb and not all too expensive. But prioritize units and age up. If you can squeeze it in, do so.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Kazamkikaz wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:well iro shit doesnt kill cdbs fast so 4v with great coat (and possibly blunderbuss) is enough til 8 bows 2nd

How good is blunderbuss? i usually don't make that upgrade, seems to expensive

I mean, you only get an extra 3 damage in range and melee, but the big thing is that you get 4 more range (so you get 16 range instead of 12). Which makes fighting with them much easier.

It's a pretty underrated upgrade, especially for France.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:It's not that simple. You definitely can age with cav a lot of the time.

Raiding with 8-10 hussars (to draw some units back home) and upgrading your CDB, with minutemen and some musks added in transition should be totally fine a lot of the time. Might be different on RE, but on EP Iro is a bit too slow to punish this.

On the EP it's fine. On the RE there's no way you age against a decent Iro rush.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:Lol those recs.
Anyway, he does ofc have the good idea because he knows iro pretty well. But I think yukon game doesn't matter too much as I was hunt screwed as him if not more and with semi rush vs cav it kinda turns around the MU.
In general I just played very bad those 2 games, reason why I picked Fre mirror in the last game :)
The truth is that even the dumbest rush with just units shipments is not easy for French to hold. It seems you can because you have cdbs but in fact it doesn't.

i love how germans are considered non-lame XD
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

umeu wrote:

Haha true. It's like the 2nd best RE civ.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Mitoe wrote:It's not that simple. You definitely can age with cav a lot of the time.

On the EP it's fine. On the RE there's no way you age against a decent Iro rush.

What if I said that both H2O and your beloved BlackStar always started cav vs Iro on RE :P
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Dont be jealous youd marry him if u could
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
umeu wrote:

Haha true. It's like the 2nd best RE civ.

Nah that's otto, ger is probably 4th after france
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

While playing germany it always felt like france ez mode honestly.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

What do you guys think about full CDB laming (great coast, buss, Pioneers maybe even northwest passage ) XD. You are pretty much forcing iro to go cav which they really can't do efficiently at all. You could always go barrax and pikemen too
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

umeu wrote:

just shows how racist the community is
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

What if I said that both H2O and your beloved BlackStar always started cav vs Iro on RE :P

H2O used to play a lot of MUs wrong and win because he outplayed.
Same with bsop, he was one of the greatest raiders of all time, so he relied on that to win.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Not really. Not on RE at least. Honestly musk vs someone who is half competent at rushing is suicide. Mostly because rush implies lot of RI and also because you have zero counterplay with musks in base. Hence why cav or RI start.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

jgals wrote:What do you guys think about full CDB laming (great coast, buss, Pioneers maybe even northwest passage ) XD. You are pretty much forcing iro to go cav which they really can't do efficiently at all. You could always go barrax and pikemen too

Honestly any competent player will see that amount of shipments you've spent on your villies and just age and ship 6 kanya and upgrade em, maybe the cuirassier shipment, and lame some forest prowlers
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Gonna have to agree with the G here