Against iroquois

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Re: Against iroquois

Post by jgals »

dansil92 wrote:
jgals wrote:What do you guys think about full CDB laming (great coast, buss, Pioneers maybe even northwest passage ) XD. You are pretty much forcing iro to go cav which they really can't do efficiently at all. You could always go barrax and pikemen too

Honestly any competent player will see that amount of shipments you've spent on your villies and just age and ship 6 kanya and upgrade em, maybe the cuirassier shipment, and lame some forest prowlers

you misunderestimate the amount of resources french can out gather iroquois by even with some garisonning, and also the time it takes iro to get 1000 coin for a n age up, age up slow if he aged fast fist and then to ship 5 cur.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

jgals wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
jgals wrote:What do you guys think about full CDB laming (great coast, buss, Pioneers maybe even northwest passage ) XD. You are pretty much forcing iro to go cav which they really can't do efficiently at all. You could always go barrax and pikemen too

Honestly any competent player will see that amount of shipments you've spent on your villies and just age and ship 6 kanya and upgrade em, maybe the cuirassier shipment, and lame some forest prowlers

you misunderestimate the amount of resources french can out gather iroquois by even with some garisonning, and also the time it takes iro to get 1000 coin for a n age up, age up slow if he aged fast fist and then to ship 5 cur.

i think ur overestimating ur idea. it just loses hard to iro ff and semi ff.
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Rule of thumb: literally ANYTHING loses to RE iro. Pretty easy, hah?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:Not really. Not on RE at least. Honestly musk vs someone who is half competent at rushing is suicide. Mostly because rush implies lot of RI and also because you have zero counterplay with musks in base. Hence why cav or RI start.

Exactly this. Musks need to compliment some other unit to be good (cav, falc). If your opponent is being aggressive and has the opportunity to make solid light infantry, you’re just not going to be very safe while you’re aging because you have no range AND no mass AND no composition.

Musk semi works best in matchups where your opponent isn’t being super aggressive and you just want a few muskets to keep some presence on the map to hold TPs or deny TPs etc. And where a quick early Fortress push with falcs will be really strong.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

as mitoe puts it, no win condition with musks in base
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

jgals wrote:
dansil92 wrote:

*ships fur trade*

Oh look 1000 coin

You spend 3 shipments making your vills bulletproof that's 1800-2100 res iro can have above you, even with cdb gather bonus. Iro gets 5 vil shipment, travois, agrarian ways, iroquois woodcraft. You wanna play economic against a smart iro player go ahead
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

yemshi wrote:Rule of thumb: literally ANYTHING loses to RE iro. Pretty easy, hah?

no, its easy to outplay, you just have to scout well and see what he is doing, the fatal flaw of all the war chiefs is lack of flexibility, often once they commit to something they cant change course
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

dansil92 wrote:
jgals wrote:
Show hidden quotes

*ships fur trade*

Oh look 1000 coin

You spend 3 shipments making your vills bulletproof that's 1800-2100 res iro can have above you, even with cdb gather bonus. Iro gets 5 vil shipment, travois, agrarian ways, iroquois woodcraft. You wanna play economic against a smart iro player go ahead

come on man, who would ship fur trade. I've never done it in many games as iro. Then again maybe that's why I'm still a 2nd lt XDDDDD. I'd rather save it for industrial for canons
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

jgals wrote:
yemshi wrote:Rule of thumb: literally ANYTHING loses to RE iro. Pretty easy, hah?

no, its easy to outplay, you just have to scout well and see what he is doing, the fatal flaw of all the war chiefs is lack of flexibility, often once they commit to something they cant change course

A decent player in a fair player MU will just always crush. That's right, you said it yourself: the only way to beat RE iro is to outplay, to be the better player.
That being said: take like semi-decent maps (no hispaniola, amazonia, whatever).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hazza54321 wrote:as mitoe puts it, no win condition with musks in base

Since we're talking about an hopeless MU, I guess it's a matter of taste.
In my opinion with cav start you're just not going to hold, and your raids aren't going to buy enough time. With a musk semi, you can try to hold with a great cdb defense while your musks will deal with the toma/kanyas. Then, if you reach the fortress age, musk/falc will do the job.

And honestly, who cares about aennas ? They die super fast against the cdb, can't siege, and can't kill them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Aennas are as scary as lbows if not more. It's exactly the reason why musk start is not good.
Image Image Image
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Anyone of you high level guys willing to play a couple and record it please?
I am watching videos from 6 years ago lol