Russia vs Germans

No Flag alabera
Crossbow

Russia vs Germans

Post by alabera »

What is the ideal russian BO/strategy against a german 5 uhlan semi-FF? (non-EP patch)

I usually try to pressure them with an early 5 coss+5 musks, then send resource shipments to outmass his fortress army. If I do a forward BH, uhlans can raid and pressure me. The problem is, if I build a defensive BH and defend against their raiding, then I can't pressure them myself.

Afrer that I just can't deal with the fortress army and the german guy has better eco too.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Russia vs Germans

Post by Jaeger »

alabera wrote:What is the ideal russian BO/strategy against a german 5 uhlan semi-FF? (non-EP patch)

I usually try to pressure them with an early 5 coss+5 musks, then send resource shipments to outmass his fortress army. If I do a forward BH, uhlans can raid and pressure me. The problem is, if I build a defensive BH and defend against their raiding, then I can't pressure them myself.

Afrer that I just can't deal with the fortress army and the german guy has better eco too.

I would say that you should forward BH, and just bite the bullet with the uhlan raids; make sure you herd really well and try to make a stable soon.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Make the forward base. Then build another blockhouse at home / near important resources with your 700w shipment. Mass Cossacks and strelets and try to control the map, get tps, get a better eco and then fight it out when he pushes. Boyars age 2 strelet cossack can easily deal with early fortress germany. Win the first fight then age up yourself
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Always go forward bh. And actually you'll need a second bh right next to it, because you'll have to hold the german push at some point, either in colo or in fort, and having your ranged inf in the choke between bhs will help you a lot vs uhlans. Also bh fire does great vs uhlans and wws.

Raids shouldn't really be a problem if you herded well. Uhlans aren't good at idling, tc fire is efficient vs them. Also you need cossacks rather early anyway. You can drop the stable in your base instead of forward, that way the cossacks batches will be able to catch raids. Also if ger raids a lot you can just push his base with musks and burn down a house or something.

Regarding bo, you usually go for the standard 5 coss at bh and some musks. Then 700w for the second bh, the stable and houses. 700g for coss and musk batches, 4 coss for the timing and push. That does quite well against semi ffs. However if you want a faster timing, you can also do the same build without 5 coss first (700w/700g/5coss). It means you'll be able to apply less pressure early on but you'll hit your musk/coss timing 1 card earlier.

If you can force a mm or 8 bows pop it's great, then you go back and burn down ger's tp. Try to keep poking to figure out if germany is going for some age 2 push, in which case you want to contain and not pressure him. Once he's age3, you want to add strelets usually (you also add them if ger goes for some bow/pike stuff in colo).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Just go for 5 cossacks 4 cossacks sterelets man. Its not easy to hold at all.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

go for a timing, then make 7 bhs mid map to tilt the german player and because its ur best unit
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Kaiserlein has the best advice here, thx I actually also needed a standard strat vs semi ffs. Also timing pushed until now but always with different BOs