Back to the great AOE3 strategies. We saw in the past some nice MU of the week already. One month A few months ago we had Dutch vs Russia
You can find all played MU's here.
The meta changes, the player skill level changes, and the patch changes. Some high-level 1v1 players from our lovely community want to show up in a BO5. Let's find out what they could do.
Every month a thread will be opened where you can discuss a certain MU. This week's MU is Portugal vs India. Hopefully, the discussion will be in depth and top players will share their insight.
What is the current meta?
What strategy fits best for each map?
This Sunday, July 7th:
The map pool:
Indonesia --- Mendocino --- Adirondacks --- Arkansas --- Cascade Range
You can find a list of ESOC maps here: maps.php
Welcome! Credit for this idea goes to @kami_ryu as well as @musketeer925, @BrookG, @lemmings121 & @[Armag] diarouga for building upon it. They are the masterminds behind this pretty nice idea!
All played MU's you can find here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13821
1) It is heavily India favoured on no TP no water maps because Port will get outboomed and India is much better in both colonial and fortress. Fortunately, you picked Cascade Range as the no TP map, which is a water map. It's probably still India favoured on this map but at least Port can rely on his water eco.
2) On water maps this is really interesting. On the one hand, Port is by far the greatest civilisation on sea on this patch. Their boom is very fast, and they have an easy time holding the age 2 pushes on land. But on the other, India is a great land civ as well as a great anti water civs. Siege elephants are a mix of culvs and mortars, and the only way to save your base is to take a fight, which is something you don't want to do when you're booming.
3) On high TP maps, this is also a close MU thanks to ATP. Port can use his shipments to hold the early/middle game and try to win in late game.
In my opinion this MU is very defensive. Both civs want to boom as much as possible (Port should take the sea or the TP line if possible, and India should take the TP line if Port goes water), and go to the fortress age.
In the fortress age, India should dominate thanks to their superior units. If Port doesn't wall, sepoy/urumi/mahout with meme fire should do the job considering how bad the cassa are against melee units, unless Port gets a huge CM pop. If Port walls, India will pressure with siege elephants/sepoy/gurkha. The walls will buy some time but eventually India will break it and Port will have to hold.
I'm not sure if it is possible, but if the Port player can reach the Industrial age, he's in a good spot because goon/heavies does well vs India.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
Riotcoke wrote:I assume this will be streamed? If so the only problem I can see is it might overlap with Sunday smackdown on escape if it is?
Smackdown will start after the stream.
No hacks just (lack of) skillz
GiBthedurrty wrote:nicest players over pr 35 should be good
japan and port players with lvl 35 are just 29 max
grunt the best
- [EP6-1 SP] ageofkiller[PT] vs iamturk[IN] - ESOC Indonesia.age3yrec
- (1.08 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
- [EP6-1 SP] ageofkiller[PT] vs iamturk[IN] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
- (906.86 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
- [EP6-1 SP] ageofkiller[PT] vs iamturk[IN] - ESOC Adirondacks.age3yrec
- (1.05 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
- [EP6-1 SP] ageofkiller[PT] vs iamturk[IN] - ESOC Cascade Range.age3yrec
- (966.59 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
bwinner wrote:I was happy when breeze posted a rec where he beat me once, which means he believes I am good.