Defensive agra

No Flag Sergeant_Recker
Crossbow
ESO: Sergeant_Recker

Defensive agra

Post by Sergeant_Recker »

hello guys, i would like to know whether doing this strategy as india is any good or viable. So, sending the distributivism, the wood trickle card as the first shipment the standard way to play india but what if we build a tp from the 300 w start and send advanced wonder card first (it can increase the agra's stats with 2500+ hp and makes it building 25% faster) and then send the wood trickle card. It can give some idle tc time but still it doesn't delay your age up time (since building the wonder is faster), even if i click at 3:40 to age up with 1 villie, i can age up by ~5:00 - 5:10, on transition you can add a 2nd tp to be greedy or make 2 more houses to make sepoys/gurks. The things that you get when you age up are: a 7500 hp defensive agra, a tp and houses or 2 tps and houses/ a tp, market and house (if enough treasures gathered). My friend Cassador33 is a better player, so i asked him to do it. The experiment somehow worked out well, he beated me with good eco and good mass. i am not a good player tho :P so, i wanted to know, is this any good ? or can i improvise this? i also attach a record game here, cassador33 played the defensive agra strat.
Attachments
[RE SP] Sergeant_Recker[IN] vs Cassador33[IN] - ESOC High Plains.age3yrec
(885.74 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
ESOC High Plains
ESOC High Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Defensive agra

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you want to tp, it has to be on 400w start. You idle too much on 300w, it's just not worth it. And if you do build a tp, you'd ship the wood trickle first because thanks to the extra xp you'll get it earlier and get more wood out of it. Then you can ship a second card, usually good faith agreements, but I guess you can go advanced wonders if you really want. It's a waste of a card in most situations though.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

300w is fine too. You don't iddle a bit but it doesn't really matter since you will have more shipments.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you TP on 300w you're basically cutting 1v and you age up even later
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:If you TP on 300w you're basically cutting 1v and you age up even later

Yea, you're cutting 1v. You don't really age later because you put 4vills on the agra although it will cost you some resources, and the extra shipment is definitely worth if you want to play defensive.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You don't idle that much, a few seconds for your 2nd vil and a few seconds after you build your first house. You just need to have good vil control and don't eat your food crates. The annoying thing is you age like 530 or 540 if you only have 1 vil on the agra and choose not to idle any more in age 1. I think in certain maps it's better. Great lakes especially if you get the top spawn for example. Iv shipped trickle gfa and had back to back shipments in age 2 between the sheep and taking another tp in transition. It just feels really good once you actually get aged. You get an extra vil from your extra age 1 shipment so it makes up for the vil you delete by idling
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I tried to go for TP as india on 400w before, without gathering any food at all obviously, and I didn't idle but barely. Was like exactly the right amount of wood to get TP, vils and house in time. So based on that, if you start with 100 less wood, you should idle one whole vil. And idling a whole vil in early discovery is really bad since it will delay your whole build. And since you'll age up at 5+ min, the extra xp you get will start being relevant at no earlier than 6 minutes, by which time the vil you lost roughly 5 min ago would have already gathered 300 VS. That's like 200w for india. You'll lose another 200w each 5 minutes because of that, plus you aged super late. You do get like 100w back (at best) from getting the wood trickle earlier, but still...

Instead you could get your TP in transition with one more vil and still get a good xp income. Imo it's obvious going TP on 300w is bad. I know I don't play india but this is just maths really, and I was even optimistic in my calculations.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

If you TP start as India it's not for efficiency. Given that age up is not dependant on vill production, idle TC is not that important. The main drawback is simply delayed age up time which is strategically relevant.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I just tested it, you can age up at 4:50 on a 300w start. Normal age up time except you get an early TP instead of 1.5 vills, totally worth it if you want to go defensive agra.

EP recorded game 1.age3Yrec
(921 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
ESOC Hudson Bay
ESOC Hudson Bay
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 6.1
Length: 5 minutes
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I just tested it, you can age up at 4:50 on a 300w start. Normal age up time except you get an early TP instead of 1.5 vills, totally worth it if you want to go defensive agra.

Am I the only one who ages 5:30 on a good day?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I just tested it, you can age up at 4:50 on a 300w start. Normal age up time except you get an early TP instead of 1.5 vills, totally worth it if you want to go defensive agra.

Am I the only one who ages 5:30 on a good day?

Nope, check rouga vs aizamk game 1.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

well 530 is normal if you tp on 300w, you only really go faster with treasures/adding more vils to wonder
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

All these muppets aging before 7 minutes ?!?

Please enjoy my shameless self promotion regarding TP start with advanced wonders card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7EQCdpAHM&t=20m41s

Different build but it's somewhat viable, ish.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

WickedCossack wrote:All these muppets aging before 7 minutes ?!?

Please enjoy my shameless self promotion regarding TP start with advanced wonders card:

that game was AWESOME
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

300w doesn't come with a free vill.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lemmings121 wrote:300w doesn't come with a free vill.

the start not the shipment
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Oops
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

TP+advanced wonder card is MY strat. I give you the water strat tho.
Anyway, even with 400w it's hard to age sub 5 min without a significant help from treasures or the Advanced Wonder card.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

dont think anyone wants to claim that strat anyway
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

So you think trading 1.5v for like 300 xp is worth it? You realize that by when the extra xp starts being relevant, which is at least after your first colo shipment, the vils already gathered like half a shipment worth of resources?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

300xp is indeed relevant, it's 2min+ faster shipment progression
Hazza54321 wrote:dont think anyone wants to claim that strat anyway

Too bad cause it's basically the improved version of what everyone already does.
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

having extensively tried both, I'm pretty sure I came to the conclusion GFA is better value than advanced wonders. I think the logic was that AW arrives too late since you've already started aging up by the time it arrives. taking age1 TP is always good with india though.

edit: wait, this is about sending AW first. can't say I like that.
oranges.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

WickedCossack wrote:All these muppets aging before 7 minutes ?!?

oh my, this was such a treat to watch. you mad scientist
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

No it is AW 2nd after trickle but it should arrive in time.
The benefit is different from GFA as it is purely strategic and not for extra efficiency.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:

So you think trading 1.5v for like 300 xp is worth it? You realize that by when the extra xp starts being relevant, which is at least after your first colo shipment, the vils already gathered like half a shipment worth of resources?

Yes, it's worth. As Aztecs you often send 3wp instead of 5vills (ie 3 TP instead of 5v) and it's the obvious choice most of the time. Even after 4 years of TP meta, people still overrate vills and underrate TPs.