iro vs agressive agra on RE

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

iro vs agressive agra on RE

Post by jgals »

I just played quicksearch 3 times and got the same Indians player every time. The first time I was kind of expecting a defensive agra, and didn't really know what I was going to do to beat it. But he put an agra to the side of me on Ozarks. "Wow this guy is a noob" I thought to myself, and initially, the fighting/outmassing was going well. Then because it's the shittest map in the world; Ozarks, I ran out of hunts and lost. The next nearest hunts were on his side of the map near his TC.

Second time, on Borneo I assumed the same situation since hunts suck on borneo. This time I tried to beat his agra fort by aging earlier, using BB and town destroyer. Did not work as I was just a few seconds too slow even though I really pushed hard.

then, finally and at this point I have given up I decided to try an FF. He scouted that, came in with 10 sepoys and was able to kill my warhut behind my base, I had used my 500 food for tomo to help defend it, and at this point I figured its over so I quit.

Is this matchup supposed to be iro favored? I always assumed it was, but there is really no way to beat aggressive agra that I can see.

Best idea I have is to get a really good early timing with 7 bow and 5 tom and start sieging his agra in stagger mode, but with his explorers, and units being made/shipped I don't see how combined with the fort I will be able to win that. Especially if he has enough wood to use the otto consulate which he did and made minutemen out of his fort. Seems like on EP ironically Iro would have a better chance with better hunts.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Re: iro vs agressive agra on RE

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:It's india favored. RE iro loses every MU. You played b.s. match up on b.s. maps. Time to move to EP, noob.

thanks mate. That makes me feel better
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Shouldn't you be able to just send 700gold and ff very fast vs india defending with defensive war hut, converted guardians and i thinknyour explorer has more range than sepoy etc. It should be doable but then if like sometimes you dont even get any hunts besides you starting hunts then i dont know. I have been able to defend janisary rush doing this and going ff direct which is much faster than sepoy rush(i think) also jans has more hp than sepoy(not sure).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You can't straight ff against a 10/10 rush, you have to semi. Idk if you can semi on Ozark, it's really a shit map lol.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

surely iro wins the fb war anyway
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:You can't straight ff against a 10/10 rush, you have to semi. Idk if you can semi on Ozark, it's really a shit map lol.

so send 7 bow first?
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Hazza54321 wrote:surely iro wins the fb war anyway

not really. On deccan in team I usually can if I sacrifice training vil or send a vil to build (which i never would do) but the majority of the time indias starting crates allows them to age at the same time or just after you so by the time you walk your wagon up agra is almost done. By the time you get another shipment like 7 bows and enough food for the BB their 2 sepoys come from home, they ship 5 and sometimes make 5 too.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

deleted_user wrote:It's india favored. RE iro loses every MU. You played b.s. match up on b.s. maps. Time to move to EP, noob.

For real?
IRO is not considerated the most op civ :blush: in RE with tp option earl on and everything so why are u saying iro loses every MU in RE vs India?
Ofc u have reason by saying it is india favored because of 1 thing RE sepoy
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I think you are too fixated on the agra- i think youd be better off just running yourself into his eco from a forward base and shipping 7 aenna to your base if needed. Hitting a crappy 10/10 eco with even one vill loss is huge and 12 sepoys vs aenna with tc fire wont be too huge of a threat. Remember that india vills cost much more than yours so killing a vill is a huge. That and your aenna/ warchief crackshot are pretty much some of the best counters to sepoy you can get on RE. On low hunt maps you could potentially consider adding the 9 deer shipment (flame me for this if you want lol) to help get that aenna mass you need and worry about the fort in fortress (5 mantlet shipment and or aging with 4 will more than take down a fort with supporting tomas/forest prowlers)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Age with wise woman (so that you can semi FF smoothly in case). Once you scout fb agra just prepare to time it. India can't really stop the timing and it's committed because of fb agra itself. Send 5v 7aenna 6toma 4kanya while making pure aenna and 5toma bb. Push agra and win. Don't mess around with town destroyer or other dumb stuff, you don't need it.
Image Image Image
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

On Ozarks I'd even skip 5v.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean india can't rush iro, if they go forward agra you can just ship units in colo and nuke it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..