Sioux vs France

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Sioux vs France

Post by Ashvin »

Need some advice for sioux. I play with this guy who is very good with his colonial and fortress timing, ffs he even does cdb rush with so perfection...

I beat him in fortress (although its very close) he makes vet musks and skirms, i counter him by making AR and wakina, if I scout well and know he's going for colonial play i make cetans and hold. But he always beat me with his cdb rush strat. So here are my questions, what are the signs french is going for
1. a colonial timing
2. a cdb rush timing
3. a semi ff

The thing is... he is semi agressive in whatever he does so its hard to read what he is doing differently from the previous game. I would post recs but I dont have any of our games :(
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Sioux vs France

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

What he does with his 400w will be the key to scouting. A military building and two houses is often a semi-ff build (but does not have to be, especially with tp builds) while two raxes indicates colonial play. Check the deck for pioneers. Check shipments with your converted treasure guardians: there should be crates on the floor roughly when you're sending a shipment (Sioux has less experience because they don't build houses). If there are no crates, he sent 4v and might age next. Either way you'll want to age up eventually since you can't win in colonial against musk and (pioneer) cdb. Try to deny trading posts and hunts when you're able to but don't overcommit until you have the 16 min BB.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

he usually makes 1 rax and houses with his first 400w. I try to scout his base, but we both kill our scouts in the beginning to avoid that(I usually end up killing his native scout and he kills my guardians). 30 seconds after he's aged I cant scout his base because he is ready for my units with his musks. I still manage to raid and harass his vills tho.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

play better
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Mods close the thread, GOAT answer has been posted
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Don't lose your guardians. Try to find an angle in which your scouts don't get killed instantly. Try scouting from multiple directions at the same time for example. Also, kill his explorer while he's building a tp while aging.

This is a hard matchup for Sioux but it's winnable. Axe rider wakina with bow riders later is your best bet.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

I win when in fortress, but idk how to deal with his cdb rush/ and his other colo rush with musks and bows
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

if he stays colo and you see that cdb timing coming train ranged units, cuz cdbs can puch your cav, and try not to shoot them cuz while you kill his cdbs he will dps down your units. u can use your vills too. just keep 10 of them in tc and research the vill hp/attack upgrade
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

U NEED TO OUTPLAY BUT ITS HARD FRE FAVORED SO NEED FIND WAYS TO OUTPLAY
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

GiBthedurrty wrote:U NEED TO OUTPLAY BUT ITS HARD FRE FAVORED SO NEED FIND WAYS TO OUTPLAY

LIKE WHAT?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Good mu for sioux, just be aggressive in fortress, and if possible drop a forward warhut in colo
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Kaiserklein wrote:Good mu for sioux, just be aggressive in fortress, and if possible drop a forward warhut in colo

he plays on re xd
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Kaiserklein wrote:Good mu for sioux, just be aggressive in fortress, and if possible drop a forward warhut in colo

ye Sargi is right i play on RE. I do not have much problem in fortress, my only problem is when he pushes my whilst im aging (to fortress).
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Ashvin wrote:he usually makes 1 rax and houses with his first 400w. I try to scout his base, but we both kill our scouts in the beginning to avoid that(I usually end up killing his native scout and he kills my guardians). 30 seconds after he's aged I cant scout his base because he is ready for my units with his musks. I still manage to raid and harass his vills tho.

So you're telling us that you have a 10speed scout with 1 thousand hp and can't scout his base? :huh:

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

haha not really, I prefer to keep him alive so I could use him to speed up my raids in colonial and kiting in fortress
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Well, you can scout in the early game when there aren't as many units to kill him. And if he actually has a lot of units he's probably doing a colonial timing anyway...

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Then don't play on re uh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

On RE you can run around with BR, keep him off poor hunts and hope you get a good raid. That's RE Sioux for you basically.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Around what time does he push?
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Ashvin wrote:I win when in fortress, but idk how to deal with his cdb rush/ and his other colo rush with musks and bows

Dude what you mean with cdb rush? I never saw cdb rush works versus decent player unless his cdb has over than 400 hp in which case it doesn't seem very fast and supossedly agressive rush, what he does to win you with cdb rush?
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Ashvin wrote:I win when in fortress, but idk how to deal with his cdb rush/ and his other colo rush with musks and bows

Mass BR and micro. Only way on RE.
mad cuz bad
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Kazamkikaz wrote:

Dude what you mean with cdb rush? I never saw cdb rush works versus decent player unless his cdb has over than 400 hp in which case it doesn't seem very fast and supossedly agressive rush, what he does to win you with cdb rush?

his cdbs have 360 hp iirc
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Ashvin wrote:
Kazamkikaz wrote:

his cdbs have 360 hp iirc

then scout his base constantly and check cdb hp, when u see his cdbs have 360 hp then hes about to push you.
No Flag Superfly47
Musketeer
ESO: Superfly47

Post by Superfly47 »

CDB have terrible seige. Send most of your vils to the other side of the map. He will waste his time trying to seige or walk aimlessly around your base looking for vils. You want some vils in the tc so he'll think you garrisoned all of them and you want to shoot at none cdb units who have real siege, like pikes. Since he won't be gathering resources and you will, you will safely build up an army that can destroy his.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You use the cdb to nuke his units and then start to gather just outside of TC range...