Unusual strategies: Want to brain storm

Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Unusual strategies: Want to brain storm

Post by Peachrocks »

Hey all,

Aside the fact I need to get the rust off (and give the minor natives some love) I've got some unusual strats that I want to try and refine. Some more effective then others. Who's known for doing wacky nonsense here? I'm a bit of out of touch.

10 years ago I used to have somebody to do silly things like Sheep FF (Iro/India, ship 20 sheep as Iro to give India ridiculous numbers of shipments) but well they aren't around anymore. Mostly want to talk 1vs1 but I'll take what I can get :lol:
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Re: Unusual strategies: Want to brain storm

Post by wardyb1 »

“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Its somewhat viable, normal FF as China , send atonement and spam iron troops seeing as they're possibly the best archer unit in the game. Can do it with Japan as well seeing as yomjimbo are pretty cool.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yeah I've played with Mapuche Iron troops. I.e get Mapuche natives with -10% coin cost. Sure that tech needs roughly about 3,600 coin worth of units to pay for itself but its not half bad if you're going merc heavy + artillery. Can work as Germany too with merc combat. Bonus points if you get some good heavy infantry or use Dance Halls for Ronin because of the 50% siege tech the Mapuche have too. I remember a game where it was about 50 minutes in and I realized I didn't even build a stable or barracks.

Ah yes. I've heard of Aizamk, I believe the first time I heard them referred to was when watching a game and the admin noted there was only one native TP and they asked if anybody cared and they said 'Do I look like Aizamk?'
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I (as a noob) am experimenting with a Jap Namban Trade High Plains/great Lakes/Tibet Build and a Silk Road Otto Build. Basically the same idea, spam TPs and use 25% more ressources as a booming tool. Otto version is better though, because you can age up way faster and actually contest the TP line. Those Builds are probably not good but i like them.

Just to add onto this: With the Otto Buildorder you can end up with 4 ATP/Silk Roaded Tradeposts, 10 Jans, and an Age 3 shipment arriving at 8:30, which is why i think that one might actually be somewhat usefull/The silk Road card might have potential.

Jap one is pretty good on paper as well but just very greedy.. dont think you would get away with it vs any half decent player.
if you want i can give you more detailed buildorders for those as well LUL
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Tower FI
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

scarm wrote:I (as a noob) am experimenting with a Jap Namban Trade High Plains/great Lakes/Tibet Build and a Silk Road Otto Build. Basically the same idea, spam TPs and use 25% more ressources as a booming tool. Otto version is better though, because you can age up way faster and actually contest the TP line. Those Builds are probably not good but i like them.

Just to add onto this: With the Otto Buildorder you can end up with 4 ATP/Silk Roaded Tradeposts, 10 Jans, and an Age 3 shipment arriving at 8:30, which is why i think that one might actually be somewhat usefull/The silk Road card might have potential.

Jap one is pretty good on paper as well but just very greedy.. dont think you would get away with it vs any half decent player.
if you want i can give you more detailed buildorders for those as well LUL

Yeah i experimented a bit with that kind of jap build (with the spanish consulate) alongside a dutch consulate build for japan, but i would say it is a bit too greedy to be actually competitive. Maybe it can work against dutch or other super boomy civs, but idk.

I'll leave the link here. For the spanish build you send asian ATP instead of GFA iirc
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13699
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Peachrocks wrote:Yeah I've played with Mapuche Iron troops. I.e get Mapuche natives with -10% coin cost. Sure that tech needs roughly about 3,600 coin worth of units to pay for itself but its not half bad if you're going merc heavy + artillery. Can work as Germany too with merc combat. Bonus points if you get some good heavy infantry or use Dance Halls for Ronin because of the 50% siege tech the Mapuche have too.'

You can do it as Russia to have +100% siege ronins who also protect your strelets
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Peachrocks wrote:Hey all,

Aside the fact I need to get the rust off (and give the minor natives some love) I've got some unusual strats that I want to try and refine. Some more effective then others. Who's known for doing wacky nonsense here? I'm a bit of out of touch.

10 years ago I used to have somebody to do silly things like Sheep FF (Iro/India, ship 20 sheep as Iro to give India ridiculous numbers of shipments) but well they aren't around anymore. Mostly want to talk 1vs1 but I'll take what I can get :lol:

Well i came with idea to test a 4v4 strategy to see if actually is real, india free barracks spwan (yeah 0 wood cost) nobody want to test it. 20 sheeps for india sounds good :grin:
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

A classic unusual strat is the iro FF or FI, both fun and flexible since everyone plays so defensive vs iro and you rarely get punished for aging up
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

You can find a tonne of good stuff on the old AOE3-Heavengames strategy walls. The game was less sharp then, so there was a lot more viability with semi-crazy strategies.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... f=15,,0,10

Special mention to:
- 5 vill russia colonial sea-boom
- Otto Petard Rush
- The Tashunke Shank
- Age 1 British VC boom
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:You can find a tonne of good stuff on the old AOE3-Heavengames strategy walls. The game was less sharp then, so there was a lot more viability with semi-crazy strategies.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... f=15,,0,10

Special mention to:
- 5 vill russia colonial sea-boom
- Otto Petard Rush
- The Tashunke Shank
- Age 1 British VC boom

5 vill russia colonial sea-boom? where did u find this?
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016