Ger vs India

New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Ger vs India

Post by ocemilky »

Picking up sup again thanks to the NWC. I think I know how to play this MU but would like to know if I'm missing anything.

Vs aggressive India, 3sw 8xbow 3dop and mass a little xbow to fend off sepoy. Ulhan/dops for sowar/snaring sepoy under tc. Transition to 3 and go skirm WW with maybe 5 dops ship for siege?

Vs passive India just semi or ff and go skirm ulhan initially transitioning into skirm ww for elephants/urumi.

Also got railed by a japan all in rush where they sent 300w first. I think the guy that played it literally only plays japan. Any way for me to survive this? He had sams/consulate units and ashi I think.

Only played a few games so far and not at much of a high level so any help is appreciated.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Ger vs India

Post by jesus3 »

Was that Jap guy cosuco? If so, @gibson can give you good advice on how to beat him

As for Ger vs India:
As a frequent Ger player I find that Matchup weird, especially if we're talking about EP. You have to scout a lot and then decide what to do, but I basically never go dop in that MU. Against aggressive India, key is to not overreact and not lose too many vills before the attempt to age up. Good India players won't overcommit under your tc and target easy houses instead.
Against eco India, overwhelm with early age 3 mass timing push. If that fails, you lose.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

Guy was cosuco and the next game he went walls FI which I totally could have won and I know what I need to do next time. It was just the early timing in the first game of his rush. So many units so quickly.

I only shipped 3 dop because I didnt have anything for his incoming sowar and he over committed. Hunts were super trash and far away with no berries so I think I had to mass xbow a bit to defend. Maybe if I had berries or hunts under tc I should have tried to go 2sw 8xbow 700c into fort?
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Japanese rush is easy to hold if you know it's coming!
U need to keep an eye on Japan's deck!! If by any chance he has 300w and hk on deck then scout his first age 2 shipment. When he sends a shipment the x2 disappears!
If he ships ashis first he is probably rushing!!
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

RE maps suck so don't try this there. But you can hold basically any colonial push (except consulate rush) that india does with 3sw+700w+8bow+700g(for ageup). Stable first and make uhlans to stop his eco,then add a rax with 700w and queue bows but only train them if he is actually doing a push, also you can cancel 8 bows and just gather everything if you notice he's not doing a timing and save the card for fortress. This should be a good starting point build to play vs india I think. It's really safe and counters a lot of what india brings in colonial
Vs consulate rush I think you musk start with rax and make bows but I'm not really sure

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Luciofrancosi wrote:Japanese rush is easy to hold if you know it's coming!
U need to keep an eye on Japan's deck!! If by any chance he has 300w and hk on deck then scout his first age 2 shipment. When he sends a shipment the x2 disappears!
If he ships ashis first he is probably rushing!!

You can also scout if he has a consulate in age 1 or if he's building it in transition. Also if you see 2 shrines and no wood treasure it's likely a rush coming

New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

Yeah I knew the rush was coming as soon as I saw him ship 300w but I just didn't know how to handle it. He just went for houses and I didnt have enough units to be able to def. Also couldnt get 8 xbow ship out in time as he killed my houses so fast.

Thanks for the India MU tips, I'll try 3sw 8xbow 700w if hes pressuring and see how that goes.

Am I correct in going skirm ww age 3? Its a bit rough not having 2 falcon ship and some surprise mahouts can really fuck up a mass. Ulhan too low hp to be able to tank and kill them. Urumi seem easy to deal with and I think they might even be a bad card against ger?
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

Also I've been playing RE because theres no ep games. Are there many capt/major level ep players?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

ocemilky wrote:Also I've been playing RE because theres no ep games. Are there many capt/major level ep players?

Yes, there are many.

About WW it's perfectly fine when they go for colonial sepoys because you can kite them.

New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon

Post by ocemilky »

I hardly see any hosted 1v1s for ep and when I do its more the higher tier players. Maybe it's my timezone
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

ocemilky wrote:I hardly see any hosted 1v1s for ep and when I do its more the higher tier players. Maybe it's my timezone

Join the ESOC discord loads of captains trying to find EP games on there.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

ocemilky wrote:I hardly see any hosted 1v1s for ep and when I do its more the higher tier players. Maybe it's my timezone

Host your own, with time you're gonna know the people and add them to your friends list. You can add me too to play later

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Can anyone also tell me how to beat india as ger. I know how to handle normal 12 sepoy rush or even 10/10. But what about greedy play by Indian player and a timing when i just clicked the age up button.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

@Shikari ship mercs
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Vs passive india just ff. 3 sw 700w, or 3 sw 700g if early tp. Be aggressive in early fort, with skirm uhlan if you're sure they're aging (then add ww), or with skirm ww if they seem to stay colo.

Vs aggro india, start rax. If he's up really early (like 10/10) ship bows first and train 5 pikes. Otherwise just 3 sw and train bows. Gather gold for mm either way, use it for steel traps if he's not too aggro. Don't ship 3 dops unless yoy really need it, which you shouldnt. Scout next to agra for a consulate rush, in which case you'll want 8 bows 2nd or 3rd card (double rax with wood crates also work). Whenever you feel safe, usually 3rd or 4th card, ship 700g anf age. Train dops in transition. Push agra with skirm ww. Ship jaegers at some point after your initial push.

Vs aggro jap, scout his deck and fb. Start rax and bow pike, should be np to hold that in base. Then either age up or mass bow pike and push his fb then age.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..