Aztec vs Germany

United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Aztec vs Germany

Post by frostibite »

What is the best way to handle this MU as Aztec. If I make coyote runners to chase uhlans around and raid it puts me behind in the long run because you can only raid so much if the opponent herds properly. If he gets to fortress, he will have mercs which I feel are OP. Black riders are annoying to chase around with maces and just doesnt work. If I pressure with puma, he pops minutemen, crossbow, and chases me with uhlan and the switch over to puma puts me behind on wood and food.

What do you guys do?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Aztec vs Germany

Post by deleted_user0 »

Resign
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You can check my series against kaiserklein in the New Year Cup where I tried my best, but as Somppu said, you're not supposed to win that MU.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

You usually go coyo/puma in colonial vs germany until opponent trains dopps
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

It's a red flag if the answer is "just resign". Love this game and all of its potential but this is not acceptable.
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

What do you guys do against India? Thats the other tough matchup for me. @Diarouga @deleted_user2 @Sargsyan

What civ should I learn besides aztec to take care of any counter civs that they have?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

frostibite wrote:What do you guys do against India? Thats the other tough matchup for me. @Diarouga @deleted_user2 @Sargsyan

What civ should I learn besides aztec to take care of any counter civs that they have?

Mass shit ton of mace and puma and siege their shit. If they mass gurkha mix some coyo.

Learn germany and there are no counters.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Against india you want to destroy agra to get that 960 xp which is more than 2 shipments i believe. Then set up for contain or continue to pressure. Former is better i think because with that xp boost ypu can ship both 3wps and 5vills
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This MU (India v Aztec not the one that the thread is about) has been played tons of times recently especially after that one recent tournament that this MU was played tons of times.

India places an Agra which should be totally within TC fire defense range. Aztec masses puma mace (maybe coyo) and right clicks Agra, pushing Gurkha back with more mace. India makes only batches of 5 Gurkha and tries to hold with Elephants until otto cons mm. Once held without losing Agra, India wins.

It's on Aztec to get the Agra down.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

At lower level you can probably go mace/pike and siege down the agra but it shouldn't work. There's no way you're going to break skirm/mm/TC/agra with a rush, just no way if the India guy doesn't go greedy (now if he goes for all the market upgrades, including the 150/150/150 one that's a different story).

The best way is to go mace/coyote against gurkha/zam and hit a big timing because it's hard to hold. If the Indian guy walls however, you should just resign.
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

So a way to boom with azzy is to get that 3 priest card sent and then do the dance to get more priests. Has anyone ever tried filling the pit with vills real fast to get to 10 priests the fastest. Obviously you would lose resource income for the time being, but you would get to 10 priests faster?

Also, when do you fill the rest of your pit with villies after the 10 priests? After vill limit? Excessive resource income? I feel it is awkward when to know if you should fill the pit and give up potential resource income
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

frostibite wrote:So a way to boom with azzy is to get that 3 priest card sent and then do the dance to get more priests. Has anyone ever tried filling the pit with vills real fast to get to 10 priests the fastest. Obviously you would lose resource income for the time being, but you would get to 10 priests faster?

Also, when do you fill the rest of your pit with villies after the 10 priests? After vill limit? Excessive resource income? I feel it is awkward when to know if you should fill the pit and give up potential resource income

No idea, I've never tried to get 10wp fast :O

It sounds good, how did you get this idea? 8-)
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
frostibite wrote:So a way to boom with azzy is to get that 3 priest card sent and then do the dance to get more priests. Has anyone ever tried filling the pit with vills real fast to get to 10 priests the fastest. Obviously you would lose resource income for the time being, but you would get to 10 priests faster?

I feel like you are referring to something but I really do not know. I play this game casually but want to get better I am only at a level 26 right now.

If I see my opponent army count is low ive been sending the 4 wp card and then putting filling firepit capacity with vills to get to 10 wp. I shift remaining vills to wood/food in a proportion that allows enough house production to not get capped and enough food production to continue constant vill production. But its a bit risky because you have to know for sure that your opponent's army count is low.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

frostibite wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I feel like you are referring to something but I really do not know. I play this game casually but want to get better I am only at a level 26 right now.

If I see my opponent army count is low ive been sending the 4 wp card and then putting filling firepit capacity with vills to get to 10 wp. I shift remaining vills to wood/food in a proportion that allows enough house production to not get capped and enough food production to continue constant vill production. But its a bit risky because you have to know for sure that your opponent's army count is low.

I'm joking ofc because I do that all the time ;)
It's pretty good but too easy to scout and counter.