India Challenger_Marco
Howdah
ESO: challenger_marco

20 Jul 2019, 19:09

Hey guys ,Many new players seems to be having problems with british and hence i wanted to reply them and in turn i wrote a guide! This is a comprehensive guide which contains all info ,some of the content were taken from esoc but rest of it is written by me ,i hope it helps and gives you comeplete understand of the civ! :smile:
Comprehensive British Guide

ImageImageImageImage

Written by Challenger_Marco

Introduction:
British used to be a powerful civilization in the history, Are they Powerful in AOE 3 too? Yes they are, they have insane economy with manor boom and their units are very strong. Their best units are Musketeers and Hussars, however they have their unique units which can interest you. Longbowmen (lb) and Rockets (available in age 4 from factories and home city shipments) which are unique for this civilization and lb are the best unit for light infantry as they pay off really well for their cheap price.
So let’s straight away jump into the game… So as playing British you start with 1 explorer, 6 crates and 6 settlers. Having that said what I need you to do is watch or observe carefully and quickly before the timer starts what crates have been spawned, Notice that crate spawn varies each game & it’s not fixed! So you need to follow different order in age 1 for different crate spawns, which is what I’m going to explain in this guide, along with various strategies you could do, timings, macro/micro, deck guide, card order, build order, long term and short term plan, map guide, switching units, lastly some bonus contents.

Unit Guide:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

First Step: Have a good deck
Having a good deck is essential for optimal play, many times card matters and if you have bad/wrong cards you might lose the game. I have seen many players do good strategy but due to a bad deck, players loose, I don’t want that to happen to you so, I will paste some decks with variations so you can use it. I recommend having a 60-80+ home city level, now that xp mod is available I don’t think lack of cards is going to be an issue.

For maps with Trading Posts

For Maps without Trading Posts

For Water maps

For Semi Water play

For Team on Land Maps

For Team on Water maps

For Team Semi Water play

Second Step: Learning strategies & Build orders
Alright, First step here is to learn the crate spawns first and to do the best things you need to do before age 2 or in other words being effective to going for age 2. If you have observed, the crate spawn are different every time, so following the same build, like building houses when you get a gold start is not wise strategy, as there is a better option in that case, so I will be teaching you what you should build and research according to the crates.

Good crate spawns:
I will call the spawned crates are good if you get 600 resources of crates in total else, it’s a bad spawn, but you can still play the game with what you have it is not going to affect you that much.
1. 300 :food: 300 :wood:
2. 300 :food: 200 :wood: 100 :coin:
1. Spread all of your vills to each of the crates and queue the first vill asap, if you’re playing on a TP map get a TP with your explorer and chop 35w and get a house, so on TP maps, you exactly build 1 TP and 1 House in age 1.
If it’s a non TP map, you can build 3 manors, so you need to chop 100w and if by any means you found some good coin treasures you can build 1 market and research Hunting dogs, so 1 House 1 Market and age.
2. The same thing, spreading of vills all the time. Always 1 vill on 1 crate. Then, you build 1 manor and 1 market and research Hunting Dogs and age.

Bad crate spawns:
1. 200 :food: 200 :wood: 100 :coin:
2. 200 :food: 300 :wood:
1. Same as the one mentioned in 2nd case in good spawn.
2. Same as the one mentioned in 1st case in good spawn.

How many vills are you supposed to put on wood?
Most of the time 3 vills on wood to get all the things done as I mentioned above, rest of the vills on food and new vills onto food too.

General Thumb rule:
1 manor =16 vill age up
2 manors =17 vill age up
3 manors =18 vill age up
For fast age up you need to count down 1 vill from each of the things I said above, so it goes 15, 16, and 17.
Any big wood treasures you get invest it on manor and you get an extra vill.

The Market Micro:
Ok, many would have been thinking how I utilise the market effectively? I don’t want to draw out a big drama on this, it’s just simple, sometimes you can just build market first and then trade gold to wood and get a manor asap (if you found a lot of coin treasures), this is the most effective way of doing and makes you a lot faster, it takes 126 gold to buy 100w, if you have 100g just mine 26 more and trade it to wood since vills gather wood the slowest out of all resources and hence it’s better.

How to manage macro as brits?
This is a common problem for everyone as there are so many vills and you will be floating a lot of resources, so you need to manage your vill distribution perfectly onto three resources food wood and gold, if you start with food and gold units and then once you have enough vills for full production of those units , rest of the vills on wood and you need to start booming with manors and get 20 manors in age 2 if you are staying longer in that age, if you’re going with food and wood type of unit(lb, pike) you need to start switching vills from food and wood accordingly after you start getting full batches & switch them to gold and start getting market upgrades etc and balance the resource distribution. If by any means you happen float a lot of wood invest it on outposts when your gathering outside the map to help you save you from big raids.

What politician to pick to age 2?

Aging timings:
1. Fast age up before 3:00 mins (ok)
2. 3-3:05 normal age up time (standard)
3. 3:10-3:15+ late age (bad)
It exactly takes 90 seconds to reach age 2.

What to do in age 3/age 4?
You can boom hard by making 3 Town Centres and making vills from them and start sending eco upgrades cards if you’re playing team, and if you reach to age 4 you can send the Estates card and make 20 vills from manors asap but this rarely happens in 1v1 so yeah in team games.
Finishing with this, we will be jumping onto build orders.

Build Orders:
1. Musketeers + Tower (standard)
2. Cav start
3. LB and pike start
4. x2 Musketeers rush
5. 3 Caravel Rush (On Water maps)
6. VC BOOM

Common age 1 card: For all these strategy you will send 3v first.
If you happen to start with 300w and on a TP map get a Trading Post and always send both 3v and VC so that you can get a manor extra or more during transition.

The Musketeers + Tower build

The Cav start Build

Lb and pike start Build

The x2 musk rush

The 3 Caravels rush

The VC BOOM

Bonus Content: Cheese Build
Black Watch build

Third Step: Watching Vods & Recorded Games:
After reading all the things above, time to get clarity so watch recorded games of high level players and same with videos on YouTube, I will link them below:

https://eso-community.net/recorded-games

https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/index.php ... on=TADFP12

https://pkclan.net/viewforum.php?f=2

https://eso-community.net/community-links.php

Fourth Step: Knowing the Match Ups:
Vs European/Nilla civs

Vs Asian Civs

Vs Warchief Civs

Fifth Step: Practicing vs Bots:
I know it’s hard to remember everything at once by reading so, just practice the strategies one by one in each different cases against Expert AI (bots) until you’re confident before testing it out vs real players.

Sixth Step: Playing vs Real players & Analyzing mistakes:
After knowing all the strategies, it is time to test it out vs real people and see how it goes and improve from it, playing vs better players will help you find flaws in your build and record games so as to see the mistakes committed by you and analyse them.

Author’s Message:
“Congratulations! after learning all the steps your British is going to be you main and favourite civilization to play and happy gaming and rekting players hehe…
Thanks for reading, I hope it helps and gives you confidence and understanding of this civ very well.”

Any feedbacks from top /knowledgeable players is appreciated ,I hope this guide is accurate I have put alot of hours into this.
Attachments
AOE III BRITISH GUIDE updated.docx
(11.27 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
AOE III -British Guide.docx
Click here for download
(11.12 MiB) Downloaded 517 times
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah

20 Jul 2019, 19:11

More comprehensive guides are on the way ,this is a long term project....anyone want to help can join me :P
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

20 Jul 2019, 19:23

How is VC boom a bonus content? It should be the main build !
Well written and very complete other than that.
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah

20 Jul 2019, 19:29

[Armag] diarouga wrote:How is VC boom a bonus content? It should be the main build !

Hmm ok thanks for your feedback,that VC build is diff coz you send VC first not 3v or what GS does so I think in the current meta none sends VC first so I put it in bonus content.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

20 Jul 2019, 21:07

Challenger_Marco wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:How is VC boom a bonus content? It should be the main build !

Hmm ok thanks for your feedback,that VC build is diff coz you send VC first not 3v or what GS does so I think in the current meta none sends VC first so I put it in bonus content.

I'd say that VC is a main strat, at least for me. I'd do that build 50% of the time.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

20 Jul 2019, 21:12

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:

I'd say that VC is a main strat, at least for me. I'd do that build 50% of the time.

Would you only do it with tp start? When else would u use it?
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

20 Jul 2019, 21:18

Method_man714 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Would you only do it with tp start? When else would u use it?

I'd do it always.
India cskbluewolf
Crossbow
ESO: cskbluewolf

21 Jul 2019, 02:17

Challenger_Marco wrote:Hey guys ,Many new players seems to be having problems with british and hence i wanted to reply them and in turn i wrote a guide! This is a comprehensive guide which contains all info ,some of the content were taken from esoc but rest of it is written by me ,i hope it helps and gives you comeplete understand of the civ! :smile:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m6wsmaj ... .docx/file
Any feedbacks from top /knowledgeable players is appreciated ,I hope this guide is accurate I have put alot of hours into this.

Thanks i am very new to the game. I will try to give a shot with this.
Canada dansil92
ESOC Maps Team
ESO: dansil92

21 Jul 2019, 02:54

VC is controversial but personally i think its superior to the other build just by virtue of the manor xp generating shipments faster, but it makes macro a bit less wood heavy too so even if you might be down a couple vills you tend to be a shipment ahead and a bit more efficient
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=441858#p441857
My official maps thread

There is a master sergeant level solution for every PR 40 problem.
-Le Hussard sur le toit
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah

21 Jul 2019, 03:15

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:

Ok i updated it!
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: RSY
GameRanger ID: 665696

28 Jul 2019, 02:52

cskbluewolf wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Hey guys ,Many new players seems to be having problems with british and hence i wanted to reply them and in turn i wrote a guide! This is a comprehensive guide which contains all info ,some of the content were taken from esoc but rest of it is written by me ,i hope it helps and gives you comeplete understand of the civ! :smile:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m6wsmaj ... .docx/file

Thanks i am very new to the game. I will try to give a shot with this.

Welcome to ESOC bud!
If you don't word vomit unintelligible syllables, you're using a linguistic framework, which geeba you're being gabba by someone else's gooba that gibba things for gubba. And that's fake gooba geeba gabba gibba gubba.
-cometk

#IdrinkCoronas
Great Britain Phoenix999
Crossbow
ESO: Phoenix999

17 Dec 2019, 12:30

Nice work JASS!
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

06 Jan 2020, 13:59

Nice work, maybe add a table of contents? Makes refinding topics within the guide much easier.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Mali Goujar
Crossbow
ESO: Goujar

08 Jan 2020, 13:42

Thank you for the guide. The mu part is going to be really usefull for me :smile:
India Frosty_2
Musketeer

04 Feb 2020, 05:35

12 likes?, wtf?
tan tan tan ..tantatan.. tantatan.. tantatan...
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah

22 Jun 2020, 14:14

New Update:
-Added bbcode version
-Added new word document which contains content page (easy to navigate)
Hope this is more user-friendly now.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Skirmisher
ESO: Lunatic_Fringe

08 Jul 2020, 16:57

@Challenger_Marco Thanks for the work on the update. One of the best guides around that can benefit anyone.

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”