The card "stonemasons" worth it?

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: The card "stonemasons" worth it?

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:Adding vills on a building doesn't scale in a linear way tho. SW is more efficient because it bulds twice as fast, 2 normal vills would build at like 1.5x the speed of a normal vill. SW uses less vs

sw is 4 vills on a building iirc.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Adding vills on a building doesn't scale in a linear way tho. SW is more efficient because it bulds twice as fast, 2 normal vills would build at like 1.5x the speed of a normal vill. SW uses less vs

sw is 4 vills on a building iirc.

Makes sense!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

yemshi wrote:
jgals wrote: yes it was mainly aztec I was talking about when i said its useful for treaty. agreed. I think it's actually necessary for az , and they can basically fit it in their deck, but they might be the only civ its necessary

RE otto can also fit in whatever shit they like :p
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
What's the downside? Does everybody really enjoy seeing semi-FF game after game after game?

This game has so much variety but due to imbalances only a few core strategies are viable.

It's quite a few "core" strategies and A LOT of adaption/variency tbh.
We'll just run in circles if we make more and more viable/useful. Because everytime we do even little things (as spanish 400g card) we step a bit further away from RE AND potentially balance at the same time.
We asked ourselves the question of what EP's goal should be many times and we always came to the conclusion that having a (semi-)balanced RE where everyone could theoretically just hop on is just superior. It is also a problem of playerbase, sadly. The more we do, the less comprehensive it is for newer or lower players.

Personally I'd even be fine with adding new things if I were to decide in a vacuum. For now I and we prefer that very game we all learnt to love years and over decade ago :flowers:

This doesn't make any sense - I'm not arguing that we start adding new things to the game (eg: Spanish 400g was completely new and changes the Spain meta). I'm merely asking that we boost severely underperforming cards or units such that they're viable - or at least not completely unviable.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

My point is that even a created card with a specific effect for Spain is already so troublesome that we fear(ed) that making more and more cards/ units viable across all civs will just lead into a playground where our competetiveness is severly endagered.

400g was an example. 90f villagers for ports could be another where even a simple change shifts the port meta a lot - and with that of course the viability.
What would actually happen if we made Stonemasons viable? If we made that one card viable that has a lot of intereseting potential (e.g. the Japanese card that makes your villagers cost wood), etc.? Can you imagine how much such a change *could* shift the meta and how much it needs for such a card to actually BE viable?