Is this build viable vs ports water boom.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Is this build viable vs ports water boom.

Post by Shikari »

I say this as a build but all it is is just a slight variance from std. German build.
I did this on borneo as germany vs ports. I saw that he was going water and came up with this on the fly. I won but it felt like i won because I plain played better than my opponent. What I want to know is this viable vs good port water player or vs water play in general.
It's a coin start i go normal market hunting dog stuff. After clicking up I don't gather for Placer mine and steel traps just for a tp and then just collect food and coin in order to gather everything for an age up. As soon as you age use 200w of 400 for Placer mine and steel traps and place two houses send 3sw ofcorse. Next 700w place a stable second tp and few houses save 200w for stage coach. Click to age 3 with privateer instead of philosopher prince. And then get stage coach after clicking age up rather than before. Gather 500gold with most vills and send 2 privateer colonial card. Now when you age up you have plenty of housing space so that you don't have to chop for any. You should have a shipment ready to send when you reach fortress. Send 8 skirms and make 5ww for stable. Push on water with 3 privateers and on land with 5ww 8skirms two pirates and free ulhans.

Sorry for the wall of text :) but can't wait for some feedback.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: Is this build viable vs ports water boom.

Post by chris1089 »

Shikari wrote:I say this as a build but all it is is just a slight variance from std. German build.
I did this on borneo as germany vs ports. I saw that he was going water and came up with this on the fly. I won but it felt like i won because I plain played better than my opponent. What I want to know is this viable vs good port water player or vs water play in general.
It's a coin start i go normal market hunting dog stuff. After clicking up I don't gather for Placer mine and steel traps just for a tp and then just collect food and coin in order to gather everything for an age up. As soon as you use 200w of 400 for Placer mine and steel traps and place two houses send 3sw ofcorse. Next 700w place a stable second tp and few houses save 200w for stage coach. Click to age 3 with privateer instead of philosopher prince. And then get stage coach after clicking age up rather than before. Gather 500gold with most vills and send 2 privateer colonial card. Now when you age up you have plenty of housing space so that you don't have to chop for any. You should have a shipment ready to send when you reach fortress. Send 8 skirms and make 5ww for stable. Push on water with 3 privateers and on land with 5ww 8skirms two pirates and free ulhans.

Sorry for the wall of text :) but can't wait for some feedback.

Sounds alright as a start, but it's going to be shut down very easily by a few walls and/or a good player I think
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Maybe ship 1000gold next card and start making falcs if he walls? That's what I did but didn't added that part cause it is just adaptation after first shipment. I have a recording which I can upload but what I did was less efficient cause I made 5 ulhans which I shouldn't have. And got Placer mine in transition. Basically was playing std. Till 700w came.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Ye I basically think it's a good start but don't just take it from me as I'm PR25 with not much water experience.