Outlaw/mercspam as Germany, is it worth it?

Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Outlaw/mercspam as Germany, is it worth it?

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

I've been feeling cheeky for the last few days, so I decided to play some unconventional strats.
I've been mainly playing with @Kaiserklein's build here, but I had some success with Outlaw rushes on maps with say, Renegados.
Wanna hear your opinions on the strat and see where I could do better, because I am having tons of fun playing it!
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Outlaw/mercspam as Germany, is it worth it?

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its super bad its a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge troll
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I used to play this a lot with Germans, with great success against the Ottoman no brainers. Most of the time it is worth it because you will have decent or good mercs and your opponent will not know how to counter you. It's easily counterable though, with a late age II attack with cavalry or even in age III with the counter unit and raids to mines
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Below pr 25 it's very viable, learn the outlaws for each map though, imo it's only worth doing when you have rens or thugees as they're both op in colonial.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Right mate! Feeling cheeky are we? I especially love the Renegado outlaws on GP! Superb!
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Thuggees are very good but only appear on deccan for RE, thuggee rushing being a fairly strong strat against infantry civs.

Renegados are on lots of maps and are VERY good for their cost.

Pistoleros are more niche, i can imagine potential uses for them as dutch since they lack a musketeer but i dont know how viable it would be.

Commancheros suck harder than a black hole

Mercs are more diverse but jaegers, highlanders, stradiots, manchu and swiss pikes are my personal favourites
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Renegados/Thuggees are quite sick for civs without housing problem. Especially, for defence.
I always do renes, for example in brit-india MU if they are available.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

dansil92 wrote:Thuggees are very good but only appear on deccan for RE, thuggee rushing being a fairly strong strat against infantry civs.

Renegados are on lots of maps and are VERY good for their cost.

Pistoleros are more niche, i can imagine potential uses for them as dutch since they lack a musketeer but i dont know how viable it would be.

Commancheros suck harder than a black hole

Mercs are more diverse but jaegers, highlanders, stradiots, manchu and swiss pikes are my personal favourites

Commach you can use vs germany as they work vs uhlan and dops.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

1. Does anyone knows how to use renogardos or thugees just for defense purposes. say vs strong musk rushes. and the get to age3 and play std. ger. you have to ship the palatine settelment first card. to support their insane house pop. then 3 sw then what. if you want to go std. germany I guess you'll need to send 700wood to make rax and stable. right? So You Just collect to age then or wait for 4th shipment of 700g.

2. Is this strat more viable on no tp map then std. Bow pike and on some no tp maps their is already a saloon i guess it is even more viable on those maps?

3. What do you think about renegardo/thugees defense vs bow pike defense as germany.
@Kaiserklein
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Shikari wrote:1. Does anyone knows how to use renogardos or thugees just for defense purposes. say vs strong musk rushes. and the get to age3 and play std. ger. you have to ship the palatine settelment first card. to support their insane house pop. then 3 sw then what. if you want to go std. germany I guess you'll need to send 700wood to make rax and stable. right? So You Just collect to age then or wait for 4th shipment of 700g.

2. Is this strat more viable on no tp map then std. Bow pike and on some no tp maps their is already a saloon i guess it is even more viable on those maps?

3. What do you think about renegardo/thugees defense vs bow pike defense as germany.
@Kaiserklein

Sw 700w then age, you don't want to spam out outlaws, the point is to just make 5 or 10 so that you can age and have insane mercs.
Rens and thugees both destroy bow pike, just kite to your hearts extent.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Bow pike is nice because it doesn't use up your gold mines, unlike outaws obviously. It's also faster (outlaws take horribly long to train) so against something very aggressive like a jan rush you'd rather go bow pike. If you go outlaws, your first batch will come late and will get cleaned up anyway.

Against a timing like consulate rush though, I guess training outlaws can be good
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Shikari wrote:1. Does anyone knows how to use renogardos or thugees just for defense purposes. say vs strong musk rushes. and the get to age3 and play std. ger. you have to ship the palatine settelment first card. to support their insane house pop. then 3 sw then what. if you want to go std. germany I guess you'll need to send 700wood to make rax and stable. right? So You Just collect to age then or wait for 4th shipment of 700g.

@Kaiserklein

At lieut level, renegados versus aggressive civs always works out in favor of germans. I have won almost 95% of my matchups against otto and india with them. You can also make a nice timing sending 5 cav 3 dops and 8xbow, the games usually gets over before that though.