Dutch-FI

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Dutch-FI

Post by Scroogie »

I am interested only in the most immaculate strats, so I have been wondering if someone has a good Dutch-FI build order for EP or RE? I tried figuring out one myselfs but it's not that clean yet, and maybe someone has some ideas.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Dutch-FI

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

There's a Dutch FI build yes.
It's not strong in the TP meta but you want to make only banks, and defend with CM/towers/Fort. In industrial go for mercs/HCs. Nayuki used to do that on the RE.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Usually you want to go for 700w/600w. First bank in transition, second with 400w, 2 more with 700w. On EP you make a 5th bank from 600w, and you also get a house and a market, and hide a church.

If needed you can ship CM or 8 pikes after that. Ideally though, you also want to ship the church card before you hit fortress. 5 stradiots are really helpful, especially if you also pop your CM.

For that reason, having a TP is really nice if you can get away with it (for example on 200w start with a wood treasure, or at some point in early colo).

Then in fort you want to ship 1000w if you have a shipment, which you might not have. If your opponent is extra passive you can even build 2 more banks from 1000w thanks to the church tech. Or, if you shipped CM, sneaking a tc out on the map can be pretty good. Or just use the wood for regular infrastructures.

Either way, you just macro to go industrial (usually with all vils on food, so make sure you have steel traps in). Age with 1000g, and once in industrial ship the 2 heavy cannons, timed with the 30 guard musks. Again, if your opponent is passive (which realistically almost never is the case at this point), you can just get mercantilism and ship factories and then heavies.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Exactly what kaiser said^

Adding a fort card into your deck is a possible defensive measure (but not ideal) and imo revolting isnt out of the the question with a Dutch fast industrial either
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

Tabben pulled off a rather convincing (semi) FI build as Dutch vs diarouga's India in the semi finals in the LAN. Meta or not but I think that build goes toe-to-toe/stand a fair chance to beat India's urumi FI stuff.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

1000g is really not necessary as Dutch.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:1000g is really not necessary as Dutch.

what would be ur age up choice to age 4?
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

It appears to be a confusion between the 1000 coin shipment and 1000 coin politician
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ah, I thought it was the 1000c shipment, makes sense then.