china general strategy

Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

china general strategy

Post by agrondergermane »

im learning china right now. most of the time i do ff h20 style with porcelain tower. if i face a rush i go ff with confucian academy. in which MUs u go with porcelain or cunfucian? and are there other viable options to play china?
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: china general strategy

Post by deleted_user »

Scout. Adapt.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

To stay very general: FF is the safest and most viable option regardless of the MU. You are right, whenever you feel like you need the 8 skirms to defend the incoming push you do exactly that.
The push is less dependant on the MU but on your opponent imo, as some will raid you a bit and then follow you to age III and some players might just age II push you.
China age II play does have some niche situations where it might actually be better but most of the time it only increases your chance to win by only 10% and ONLY in that one specific scenario that is created by map AND opponent AND MU.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

As fun as it is to play age 2 as China, it’s just not good. You have to win or do serious damage before the 9-10 minute mark where your opponent can start sustaining a cav - RI mix. It’s almost always better to try some sort of defensive FF against a rush or age2 timing then try to stay to match it.
mad cuz bad
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

if you're not winning china age 2 it just means you don't have mongolian scourge in deck
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

China age 2 is usually fine against age 2 play (unless you're against a great age 2 civ like India, Russia, Otto, Brit, Japan) but it's not very scary. Thus most of the nilla civs can safely age to fortress, and then you have no counter to skirm and falcs.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Yeah, I think that's a good explanation of why China age II is rather bad: even with the hardest of all rushes your rarely do lasting damage (keep in mind that you sacrificed eco to rush too) and a simple colonial play is just not scary enough and your opponent can usually age to III regardless.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Chinese in long term colonial have a rather bad army composition, it's better to aim for fortress basically all the time.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:China age 2 is usually fine against age 2 play (unless you're against a great age 2 civ like India, Russia, Otto, Brit, Japan) but it's not very scary. Thus most of the nilla civs can safely age to fortress, and then you have no counter to skirm and falcs.

France, Iro, Aztec are great in age 2 too.

What's left? Ports that you need to age up against cause you can't siege their TC's otherwise. Playing age 2 China against Spain, Dutch, Germans and Sioux doesn't seem too promising. Only mirror is left lol.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

yurashic wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:China age 2 is usually fine against age 2 play (unless you're against a great age 2 civ like India, Russia, Otto, Brit, Japan) but it's not very scary. Thus most of the nilla civs can safely age to fortress, and then you have no counter to skirm and falcs.

France, Iro, Aztec are great in age 2 too.

What's left? Ports that you need to age up against cause you can't siege their TC's otherwise. Playing age 2 China against Spain, Dutch, Germans and Sioux doesn't seem too promising. Only mirror is left lol.

You can play against France, Iro and Aztec in late age 2 tbh. That's if France and Iro don't age though.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No way that china age2 wins v iro age2
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

gamevideo113 wrote:Chinese in long term colonial have a rather bad army composition, it's better to aim for fortress basically all the time.

long term is actually very good army. The problem is mostly extreme tech advantages of the fortress age like artillery or mercs.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

what is this good army of which you speak of
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

umeu wrote:No way that china age2 wins v iro age2

funny that you mention this
oranges.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

You can against Iro, I agree. I disagree against French, once the Huss get upgrades on them, you can no longer stop them.
mad cuz bad
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

keshik with x4 shit on huss. In fact China colo is prob fine vs upped huss even without that card simply because of how bad huss 20% rr is and how cheaper and hard counters china units are compared to trash euro units like huss and xbow.
Iro is harder because iro units, especially aenna, are simply really good. Also with long drawn out colonial Iro can make use of farm ups which also helps with berries and they switch to farms easier anyway. It's just a much better colonial civ than French.
One thing French can do and that surely can screw China at some point is pull the cdbs for a mid map fight. China units are hard counter to other units but rather fragile in general. Even thought steppes with mongolian scourge destroy cdbs, when they are mixed in with other units it's hard to kill them for China.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Biggest problem for me was that you can never realöy mass cav
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Lukas_L99 wrote:Biggest problem for me was that you can never realöy mass cav

Which is not an issue as long as your opponent can't age to get skirmishers or canons.
China is not that bad in age 2 war (average civ I'd say), but the other average civs can go to fortress, that's why it's bad.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

china age 2 is usually ok in teamgames
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Old Han and Old Han accessories.
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

tedere12 wrote:china age 2 is usually ok in teamgames
Is it really? When playing China in age 2 I always feel like I'm just waiting till the right moment to go to age 3, I never feel comfortable in age 2. Maybe I'm not doing an optimal build, I usually go 600w/300ex and unit shipments after. But all of this is just prolonging the game until I can send 700g.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

700w/600w/units/units or 700g
mad cuz bad