France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 19:43

bwinner’s ottomans guide

Since I have been one of the most active ottomans player in the past year on ep, I have decided to write a guide about how to play them.
It is only 90% finished but I think that if I wait more I am never gonna post it, so there it is ;)
I put a lot of recorded games to illustrate the builds descriptions, but if you want you can also download all of it in the big recorded games pack in the end (which includes also more games).
Enjoy !

The Builds

In this part, I try to descibe as many possibilities as possible (can't be exaustiv though of course).

General informations

Jan rush

age 2 contain and timings

Tower ff

FI revo

no TP map ff

Water boom

Full greedy ff

Nativ rush

400w ff

How to play each MU

I try in this section to give you some ideas about how to play each MU and tell you some builds that work. Most of the time though you don't want to exactly stick to one plan otherwise you will be too predictable.
I assume here a standard TP map.

Russia

Brit

France

Portugal

Spain

German

Ottomans

Dutch

Iroquois

Aztec

Sioux

Japan

India

China

Big recorded games pack

If you had not enought with the recs I already included in the post, here are tons of ottomans recorded games.
otto.rar

Conclusion
Big thanks to everyone who helped me : @Challenger_Marco and @[Armag] diarouga especially. I think there will be a few more content later.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

16 Aug 2019, 19:48

Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 19:54

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.

I can delete if you find it embarrassing to be quoted in an otto guide :lol:
Well you gave me your opinion on some parts.
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: Riotcoke

16 Aug 2019, 19:56

Great work!
Islas Malvinas son Britanicas
No Flag aqwer
Dragoon

16 Aug 2019, 19:57

Finally
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

16 Aug 2019, 19:58

bwinner wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.

I can delete if you find it embarrassing to be quoted in an otto guide :lol:
Well you gave me your opinion on some parts.

"I really hope 20 range abus will be removed next patch" is my biggest contribution.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

16 Aug 2019, 19:59

Good guide. You can also build 2 tps on a 400 w start and send 300 w for 1 more tp and a house or send silk road.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:01

yurashic wrote:Good guide. You can also build 2 tps on a 400 w start and send 300 w for 1 more tp and a house or send silk road.

Yeah in fact I didn't really explore this build but I should do and compare it with the mosquee build.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:05

Im so fucking happy
No Flag Djigit
Lancer

16 Aug 2019, 20:21

Well, I guess I'm gonna main otto from now on.
Emperor of
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:26

How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

16 Aug 2019, 20:27

Schooners is better.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:28

Riotcoke wrote:How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?

it's not great Imo. I have actually tested both schooners and non schooners with similar build and schooners felt very superior
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:29

bwinner wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?

it's not great Imo. I have actually tested both schooners and non schooners with similar build and schooners felt very superior

Even as sort of a secret dock, i,e opponent is less likely to think that you're going water?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 20:35

Riotcoke wrote:
bwinner wrote:

Even as sort of a secret dock, i,e opponent is less likely to think that you're going water?

hmmm well ok, in fact to play age 2 it can be decent. I have been using it with an ok winrate on cascade range mainly, building a dock in age 1 and a few fishing boats. But that's mainly because you don't have a lot of good options on this map tbh.
Australia Kawapasaka
Lancer

16 Aug 2019, 21:38

This is exactly what I need to finally defeat GUA's Brits.
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

16 Aug 2019, 21:46

Question about revolt. What market upgrades do you get? None, or is hunting dogs worth it? Also, should you upgrade the vil limit from the mosque? I find that I end with around 30v in a revolt, not sure if that's worth getting the upgrade or not. Also what's the best way to buy time for the revolt? Sometimes I try aging to 3 with 4 huss and using that to raid.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

16 Aug 2019, 22:02

charlemango wrote:Question about revolt. What market upgrades do you get? None, or is hunting dogs worth it? Also, should you upgrade the vil limit from the mosque? I find that I end with around 30v in a revolt, not sure if that's worth getting the upgrade or not. Also what's the best way to buy time for the revolt? Sometimes I try aging to 3 with 4 huss and using that to raid.

Well if you are following the classic version of the build :
-usually don't build a market
-Just get vils limit up if you see you will have more settler with it (you have the church anyway and that's just 100g, so research it whenever you need).
-Once the fort is up, you don't fear much honnestly. The classical version is played with fast age up so you don't have 4 huss. If you do the "fake tower ff" version, then you raid with the 4 huss yes.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Dragoon
Donator 01
ESO: [YumiW]-GiBthedurrty

16 Aug 2019, 22:03

thanks
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Dragoon
ESO: Danielek

16 Aug 2019, 22:18

Can this guide get me to pr 35 +?
European Union scarm
Dragoon
ESO: Malebranche

17 Aug 2019, 19:40

Just realized you don't have Cav Combat in your Deck and have the Fort instead. What is the reasoning for that? Cav Combat seems so good.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

17 Aug 2019, 19:44

You don't really make cav as otto (20 range abus are better than cav at countering skirms and artillery lol) and you need the fort to revolt.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888

17 Aug 2019, 19:52

Embracing the meme by making a quality guide. Thanks bwinner. Time to start using quick search again.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

18 Aug 2019, 07:05

I haven't read anything yet but all this apply to re as well right.
France Lecastete
Dragoon
Donator 02
ESO: Lecastete

18 Aug 2019, 12:38

Really efficient guide, I can tower FF like a pro now

Why bow pike when can pike pike - Aiz

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”