User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 19:43


bwinner’s ottomans guide


Since I have been one of the most active ottomans player in the past year on ep, I have decided to write a guide about how to play them.
It is only 90% finished but I think that if I wait more I am never gonna post it, so there it is ;)
I put a lot of recorded games to illustrate the builds descriptions, but if you want you can also download all of it in the big recorded games pack in the end (which includes also more games).
Enjoy !


The Builds

In this part, I try to descibe as many possibilities as possible (can't be exaustiv though of course).

General informations


Jan rush



age 2 contain and timings


Tower ff


FI revo



no TP map ff


Water boom


Full greedy ff


Nativ rush


400w ff




How to play each MU


I try in this section to give you some ideas about how to play each MU and tell you some builds that work. Most of the time though you don't want to exactly stick to one plan otherwise you will be too predictable.
I assume here a standard TP map.

Russia


Brit


France


Portugal


Spain


German


Ottomans


Dutch



Iroquois


Aztec


Sioux


Japan



India


China



Big recorded games pack

If you had not enought with the recs I already included in the post, here are tons of ottomans recorded games.
otto.rar


Conclusion
Big thanks to everyone who helped me : @Challenger_Marco and @[Armag] diarouga especially. I think there will be a few more content later.
Image
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9769
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Aug 2019, 19:48

Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 19:54

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.

I can delete if you find it embarrassing to be quoted in an otto guide :lol:
Well you gave me your opinion on some parts.
Image
User avatar
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2114
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

16 Aug 2019, 19:56

Great work!
Islas Malvinas son Britanicas
No Flag aqwer
Dragoon
Posts: 210

16 Aug 2019, 19:57

Finally
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9769
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Aug 2019, 19:58

bwinner wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not sure why I'm mentioned at the end, I didn't help a lot.

I can delete if you find it embarrassing to be quoted in an otto guide :lol:
Well you gave me your opinion on some parts.

"I really hope 20 range abus will be removed next patch" is my biggest contribution.
User avatar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
Posts: 1157
ESO: Yurashic
Location: Russia

16 Aug 2019, 19:59

Good guide. You can also build 2 tps on a 400 w start and send 300 w for 1 more tp and a house or send silk road.
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 20:01

yurashic wrote:Good guide. You can also build 2 tps on a 400 w start and send 300 w for 1 more tp and a house or send silk road.

Yeah in fact I didn't really explore this build but I should do and compare it with the mosquee build.
Image
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6236

16 Aug 2019, 20:05

Im so fucking happy
User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Lancer
Posts: 846

16 Aug 2019, 20:21

Well, I guess I'm gonna main otto from now on.
Emperor of
Image
User avatar
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2114
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

16 Aug 2019, 20:26

How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?
Islas Malvinas son Britanicas
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9769
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Aug 2019, 20:27

Schooners is better.
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 20:28

Riotcoke wrote:How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?

it's not great Imo. I have actually tested both schooners and non schooners with similar build and schooners felt very superior
Image
User avatar
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2114
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

16 Aug 2019, 20:29

bwinner wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?

it's not great Imo. I have actually tested both schooners and non schooners with similar build and schooners felt very superior

Even as sort of a secret dock, i,e opponent is less likely to think that you're going water?
Islas Malvinas son Britanicas
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 20:35

Riotcoke wrote:
bwinner wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:How do you feel about non schooners fishing, so start dock and make like like 10-15 boats instead of going heavy water?

it's not great Imo. I have actually tested both schooners and non schooners with similar build and schooners felt very superior

Even as sort of a secret dock, i,e opponent is less likely to think that you're going water?

hmmm well ok, in fact to play age 2 it can be decent. I have been using it with an ok winrate on cascade range mainly, building a dock in age 1 and a few fishing boats. But that's mainly because you don't have a lot of good options on this map tbh.
Image
Australia Kawapasaka
Lancer
Posts: 589
Location: Wales (new, south)

16 Aug 2019, 21:38

This is exactly what I need to finally defeat GUA's Brits.
Image
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
Posts: 75
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

16 Aug 2019, 21:46

Question about revolt. What market upgrades do you get? None, or is hunting dogs worth it? Also, should you upgrade the vil limit from the mosque? I find that I end with around 30v in a revolt, not sure if that's worth getting the upgrade or not. Also what's the best way to buy time for the revolt? Sometimes I try aging to 3 with 4 huss and using that to raid.
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1153
ESO: bwinner

16 Aug 2019, 22:02

charlemango wrote:Question about revolt. What market upgrades do you get? None, or is hunting dogs worth it? Also, should you upgrade the vil limit from the mosque? I find that I end with around 30v in a revolt, not sure if that's worth getting the upgrade or not. Also what's the best way to buy time for the revolt? Sometimes I try aging to 3 with 4 huss and using that to raid.

Well if you are following the classic version of the build :
-usually don't build a market
-Just get vils limit up if you see you will have more settler with it (you have the church anyway and that's just 100g, so research it whenever you need).
-Once the fort is up, you don't fear much honnestly. The classical version is played with fast age up so you don't have 4 huss. If you do the "fake tower ff" version, then you raid with the 4 huss yes.
Image
User avatar
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 465
ESO: [YumiW]-GiBthedurrty

16 Aug 2019, 22:03

thanks
User avatar
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Dragoon
Posts: 316
ESO: Danielek
Location: UK

16 Aug 2019, 22:18

Can this guide get me to pr 35 +?
User avatar
European Union scarm
Dragoon
Posts: 225
ESO: Malebranche

17 Aug 2019, 19:40

Just realized you don't have Cav Combat in your Deck and have the Fort instead. What is the reasoning for that? Cav Combat seems so good.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9769
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

17 Aug 2019, 19:44

You don't really make cav as otto (20 range abus are better than cav at countering skirms and artillery lol) and you need the fort to revolt.
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4011
ESO: edeholland
Location: the cloud
GameRanger ID: 4053888

17 Aug 2019, 19:52

Embracing the meme by making a quality guide. Thanks bwinner. Time to start using quick search again.
Image
India Shikari
Dragoon
Posts: 283
ESO: rahuru

18 Aug 2019, 07:05

I haven't read anything yet but all this apply to re as well right.
User avatar
France Lecastete
Dragoon
Donator 02
Posts: 367
ESO: Lecastete
Location: France

18 Aug 2019, 12:38

Really efficient guide, I can tower FF like a pro now
Image

Why bow pike when can pike pike - Aiz

Image

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests