Germany Nicius
Crossbow
ESO: NiciusGER

China vs Japan

Post by Nicius »

I played recently vs Japan as China.
My questions are the following;
- does the matchup favors Japan?
- How can i beat Japan when they do the standard play?
- do i need a specific deck for this MU or is the standard deck good enough?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: China vs Japan

Post by tedere12 »

I'd say is slightly china favored. Japan usually camps in base so you need to build a fb and clear the map from all shrines, usually you outmass and win, in case they go to age4 you have to age up yourself and use flying crows.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think standard play should be the way to go. Maybe even greedier with a no 700c FF.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I'm not even sure if China has to siege shrines rather than just going for an early fortress big dick right click.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kawapasaka wrote:I'm not even sure if China has to siege shrines rather than just going for an early fortress big dick right click.
if japan walls and goes for yumi it's impossible to engage
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Fair MU.
FF and kill the shrines, you should outmass eventually.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

You'll probably need the hand mortar shipment if you spot early walls, otherwise china has a *decent* esrly fortress advantage. Forbidden army is very very good vs yumi
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Doesn't seem so easy as Japan from my experience, at least if Japan turtles.

As China: can prolly just FF, scout what he does, if its yumis, mass cav will own, VS Nagi you might eventually need Manchu. VS Ashi that arq card can be handy.

Early fortress you should have a much bigger mass anyway. If he keeps camping, you can siege with handmortars. But don't overcommit, just hold map control, destroy him if he leaves his base and siege shrines all over with a couple Changdaos or cav.

I think for China, the hardest Jap strat would probably mass yumi to hold the initial push, then switch into ashi/Nagi with upgrades, go age4 and meanwhile ashi or Nagi raid around (although China cav might counter that). Japan might also slow push with yumis, but that seems just too risky VS China cav.

China could also go FI, but I feel that gives Japan too much time.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Fair MU probably, but you need to actually do something specific as Japan. Standard eco play is beaten by standard China FF play.
Image Image Image
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Fair MU.
FF and kill the shrines, you should outmass eventually.
And what to do as japs side in this mu?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

good question
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The same thing as China. Get to fortress ASAP and and shipments
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Extremely china favored. Semi as china with 9 pike 8 bow 700g/7 steppe ff, or stay colonial longer with 300e for Russian cossacks. In age 3 just mass cav with intervention musks and 10 arqs to DPS ashi/club. There's not a lot Japan can do, especially after double faced armor is in. Ideally, china waits to take the big fight until this upgrade is sent.

Here's that build against standard Japan winning vs. suboptimal age 2 Raph, when china still had cover mode monk:
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

What does Japan best do here? If you turtle, you can probably only stay behind your walls, make more walls, tech, slowly expand over the map, possibly with fully upgraded ashi Nagi once you reach that point.

Maybe Japan could also just club rush China, potentially with Nagis, although that might die to the straight FF with 8 ckn.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

deleted_user wrote:Extremely china favored. Semi as china with 9 pike 8 bow 700g/7 steppe ff, or stay colonial longer with 300e for Russian cossacks. In age 3 just mass cav with intervention musks and 10 arqs to DPS ashi/club. There's not a lot Japan can do, especially after double faced armor is in. Ideally, china waits to take the big fight until this upgrade is sent.

Here's that build against standard Japan winning vs. suboptimal age 2 Raph, when china still had cover mode monk:
Ego post tbh

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

I would say Japan favoured in that mu but China is a strong civ u have to deal with good mass in age3
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Riotcoke wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Extremely china favored. Semi as china with 9 pike 8 bow 700g/7 steppe ff, or stay colonial longer with 300e for Russian cossacks. In age 3 just mass cav with intervention musks and 10 arqs to DPS ashi/club. There's not a lot Japan can do, especially after double faced armor is in. Ideally, china waits to take the big fight until this upgrade is sent.

Ego post tbh
CMC > SKG
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

If raph reacted properly to the offensive village he wouldve crushed this :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

If raph reacted properly to the offensive village he wouldve crushed this :P
Losing a village to be up an age isn't really an issue though. And china can get good trades early on.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

You don't only lose a village, you also sent 2 unit shipments for basically nothing while he wouldve needed to only send one (5 yumis) with nagis and can idle you after.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lukas_L99 wrote:You don't only lose a village, you also sent 2 unit shipments for basically nothing while he wouldve needed to only send one (5 yumis) with nagis and can idle you after.
I don't see how 5 yumi 5 nagi beats 8 bow 9 pike and explorer and disciples, and optional (i.e. good) 7 steppe. Then summer palace comes.

Jap is super slow, and if he isn't super slow, you're age 3 anyways.

Jap shipping units hurts their follow up a lot, but it doesn't really hurt China's on a tp map.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

You tell that noob, callen!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeeee let's play this MU @Lukas_L99 im china
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

deleted_user wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:You don't only lose a village, you also sent 2 unit shipments for basically nothing while he wouldve needed to only send one (5 yumis) with nagis and can idle you after.
I don't see how 5 yumi 5 nagi beats 8 bow 9 pike and explorer and disciples, and optional (i.e. good) 7 steppe. Then summer palace comes.

Jap is super slow, and if he isn't super slow, you're age 3 anyways.

Jap shipping units hurts their follow up a lot, but it doesn't really hurt China's on a tp map.
Don't forget the 2 explorers with 7 besteiros which come in pretty soon AND more nagis, pretty sure 8 ckn/9 pike can work vs standard play with ashi start or something, but not really if japs reacts properly.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Maybe vs your china 8-)