China: Brit Consulate or Germany Consulate?

Vietnam Davy_Jones_123
Crossbow
ESO: TranHungDao221

China: Brit Consulate or Germany Consulate?

Post by Davy_Jones_123 »

I usually see people and good players choose Brit in the Consulate as China. I know +10% HP is good but isn't -30% banner army cost great as well? Plus you have the trickles. For example if you in age 3 and put the Porcelain Tower on wood (4 woods/s) and the wood trickle (1.25 woods/s), you have free 5.25 wood/s which equals 10 vils on wood. :blush: :blush:
So my question is why not many people use Germany consulate? I guess Intervention card won't be as strong but is there anything else? :hmm: :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: China: Brit Consulate or Germany Consulate?

Post by deleted_user »

Good point.

Can't wait to see you climb the ladders with china!
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

In a normal sup game as China about 1% of your army is actually trained from a War Academy.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

It’s not -30%. It was -30 resources which was on average equal to about 6% discount on banner armies which sucks. In EP7 it’s going to be -15% therefore i expect to see more variety in the consulate choices, especially because of the different start china is going to get.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

So many reasons.

Brit consulate bonus applies to ALL your units, including shipments, units from wonders etc. In a normal game, it would probably take like at least 20mins until the banner Army cost reduction even breaks even with that in terms of res.

Also, you would have 6 plus 9 redcoats less, in exchange for what: more cav, when China cav is already top?!

Finally, China has enough eco to fuel 1 war academy and TC anyway, even without cost reduction. With the cost reduction, it could barely afford 2 war academies for a while anyway, meaning that you'd probably just have useless additional res.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

German consulate is dopps not uhlans
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

gamevideo113 wrote:It’s not -30%. It was -30 resources which was on average equal to about 6% discount on banner armies which sucks. In EP7 it’s going to be -15% therefore i expect to see more variety in the consulate choices, especially because of the different start china is going to get.
It was -45 resources. It would grant you 15 of the resource that the banner army did not cost. e.g. If I trained Territorial or Forbidden Army it would add 15 wood to my stockpile in addition to reducing the food and gold cost of the banner armies.

It's not as bad as it seems. An eco FF with German consulate into 1000w 1000c and training units from 2 War Academies can get quite a lot of value out of it as those crates will essentially be worth 1100-1200 resources once you've spent all of the resources on units, in addition to getting additional resources from the trickles and other resources you gather. You still want to be on British consulate before you get into any major fights, but if you know for some reason that you won't be fighting it's definitely not bad. It's also quite nice if you can FI with it as with all 3 trickles in you can definitely feel the eco difference.

The majority of the time British consulate is definitely better, though; it's simply much safer and 10% hp is great value as long as you're fighting.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe has spoken

(Also quadruple carded instant german consulate heavy cannon are such a great ffa cheese)
Vietnam Davy_Jones_123
Crossbow
ESO: TranHungDao221

Post by Davy_Jones_123 »

Thanks a lot guys!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

an additional note - dops will get sniped in all those times when opponent pressures you during ageup and does not allow to mass up. in these cases musks will be a much better unit. while trickles are good, spies and petards are also nice since they let you do some adapting to what your opponent is doing. what i dont like about trickles is that wood is age 3 and coin is age 4...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.