Blitzkrieg.

No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Blitzkrieg.

Post by DracoWolfgand »

I have two questions about this strategy. First: Is it true that the Germans are the best at using blitzkrieg as a strategy?

And secound: If not, what were the developers thinking?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Blitzkrieg.

Post by duckzilla »

There is a German proverb saying: "A proper Blitzkrieg is still only half of a pike-boom."
I recommend to stick with the latter.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Works well against France, although it fails miserably vs Russia
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Googol wrote:Works well against France*, although it fails miserably vs Russia
*only if you attack Dutch first
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I strongly recommend not violating the neutrality of another country just for the sake of a surprise attack on the enemy. It will come to bite you in the arse later on. Also, don't fight on several fronts simultaneously
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

duckzilla wrote:
Googol wrote:Works well against France*, although it fails miserably vs Russia
*only if you attack Dutch first
How can I downwillem this post?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

wait, is this an actual aoe3 strat?
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

kami_ryu wrote:wait, is this an actual aoe3 strat?
Kind of, actually! I found out about it while randonly stumbling around the wiki.

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/St ... Blitzkrieg

It basically consists of three steps:

Step one: Start off plaiyng defensive, try to gather a lot of resources. In particular, try to have a surplus on wood and-Whatever other resource is used to make buildings( On this game, gold. )

Step two: Build a decently large army, and have it charge at your opponent base.

Step three: While your army is STILL charging at your opponent base, have some villagers follow then right behind, an d have then build some military buildings to allow your army to be continuously replenished.

Basically, the point of the strategy is to take over as much land as possible, as fast as possible: In the moment the army on the front scared off the enemy troops, you immediatly claim it for yourself. I have no idea whether this is viable on the competitive arena or not, but it just seemed really fun.
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

DracoWolfgand wrote:
Kind of, actually! I found out about it while randonly stumbling around the wiki.

Step one: Start off plaiyng defensive, try to gather a lot of resources. In particular, try to have a surplus on wood and-Whatever other resource is used to make buildings( On this game, gold. )

Step two: Build a decently large army, and have it charge at your opponent base.

Step three: While your army is STILL charging at your opponent base, have some villagers follow then right behind, and have then build some military buildings to allow your army to be continuously replenished.

Basically, the point of the strategy is to take over as much land as possible, as fast as possible: In the moment the army on the front scared off the enemy troops, you immediatly claim it for yourself. I have no idea whether this is viable on the competitive arena or not, but it just seemed really fun.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

So basically treaty?
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

scarm wrote:So basically treaty?
I do not play enough treaty games to know whether or not this is how it is done there :/
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

DracoWolfgand wrote:

Step three: While your army is STILL charging at your opponent base, have some villagers follow then right behind, an d have then build some military buildings to allow your army to be continuously replenished.

Looks like it's an aoe2 strat. I don't even play aoe2 and I can tell you that strat is garbage.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I mean a German standard FF is basically a blitzkrieg
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Well i know a guy who does 50 british villagers age1 bo, seems a blitzkrieg to me cause i can be scared by 300 vill HP gangs around the map with towers and walls and when he reach age 2 by min 10, he has alot wood and food in bank to spend for lb and pikes quickly by sending fencing school shipment. :hehe:
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016