British Deck

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

British Deck

Post by thebritish »

Hello everybody.
I mostly play with British without expansions or only TAD expansion.
I am level 105, so i have probably all cards that should be in a deck.
You can write a post, or showme image from an actual deck and for what it would be good?
I am mostly playing 2vs2 rush, 2vs2, 1vs1 rush, 3vs3. :D

Cheers! :thumbsup:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

1v1 land deck' I dislike musk hp somehow, in colo and fort cav hp is more useful and musk become worse due to skirmishers:

[img]http://s4.postimg.org/3lg6vhrrh/brit_land_deck.png[/img]

And 1v1 water deck:

[img]http://s8.postimg.org/4hdfemkhx/brit_water_deck.png[/img]
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

British Deck

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

venox wrote:1v1 land deck' I dislike musk hp somehow, in colo and fort cav hp is more useful and musk become worse due to skirmishers:

And 1v1 water deck:

Nice decks even if I would put musk HP instead of the food upgrade.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

against almost no opponent will you be able to do musk huss and stay colo all game, against aztecs or russia the cav dmg is sometimes better than the musk hp since those civs have nice counter to muskets. Also in musk huss battles one will want to kill the hussar first, else they do big damage and slow down, there cav hp comes into play and all the while the musk do the main dmg (thus the dmg up) even though in reality it's not 15% but like 13% (26 dmg / 23 dmg = 13% increase). Also The british are a food heavy civ and not having eco theory was why I put 15% food in there, just for the longer games. I feel like against most enemies you can start musk but then go for longbows behind walls while raiding, musk for anti cav and I like the dmg alot: it kills enemy units faster and thus decreasing their damage output, so in a way it helps your muskets stay alive aswell.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

British Deck

Post by thebritish »

is there a deck 20/20 for 2vs2 rush?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

British Deck

Post by thebritish »

and isnt the card in age I a little overrated?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

20% on wood is nice for lb pike.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

British Deck

Post by Marco1698 »

thebritish wrote:is there a deck 20/20 for 2vs2 rush?

yes
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

British Deck

Post by momuuu »

Maybe it's worth considering cm over exotic hardwood? Maybe that wins you a larger percentage of games.

Also, I'd definitely take out the farm card for another musk/cav upgrade card. I think the musk upgrades are a must in any colonial war personally, if you can send both musk upgrades, you're just going to win hard against the other guy's musk army. I think the hp and attack upgrades are similair here, hp means they survive an extra hit while attack means they take 1 hit less to kill a musk.

Also, is royal mint any good? You need so many vills on coin for that to be decent (with 30 vills its still meh).
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

British Deck

Post by cedarfarms »

deleted_user wrote:http://imgur.com/X4ukQnR

There''s mine. IMO sustainable agriculture is useless and you need both musk upgrades. period. 4 vills is optional and I don''t have it because 700w, 600w, and 5v are all better eco cards and after that you want to start sending military ups. I really like having 700f in there. I know a lot of people harp on that being a bad shipment, but it''s a life saver sometimes b/c brits run out of hunts so quickly and 700f can give you that extra boost to push out of your base. You might even be able to get away without 6 musk or 6 lbow and add cav attack. There are some games where I wish I had it, and others where I was glad to have the military ships. I''m very happy with this deck the way it is.

Age III, I have 1000 wood for a second TC/more manors/artillary foundry or something idk. 8 musk isn''t a good card at all, so I have 1000f instead. You could switch that for coin if you want but I choose food simply because at this point in the game, you''re going to need A LOT of vills on hunts to balance 1000c ship, and you might not be in a position to do that because your hunts might be running pretty low. I also don''t like royal mint. It''s a card for 25% mining? Just research the second coin upgrade at the market for 20% and ship something more useful. If it''s for plantations, gg you lost or you shouldve been able to win before that.

Sorry for the long post but I''m in that stage where I think I know more than I do.
+1 to Sircallen, i agree with everything here except i personally prefer to always have 6 bows and muskets age two just in case because i think in more games than not you will be atleast considering shipping them, if you fall behind 3 muskets early for whatever reason in a british mirror or something, sneaking in 6 musket to give you the upper hand can be big. Ofc inturn it may hurt because he shipped hp/attack sooner but if you made a mistake and missed a batch or something you need to cut a corner to get back in the game. I agree 100000 percent with 700 food, brits run out of food period. So 700f for me is mandatory. Both muskets ups are mandatory. I personally prefer 1000 coin to 1000 food but both are very viable I think.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

British Deck

Post by DerMaxinator »

venox wrote:1v1 land deck' I dislike musk hp somehow, in colo and fort cav hp is more useful and musk become worse due to skirmishers:

And 1v1 water deck:

On the land deck, why do you go for the mill upgrade and not Spice Trade?
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

British Deck

Post by Mimsy for President »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/J59MwKM.jpg?1" style="max-width:100%'" alt=""]

age 1 : double wood upgrade (spadel's style ->' lb/pike/huss in late colonial)
age 3 : 1k coin (nagayumi's style I guess ->' musk semi ff + falc spam)
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

Agreed to muskets in colonial being nice, but they get countered and just having 3 ups on them doesn't make them suddenly win against skirmishers in fortress. Cav damage might be good for dragoons later on. I like the 15% mills upgrade just because as you guys said, the British run out of food rather fast and when they do it's nice to have 2 additional upgrades for mills and not just the 2 ups in game.

Maybe I should make 2 landdecks: one with both musk ups for colo and one with both cav ups vs certain civs and for fortress goons and hussar.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

British Deck

venox wrote:Agreed to muskets in colonial being nice, but they get countered and just having 3 ups on them doesn''t make them suddenly win against skirmishers in fortress. Cav damage might be good for dragoons later on. I like the 15% mills upgrade just because as you guys said, the British run out of food rather fast and when they do it''s nice to have 2 additional upgrades for mills and not just the 2 ups in game.

Maybe I should make 2 landdecks: one with both musk ups for colo and one with both cav ups vs certain civs and for fortress goons and hussar.
You never need both cav upgrade, 1 is fine.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

Cav hp for your hussars to tank damage (more hp per cost and ranged resist compared to muskets) and cav damage to boost the damage of huss and of goons (brit is only civ with more than 1 dmg/hp up for goons) since lb huss goon main combo in fort I guess.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

British Deck

Post by Marco1698 »

I don't have 4v on the deck because I think it's not so important
Jaeger

British Deck

I agree vs Russia it's fine. The British full-upgraded goons are as good as the Portuguese full-upgraded goons although they have royal upgrade (if you omit Genitours ofc).
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

Goons have 26 dmg, with the cav combat card or the cav dmg in colo they have +3 dmg (13.6% increase) but with both they have + 7 (31.8% increase) Why over 30%? because the fortress upgrade is 20% to 22 dmg which technically is at 26.4 dmg but since it's rounded the 0.4 are wasted. The cav combat and the cav dmg allows to get the number exactly to 33 dmg, meaning the 0.4 damage isn't wasted but utilised.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

shaolinstar wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/J59MwKM.jpg?1[/img]

age 1 : double wood upgrade (spadel''s style ->' lb/pike/huss in late colonial)
age 3 : 1k coin (nagayumi''s style I guess ->' musk semi ff + falc spam)

Woodn''t 1k wood and gathering coin with amalgamation be better for falc spam?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

British Deck

venox wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/J59MwKM.jpg?1[/img]

age 1 : double wood upgrade (spadels style ->' lb/pike/huss in late colonial)
age 3 : 1k coin (nagayumis style I guess ->' musk semi ff + falc spam)

Woodnt 1k wood and gathering coin with amalgamation be better for falc spam?
1k wood is more a long term shipment while 1k coin allows a fast falc spam.
Jaeger

British Deck

diarouga wrote:
venox wrote:Woodnt 1k wood and gathering coin with amalgamation be better for falc spam?
1k wood is more a long term shipment while 1k coin allows a fast falc spam.
Thats pretty much it. I also age up with 400w+caravel so I only chop 400w for the first 5 falcs.

800w = foundry + 5 falcs.
Aging with the 7 lbs is pointless imo because you are about to produce falcs.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

British Deck

Post by _venox_ »

1k wood allows you to get the 300 wood for the artillery foundry and 500 wood for 5 falconets having 200 more wood for amalgamation if you haven't researched that already. 1k coin is only better when you already have amalgamation and the artillery foundry and you don't want to change your macro, so 1k coin for 3 falcs.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

British Deck

Post by momuuu »

Why would you risk a falc spam if you have longbow goon?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

British Deck

Post by britishmusketeer »

venox wrote:against almost no opponent will you be able to do musk huss and stay colo all game, against aztecs or russia the cav dmg is sometimes better than the musk hp since those civs have nice counter to muskets. Also in musk huss battles one will want to kill the hussar first, else they do big damage and slow down, there cav hp comes into play and all the while the musk do the main dmg (thus the dmg up) even though in reality it''s not 15% but like 13% (26 dmg / 23 dmg = 13% increase). Also The british are a food heavy civ and not having eco theory was why I put 15% food in there, just for the longer games. I feel like against most enemies you can start musk but then go for longbows behind walls while raiding, musk for anti cav and I like the dmg alot: it kills enemy units faster and thus decreasing their damage output, so in a way it helps your muskets stay alive aswell.
An upgrade always gives you the boost it says. So in reality musks with the card do 26.45 damage it just rounds on the UI to 26 damage.