Russia on Deccan?

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Russia on Deccan?

Post by fei123456 »

Russia can age up with 8 vills, reaching age 2 at 2:40. And 5 cossacks raid in enemy base before 4:00, kill 1-2 vills, deny his rax/stable, idle his vills for quite a few time: but then what should I do?

With only 8 vills russia can hardly do anything: you have no resource left except for vills training. I have 5 cossacks at 3:00, and I have less than 5 cossacks at 6:00 only (some died to TC fire): and the game is over.

TPboom is not that good cause your enemy will always build a TP early. I have to kill his TP before upgrading stagecoach, but it's impossible to train a single unit with 8 vills only.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Re: Russia on Deccan?

Post by Astaroth »

Is it really worth it to age that early?

If a good player sees your early up, he should be just fine: just gather berries for now, stay close to TC, maybe call MM, upgrade vills (most civs go market start on Deccan). Then he won't lose vills and you will have killed your own eco more than his.

Just remember that for non Asian civs, earlier age up just means less vills gathering while advancing to age2. And Russia can't even make up for that by sending a strong early age2 vill shipment.

But Idk, I don't play Russia. Maybe you can go 11 vills, but 8 seems too few.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

But I do have 800 food already after 8 vills. Isnt' it looks odd not to age up when you have 800 foods?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

No? As I said: less vills before aging means less gathering resources during age up when you can't train villagers.

Aging up really early only makes sense if you can cause more damage to your opponent than to your own eco (with Russian 8 vills I don't think you can) or if you get your 5v/4 cdb/3 SW early. But Russia doesn't have an Age2 vill shipment.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

I like to age with 11 on Deccan. As you already highlighted, aging with 8 is underwhelming. If you dont want to float food while waiting to age, stop gathering food and move to wood. Build market and get hunting dogs.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

I play a lot of russia and on deccan they are a beautiful thing because I have the opportunity to make a suvorov or a decent calmuk ff, but if you want to play rush you have 2 options based on the civ you have against, all in (I call it that ), allows you to have a lot of troops in a hurry but your echo is not great, standard 5coss 700w game that you have both a good attack and a good echo that grows progressively. I would recommend going with 14 vills and taking hunting dogs and buying all the wood, going through 14 vills allow you to make a bh very soon where you can send 2 or 3 vills soon as the if you have 100 of wood you have to cut another 150w but if you have 250w precise send 2 vills even before passing of age and when you will be in 2 age your bh is already built
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

usually also based on what civ I have against me I do the calmuk who I think is a nice strat to do and is strong enough but it depends on the civ you have against and other factors
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

I rarely play on Deccan but both 11 and 14 ageup worked for me. I never tried 8, but it seems too much.
You can just do normal Russia stuff, take map, tps I guess, for me Deccan is just a map where I do funky strats, like Blastkiller said.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

Well with 8 vill up on deccan u can still 5 coss 4 coss 13 streelet shipment and take ress for do 10 musk on deccan
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Mosx wrote:Well with 8 vill up on deccan u can still 5 coss 4 coss 13 streelet shipment and take ress for do 10 musk on deccan
and then die badly because if you fail the rush you have an echo that you don't do anything
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can 8v up while having market and tp, just ship 5 coss in bh, focus on training vils (no units at first), get as much value as possible from idling/killing vils with cossacks, once you made like 2 batches of vils you should have the eco to start training units, and then do normal russia stuff (either contain or pressure more).
There's no reason why you'd have less eco when aging 8 vils, provided that you don't idle your tc much in age 1. You just get less resources in transition to age 2 cause only 8 vils, but you also get earlier cossacks which means more damage can be done, so it's a tradeoff.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

it depends a lot on the civil you have against
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

like a Dutch person understands him and puts 8 pike = you wasted everything
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can 8v up while having market and tp, just ship 5 coss in bh, focus on training vils (no units at first), get as much value as possible from idling/killing vils with cossacks, once you made like 2 batches of vils you should have the eco to start training units, and then do normal russia stuff (either contain or pressure more).
There's no reason why you'd have less eco when aging 8 vils, provided that you don't idle your tc much in age 1. You just get less resources in transition to age 2 cause only 8 vils, but you also get earlier cossacks which means more damage can be done, so it's a tradeoff.
You right, if you can have early age 2 shipments ready you can make decent rush by aging with 8 vills and without idle time, the problem of aging soon is not the few resources you gather in transition but it is if you will have shipments or not to help you with that bad eco so for that you can make TP.
I dont remember well but i think i did a rush in team Deccan game once aging with only 5 vills and tp, probably was worse than i thought back there cause i was like pr 15
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Blastkiller wrote:like a Dutch person understands him and puts 8 pike = you wasted everything
If you force an 8 pike shipment instead of a bank wagon or a 700w shipment that’s a win for you.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

If you make a tp asap you can get wood trickle and eco theory all in age 1 with 14 vills. This is a team strat though and if you're in the middle for a 3x3 then forget about this.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

The most amount of vills you should age with on deccan should be 11
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dont ship eco theory
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

gibson wrote:dont ship eco theory
Ship land grab to shift eco to mills asap
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Ship Tsar cannons ...gg
:nwc: