MM'ing blockhouses

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

MM'ing blockhouses

Post by Kawapasaka »

Anyone else do this when the opportunity presents itself? I've tried it as China a few times mainly because I hate the MU, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if it only kills 1 vill and forces/delays the BH back a bit.
What do you consider the break-even point be; when would you do it?
Or do you think its gay and lame and MM should have a negative multiplier or something?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: MM'ing blockhouses

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Not worth with TAD civs, lame with nilla civs.

I do believe mm should have a negative multiplier against vills but it's not going to happen.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't think it's very good as Asian civs like China, simply because their minutemen are less effective at killing villagers.

I think it can be ok if you scout it early enough, if it's close enough to your base, and if they send less than 3 or 4 villagers to their blockhouse/warhut. It's still a risk, because if you don't actually kill the villagers, they can retreat and come back to build the blockhouse when your minutemen have been picked off by the explorer, or rebuild the blockhouse just slightly further away.

I don't really think there needs to be a negative multiplier, and if there is it should be small. Like small enough that 6 MM don't 1 shot a vill, but get pretty close.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Basically calling mm is cheese and lame. Cheese, because in theory your opponent should have his explorer between his bh and your base, so that he can see the mm coming and pull his vils back, which means at best you trades your mm for like 150w and denying his fb, and that's not a good trade imo since it slows down your build too and you won't have mm anymore. And lame, because if it does work it's kinda gg and it just ruins the match up, as russia (or some other civs) sort of need their fb to win in most match ups.

It's just a very boring move imo. Though I know getting rushed every game by russia is boring too lol. Anyway I'd like mm to have a multiplier vs vils too, probably just x0.5 like asian mm.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I think it's just part of the game and arguably intended. Just like sieging stuff with vills (well more in other AOE games).
Do tad mm snare?
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I think so yes garja

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

ya ofc you should do it if it increases your chances of winning, and as kaiser said your opponent should have his explorer in position for the mm. If he loses vills to the mm then its his fault for not paying attention.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:ya ofc you should do it if it increases your chances of winning, and as kaiser said your opponent should have his explorer in position for the mm. If he loses vills to the mm then its his fault for not paying attention.
It is a strat thought up by yourself of course!

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

oh please lets not touch mm, this way we gonna change every unit we speak about
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

ya it is good if the russian player isn't prepared with explorer position. it also feels very good to MM him when he is basically blockhousing your second hunt on RE.

nilla mm should stay as they are.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Remove mm from the game
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

This is one of those moves similar to deleting your agra fort before your aztecs opponent destroys it. It's borderline bug abuse and definitely not an intended feature of the game, but it's there so you can use it.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:This is one of those moves similar to deleting your agra fort before your aztecs opponent destroys it. It's borderline bug abuse and definitely not an intended feature of the game, but it's there so you can use it.
I don't really agree here, destroying your agra cost you nothing while calling mm cost you 300 ress. If you fuck up your mm call, it's pretty much gg. If you succeed, it's also pretty much gg
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

it's nowhere close to that. Using mm for this purpose is probably even intended. Honestly there is no rule, mm could even be used to take extra treasures...
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I've def heard of people using minute men to take really big treasures in non aggro matchups.if you take 300+ res in treasures then its definitely a worthwhile thing on paper (stacks will with mountain warrior from japan where you can get 1000s of res in treasures on some maps)
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

now here is a thought experiment: would it be worth it to go mm in discovery if you see a 320xp closeby
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

It's worth it for the tilt alone, people think they are entitled to fb on your 3rd hunt freely but god forbid you do something to counter it.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Leave mm as they are, if anything buff them to not lose hp overtime
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

MM stands for "multimode" in the world of fiber
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hawk_Girl wrote:It's worth it for the tilt alone, people think they are entitled to fb on your 3rd hunt freely but god forbid you do something to counter it.
To counter it, you can also actually play well, without ruining the game
princeofcarthage wrote:Leave mm as they are, if anything buff them to not lose hp overtime
Buffing mm? Stop drugs please.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofcarthage wrote:Leave mm as they are, if anything buff them to not lose hp overtime
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

harcha wrote:now here is a thought experiment: would it be worth it to go mm in discovery if you see a 320xp closeby
Nope.
320 exp is prob worth less than 150 resources.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

What? 320 xp is easily more than half a shipment early on, that's not 150 res
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

By the time you have 150f 150c to spare while continuing your vil production, you're probably pretty close to your first shipment anyway. By the time you actually collected the treasure, chances are you have it coming in already.
In most builds there is no second age 1 shipment worth sending, so the extra XP will only ensure you get your 3rd shipment right after your 2nd, and the 4th fairly soon after that. At best you might save 20 seconds on the first shipment, so that's another 60 VS or ~40f for most civs.

You can get the same outcome with a TP start. Sure, the TP only works on a wood start for most civs, but the MM opening likewise seems to be doable only on a coin start. Delaying age 2 by gathering 150f 50c extra (assuming coin start) doesn't seem worth it in exchange for 40f from an earlier first shipment and a speedier 3rd shipment down the line, when your opponent can save the resources and age 15 seconds faster.