Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Jaeger »

What would you age up with vs civs like india or brit? If you age with 4 huss, it lets you scout easier if they are aging. If you age with 8 pike, you can pressure much earlier because you dont have to wait for 12 pike.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by DerMaxinator »

I would take 8 Pike because then you can protect your 2 falcs better, if you ship them first.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
No Flag astriobulik
Crossbow

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by astriobulik »

ur threads are so stupid and senseless,ofc 8 pikes to protect 2 falcs,huss usually useless since ure pushing to destroy some enemy houses or so,you need protection,you can send 5 huss after if u love them so much
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I would always age with 4 huss tbh. Vs the brit 8pikes won't be enough to protect the falcs and vs india you need 4huss to hold the rush/timing.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by _venox_ »

imo it's better to age 4 huss and send 12 pike then 2 falcs since then spain has a strong timing, if you age with 8 pikes however also send the 8 from colonial and then push with 2 falcs immediately.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Jaeger »

astriobulik wrote:ur threads are so stupid and senseless,ofc 8 pikes to protect 2 falcs,huss usually useless since ure pushing to destroy some enemy houses or so,you need protection,you can send 5 huss after if u love them so much
Lol your posts are obviously stupid because the majority of people age with 4 huss usually
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Jaeger »

venox wrote:imo it''s better to age 4 huss and send 12 pike then 2 falcs since then spain has a strong timing, if you age with 8 pikes however also send the 8 from colonial and then push with 2 falcs immediately.
If they go musk huss and you dont ship falcs first you will get raped
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

ovi12 wrote:
venox wrote:imo its better to age 4 huss and send 12 pike then 2 falcs since then spain has a strong timing, if you age with 8 pikes however also send the 8 from colonial and then push with 2 falcs immediately.
If they go musk huss and you dont ship falcs first you will get raped
No you wont. 5dogs+4huss+mm+12pikes+5skirms will hold.
Actually if they go musk/huss it is better to age with 4huss
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by fei123456 »

i prefer 8 pikes they not only protect your cannon but also the skirmishers. hussars are good but they dont work together well with your other units.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by _venox_ »

Also against most people in my level you can go for a tp boom semi or some shit like that' just assuming enemy is doing what is best (musk semi or some other non aggressive stuff) and then losing to xbow pike as spain because you went 5 vills is sadder than trying out huss semi or musk semi. Also with tp economy + 5 +4 vills in colo I guess you are kinda better off anyways, atleast against france.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by fei123456 »

venox wrote:Also against most people in my level you can go for a tp boom semi or some shit like that' just assuming enemy is doing what is best (musk semi or some other non aggressive stuff) and then losing to xbow pike as spain because you went 5 vills is sadder than trying out huss semi or musk semi. Also with tp economy + 5 +4 vills in colo I guess you are kinda better off anyways, atleast against france.

ff and send 1000w for 2nd tc may be better. spain dont have exalted prince (fast age up), and their sff reach age 3 at least 90 secs later than french. it''s hard to deal with skirm dragoon when you''re still aging up.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

venox wrote:Also against most people in my level you can go for a tp boom semi or some shit like that' just assuming enemy is doing what is best (musk semi or some other non aggressive stuff) and then losing to xbow pike as spain because you went 5 vills is sadder than trying out huss semi or musk semi. Also with tp economy + 5 +4 vills in colo I guess you are kinda better off anyways, atleast against france.
Even with 5vills you shouldn''t loose to a xbow/pike...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by _venox_ »

It will be 50 seconds later, which is barely enough time for france to muster up a shipment and a decend skirmisher count and still there will be much walking time. If france builds a frontbase you will just stay colo 1 minute longer to kill that off' in the end the player who does a semi with slightly more economy has the lead, in spain vs frances case it will then be about even. Also sending 1000wood for a second tc that early is kinda too greedy.

Normally you write verbs in the third person singular with an s' do and don't however become does and doesn't.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

venox wrote:It will be 50 seconds later, which is barely enough time for france to muster up a shipment and a decend skirmisher count and still there will be much walking time. If france builds a frontbase you will just stay colo 1 minute longer to kill that off' in the end the player who does a semi with slightly more economy has the lead, in spain vs frances case it will then be about even. Also sending 1000wood for a second tc that early is kinda too greedy.

Normally you write verbs in the third person singular with an s' do and don''t however become does and doesn''t.
1k for TC is too much but tbh 12pikes/2falcs vs France is fine, you''ll have more skirms too to kill his goons.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by _venox_ »

I argued with couprider about spain tp boom semi being a bad build and losing hard to france fortress.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:If they go musk huss and you dont ship falcs first you will get raped
No you wont. 5dogs+4huss+mm+12pikes+5skirms will hold.
Even if you put rax and tower forward?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:No you wont. 5dogs+4huss+mm+12pikes+5skirms will hold.
Even if you put rax and tower forward?
Why would you put tower and rax forward? I always put my tower in def vs France
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Garja »

4 huss whenever u're rushed or for some reason you're not making skirms only (aka making musks while aging). 8 pikes in all other cases
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by zoom »

astriobulik wrote:ur threads are so stupid and senseless,ofc 8 pikes to protect 2 falcs,huss usually useless since ure pushing to destroy some enemy houses or so,you need protection,you can send 5 huss after if u love them so much
Actually I''m convinced anyone who isn''t klooless would say 4 Hussars is the default option, and 8 Pikemen being quite situational, and generally just worse.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by _venox_ »

8 pikes is a colo shipment, 4 huss is a fort shipment, even if it's a bad one. Would you rather age 8 pikes and send 5 huss or age 4 huss and send 12 pikes? 1 huss less for 4 pikes more.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Even if you put rax and tower forward?
Why would you put tower and rax forward? I always put my tower in def vs France
If france also does fortress you need to push soon and win early?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by Marco1698 »

I usually go 4 huss. 8pikes on a mirror
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Why would you put tower and rax forward? I always put my tower in def vs France
If france also does fortress you need to push soon and win early?
Hum, not really.
No Flag celtic
Crossbow

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by celtic »

4 huss is much more useful vs a rush and can be a game winner if someone over commits and is close to your tc when u age and you can trap him with huss +mm+ dogs and possibly 8 pikes or 6 rods from shipment.

If your opting for an agressive FF you should normally have the option to send the age 2 8 pike shipment after 700c 700w and it should arrive before you age up and you should still have another shipment just in time for your age up. So sometimes 4 huss is nice to add an extra unit type to your heavy infantry+2 falc ship. 16 pikes is also nice to have though if your worried about defending the falcs or want to siege quicker.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Spain 4 huss vs 8 pike?

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:
Actually Im convinced anyone who isnt klooless would say 4 Hussars is the default option, and 8 Pikemen being quite situational, and generally just worse.
Allow me to rephrase this more accurately:

Over the past eight years, any good players I have ever watched playing Spanish age up with The Scout (4 Hussars) at least 80% of the time. According to this observed behaviour, 8 Pikemen is quite situational and generally worse. This also correlates to my own opinion based on logic (as opposed to experience).