Select/Show Units hotkey question

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Select/Show Units hotkey question

Post by Scroogie »

In a post from SirCallen on my "Coaching"-thread I saw him talking about making it so that only double-tapping the hotkey would show selected. I would like to know how this works.

For example, F is for showing explorer. When i pressed F, my screen jumped to the explorer and selected him. Then i found out that in the game-settings, you can change to "dont show when selecting unit" or sth along the lines of that, and with that option toggled now pressing F selects my explorer, but my screen doesnt jump to him. This is more useful, but however often i tap F, it never jumps the screen to him, which would be useful from time to time (also for TC which is E).

For Control groups, pushing 1 will select them, and then tapping 1 again after having them selected jumps the screen to the units. Is this also possible with my E and F hotkeys for TC and explorer? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Select/Show Units hotkey question

Post by Garja »

No but there is an hotkey to snap to anything selected.
Image Image Image
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

There is a separate slider in the settings right next to where you turned off camera centering. That slider defines a time interval.
If you tap your selection key twice within that time interval (and no other keys or clicks in between), it will center. If you tap twice but with more time in between, it will just select it again and not center.

You can experiment with different slider settings to see what setting you prefer. For me, roughly 1/3 of the way is working well.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

You can only snap with double tap with ctrl groups. For anythign else you need to use the "snap to" hotkey.
Btw the interval for double snap is way too long even when set at min.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:You can only snap with double tap with ctrl groups. For anythign else you need to use the "snap to" hotkey.
Btw the interval for double snap is way too long even when set at min.
If you disable the "find hotkeys center camera" setting or whatever it's called, you'll be able to center your camera when double tapping, even with regular hotkeys
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

hmmmmmmm
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I use space bar to centre camera on selection so i can tap from tc hotkey, explorer, barracks & stable and then space and see what i need to. Its much faster than double tap
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

same
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.