How to deal with pure bow rider spam as fr.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

How to deal with pure bow rider spam as fr.

Post by Shikari »

I open rax and constantly make musk from one rax till I want to age with 700gold if I see he isn't aging then I continue making musk. But he just wins no matter what I do. He literally makes pure bow rider with maybe a shipment of as rider in between and a batch after a while to tank and just win.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: How to deal with pure bow rider spam as fr.

Post by Jaeger »

If he isn't aging you should still probably age yourself after getting 15-20 musks. You can maybe do the trick where you keep queeing and cancelling 8 xbows shipment every 20 seconds. Of course call minutemen when he comes, and probably use CDB to tank as well if you think you need.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

ovi12 wrote:If he isn't aging you should still probably age yourself after getting 15-20 musks. You can maybe do the trick where you keep queeing and cancelling 8 xbows shipment every 20 seconds. Of course call minutemen when he comes, and probably use CDB to tank as well if you think you need.
I don't know what he does but he has insane mass man. Like for even if I never stop producing musk and even have 8 bows on the field and I am on my hunts with my cdb he has such a big mass he just z moves and kill half of my cdb and half my army for half his army and just goes back. I don't know what he is doing tbh.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

I never had trouble in this mu but with this guy. I don't know his eso is bearmister.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

they can run around as much as they want, but they wont be taking fight against your musketeers, because you are going to win and you can remass easier.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

tedere12 wrote:they can run around as much as they want, but they wont be taking fight against your musketeers, because you are going to win and you can remass easier.
not always
:nwc:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

ask yourself a few questions:
do you want to ff? (are your hunts good, is the mine in a good position?) then a 1 rax semi with 15-20 musks and potentially 8xbows should really be enough.

if he just stays in age II you could and should just go double forward rax and musk spam him to death.

fre vs sioux on the RE is one of sioux' hardest mu's. really musk spam with 8-13 xbows, a decent steel traps eco with a TP cant lose vs age II bow rider spam.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Shikari wrote:I never had trouble in this mu but with this guy. I don't know his eso is bearmister.
Do you happen to have a recorded game? I remember playing against the same guy with the same strat and having the same problems (for context, he's ranked Captain IIRC), but seems it wasn't recorded. I think he's just good at knowing his timing and maximizing units for that moment, including outlaw and native mercs and cav upgrade cards.

Double rax musk/xbow would hold I think, but the problem is that Sioux gets to picks their battles and it's hard to defend hunts/mines with an immobile infantry army past a certain point. Pushing is difficult because you get raided to death and reinforcements picked off while the infantry is forward to attack. I'll need to try the musk semi into skirm/goon next time.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Thrar wrote:
Shikari wrote:I never had trouble in this mu but with this guy. I don't know his eso is bearmister.
Do you happen to have a recorded game? I remember playing against the same guy with the same strat and having the same problems (for context, he's ranked Captain IIRC), but seems it wasn't recorded. I think he's just good at knowing his timing and maximizing units for that moment, including outlaw and native mercs and cav upgrade cards.

Double rax musk/xbow would hold I think, but the problem is that Sioux gets to picks their battles and it's hard to defend hunts/mines with an immobile infantry army past a certain point. Pushing is difficult because you get raided to death and reinforcements picked off while the infantry is forward to attack. I'll need to try the musk semi into skirm/goon next time.
Yeah exactly same man. Next time I'll record it when I play vs him.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Is he doing 2 stable 700-600c? RE Bow Riders are quite a pain to deal with, what I found to work was camp in my base[with good hunts ofc] with musk and try to age up before BR mass gets too crazy and go from there. Thing is you gotta play better while he gets to z-move. [:]
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Musk push with pioneers kills any Sioux on RE. Send your CDB with your musk+xbow mass and destroy his base. Add huss if necessary.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

If he opens stable, he should lose to a good 2 rax musk rush.

Go like:

TP while aging to age2 (or early on in age1 if wood start), age with 400w, chop wood for market/steel traps/2 raxes/50 pop (obv you have the 400w from age up), make 2 forward raxes with 2 cdbs.

Send 700g, make only muskets, then 700w for houses and a few xbows, then 8 xbows, keep pushing and raiding. If he keeps going into your base with BR while you pressure him, just completely idle him at his base in the meantime, destroy his stable etc (his BR are more mobile, but your units have more siege). If he pulls back to defend his base, go back with your musks to your fb for a second if your mass is too small (otherwise you could die to an annoying 6 cetan/4 AR pop or so). If he adds cetans or AR, send 3 huss and/or stable+train some.

Important: don't panic if he idles you at your base with his annoying army. Don't run back to your base unnecessarily. You can just idle him at the same time and even siege his rax etc, which his BR are weak at. If your army is big enough and he keeps avoiding you, just raze his TC.
No Flag Artyfeusz
Crossbow
ESO: Artyfeusz

Post by Artyfeusz »

Shikari wrote:I open rax and constantly make musk from one rax till I want to age with 700gold if I see he isn't aging then I continue making musk. But he just wins no matter what I do. He literally makes pure bow rider with maybe a shipment of as rider in between and a batch after a while to tank and just win.

I always go wall vs Sioux and xbows + pikes, with very good results so far. Same vs China and Germany since they always have melee units, which is useless vs wall.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Yeah I think I should start walking more often. It feels like it's the perfect time for me to learn cause I have been playing without anywalls for all this time. So I was able to learn how to micro now with wall it should help me a lot.
Pakistan inyourpc
Musketeer
ESO: iamyawer
GameRanger ID: 8789100

Post by inyourpc »

I think your opponent cheats, otherwise just menu->resign is best course somtimes, :) Makes you feel happy!
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

inyourpc wrote:I think your opponent cheats, otherwise just menu->resign is best course somtimes, :) Makes you feel happy!
Is there any reason for you to say that. Why do you suspect him of cheating.
Pakistan inyourpc
Musketeer
ESO: iamyawer
GameRanger ID: 8789100

Post by inyourpc »

Coz with u told i suspect thats the case. Are you playing on re ? and who is the player ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

inyourpc wrote:Coz with u told i suspect thats the case. Are you playing on re ? and who is the player ?
bearmister
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

xbow pikes musks seems fine vs br spamm and then to age 3 and spamm skrims
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

I played against him once and decided to never play again too. Insane mass, don't know if legit and no way to find out.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

UrvyZnapy wrote:
I played against him once and decided to never play again too. Insane mass, don't know if legit and no way to find out.
check satistics if he cheated if you find him suspicous