No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

25 Jul 2015, 22:08

When you are playing cav semi vs cav semi (think dutch mirror), how can you know you should make more cav? If you more and catch the other guy it can be gg, or if you make too many and dont catch his its also a big disadvantage. And sometimes you have no idea if the other guy made a second or third batch of huss.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

25 Jul 2015, 22:33

Well, as our great master bsop says "never semi ff in a mirror". There are some mirrors where you have to ff, in other mirrors it is better to say age 2 or to age just after your opponent. So don't stop your military prod and when you see he's aging, rape his army and follow him, you'll have more eco and more army ')
France iNcog
Gendarme

25 Jul 2015, 23:55

Interesting that Master BS_OP says that.

What about straight FF then?
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

26 Jul 2015, 00:03

Well, if you don't semi FF in a Dutch mirror than you don't know how to play the civ imo.

I'm personally undecided on making more cav. Not really sure whats better. Maybe aim for 1 less and try to win the fight with TC fire or something.
France iNcog
Gendarme

26 Jul 2015, 00:04

Aren't Dutch an exception given that their fortress is just that much better than their colonial?
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

26 Jul 2015, 00:09

incog wrote:Aren''t Dutch an exception given that their fortress is just that much better than their colonial?
Probably. Maybe Ports, Spain and China included. Also isn''t otto FF superior to colonial play?

But yeah, there''s not much reason to stay age 2 as Dutch because you don''t have musks or anything useful.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

26 Jul 2015, 00:26

jerom wrote:
incog wrote:Arent Dutch an exception given that their fortress is just that much better than their colonial?
Probably. Maybe Ports, Spain and China included. Also isnt otto FF superior to colonial play?

But yeah, theres not much reason to stay age 2 as Dutch because you dont have musks or anything useful.?

ye
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

26 Jul 2015, 03:14

diarouga wrote:Well, as our great master bsop says "never semi ff in a mirror". There are some mirrors where you have to ff, in other mirrors it is better to say age 2 or to age just after your opponent. So don''t stop your military prod and when you see he''s aging, rape his army and follow him, you''ll have more eco and more army ')
Yeah that''s what I was thinking should happen, but bs and h2o semi ff all the time in dutch mirror. I was thinking the same thing in german mirror, shipping cav hp after 700w instead of 700g.

But sometimes if the enemy makes like 5 more huss and you just stay in your base you can just use minutemen and if you trade evenly i guess you are ahead since you are up faster, lost less resources, and got more xp
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

26 Jul 2015, 03:15

jerom wrote:
incog wrote:Arent Dutch an exception given that their fortress is just that much better than their colonial?
Probably. Maybe Ports, Spain and China included. Also isnt otto FF superior to colonial play?

But yeah, theres not much reason to stay age 2 as Dutch because you dont have musks or anything useful.
I have seem skirm pike huss a couple times from h2o
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 03
ESO: SoldieR

26 Jul 2015, 05:21

Ya dutch mir an extra back, even to 15 hus van win, just depends on when you attack. Either you scout good or just get plain lucky, that's why mirrors are skillless, normally luck to catch at best time, if not, u lose hard.

Skirm and pike are useless in semi, fast age and just sit behind tc, don't fight til 9ruy arrive and they siege banks that don't die, or two houses
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

26 Jul 2015, 08:07

incog wrote:Interesting that Master BS_OP says that.

What about straight FF then?
ff d?pends on the MU, spain/china/otto have to ff in Mirror, other civs should play it in age 2.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

26 Jul 2015, 11:35

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Well, as our great master bsop says "never semi ff in a mirror". There are some mirrors where you have to ff, in other mirrors it is better to say age 2 or to age just after your opponent. So dont stop your military prod and when you see hes aging, rape his army and follow him, youll have more eco and more army ')
Yeah thats what I was thinking should happen, but bs and h2o semi ff all the time in dutch mirror. I was thinking the same thing in german mirror, shipping cav hp after 700w instead of 700g.?

But sometimes if the enemy makes like 5 more huss and you just stay in your base you can just use minutemen and if you trade evenly i guess you are ahead since you are up faster, lost less resources, and got more xp

I dont think you trade evenly with 5 cav and minutemen.

Id personally prefer trying to make 2 cav less than your opponent. That way you do get a favorable trade with mm I think.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

26 Jul 2015, 13:42

jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Yeah thats what I was thinking should happen, but bs and h2o semi ff all the time in dutch mirror. I was thinking the same thing in german mirror, shipping cav hp after 700w instead of 700g.

I dont think you trade evenly with 5 cav and minutemen.

Id personally prefer trying to make 2 cav less than your opponent. That way you do get a favorable trade with mm I think.
You have 2 less cav and what? You dont have the mapcontrol and you cant age so thats useless.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

26 Jul 2015, 16:08

diarouga wrote:
jerom wrote:I dont think you trade evenly with 5 cav and minutemen.

You have 2 less cav and what? You dont have the mapcontrol and you cant age so thats useless.
Then you try to age and break even (or even get ahead) with minutemen. Thats a good trade for you I think. And map control is overrated, you literally dont need any map control for the first 10 minutes of the game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

26 Jul 2015, 16:13

jerom wrote:
diarouga wrote:You have 2 less cav and what? You dont have the mapcontrol and you cant age so thats useless.
Then you try to age and break even (or even get ahead) with minutemen. Thats a good trade for you I think. And map control is overrated, you literally dont need any map control for the first 10 minutes of the game.
1200/1000=10 hussards not 2^^
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Supreme God Emperor of Tournaments
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

26 Jul 2015, 17:08

marco1698 wrote:
jerom wrote:Probably. Maybe Ports, Spain and China included. Also isnt otto FF superior to colonial play?

But yeah, theres not much reason to stay age 2 as Dutch because you dont have musks or anything useful.?
ye

Nice post!
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

26 Jul 2015, 17:18

bramboy wrote:
marco1698 wrote: ye
Nice post!
Nice post!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Supreme God Emperor of Tournaments
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

26 Jul 2015, 17:39

diarouga wrote:
bramboy wrote:Nice post!
Nice post!

Thanks! :happytomato:
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

26 Jul 2015, 18:59

bramboy wrote:
marco1698 wrote: ye
Nice post!
thanks bram , i know you are sarcastic but i dont care thanks !
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

26 Jul 2015, 20:15

marco1698 wrote:
bramboy wrote:Nice post!
thanks bram , i know you are sarcastic but i dont care thanks !

ye
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

27 Jul 2015, 22:09

gibson wrote:
marco1698 wrote:thanks bram , i know you are sarcastic but i dont care thanks !
ye
Nice post!
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

27 Jul 2015, 23:49

venox wrote:
gibson wrote:ye
Nice post!

thanks venox , i know you are sarcastic but i dont care thanks!
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

27 Jul 2015, 23:50

ye
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Sweden Zutazuta
Lancer
zuta

28 Jul 2015, 01:18

iamsoldier wrote:Ya dutch mir an extra back, even to 15 hus van win

jst a bit drunk r we

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”