Attack move bugging?

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Attack move bugging?

Post by Scroogie »

I'm finally good enough to complain about A-move not working! :P

Played some TTM recently, and sometimes the units just walk in range and fire much later/ dont fire at all even though i A-moved quite clearly (it even shows "click to fight through to this location").

Any insights on how to avoid that/ how that happens would be very appreciated!
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Attack move bugging?

Post by Garja »

Ye it happens a lot especially with goons. One found reason is if you task units to attack when they have no lose on opponent units. In fact if you dragbox goons+skirms and z move you will notice goons just fire more instantly and without bugging.
The real bug tho is when units completely walk over without firing at all. On nilla that was caused by clicking on anything else than void terrain or enemy units. On TAD that have been fixed but there is one left object that hasn't been fixed and it's the red cursor that appears when you move units. With lag that thing stays for longer so it's easier to click on it with your attack move.
Aside from that it's just bug for what I know.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

A bit offtopic but atleast dead hero bugs ur z-move quite often.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I count on my attack move to only spread fire, not be the thing that initiates at first. You should manage the movement of units more closely because attack move isn’t the fastest.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

_H2O wrote:I count on my attack move to only spread fire, not be the thing that initiates at first. You should manage the movement of units more closely because attack move isn’t the fastest.
Yeah but some of us are old and bad, and like reaaaaally need it to work (no flame plz).
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

_H2O wrote:I count on my attack move to only spread fire, not be the thing that initiates at first. You should manage the movement of units more closely because attack move isn’t the fastest.
I always misclick so I have better chances at starting the fight with attach move than clicking on the enemy unit
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Why ? It's not the fastest for sure but when you initiate the fight it's better to snipe 2-3 units with attack move than just killing one. Also you have to use attack move with melee units, clicking is super unefficient.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

So you mean selecting subgroups of units and directly attacking with each of them individually?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I just mean I don’t attack move my units across the map. The first shot is almost always attack move.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

mine usually bugs when I have the alt button pressed to view unit HP bar. It doesn't work at all then until I stop pressing alt button.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

tedere12 wrote:mine usually bugs when I have the alt button pressed to view unit HP bar. It doesn't work at all then until I stop pressing alt button.
That's because a click, and alt-a click are two different commands.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

tedere12 wrote:mine usually bugs when I have the alt button pressed to view unit HP bar. It doesn't work at all then until I stop pressing alt button.
alt + click is also attack move, somehow. This happens to me all the time, raiding with hussars and I'm holding alt to check the hp of the villagers if there are any easy kills, but then I keep holding alt while trying to order my hussars around and instead of moving they attack move and I lose all of them to opposing cav.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
alt + click is also attack move, somehow. This happens to me all the time, raiding with hussars and I'm holding alt to check the hp of the villagers if there are any easy kills, but then I keep holding alt while trying to order my hussars around and instead of moving they attack move and I lose all of them to opposing cav.
also happens to me a lot (replace hussar with uhlan though :D )