How doesn't h2o ever caught by cav?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I was watching his game vs kynesie on silk road again and there were so many times where he was pushing with no anticav. He was pushing with like 30 ghurla, siege elephants, and a few sepoys. But at any point there couldve been 5 nagi shpiment and 8 nagi from stable and gg. I see him doing this all the time lol and somehow he never gets caught. Especially with spain he pushes with like only 4 pilke as anticav when loosing your falcs is gg....
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I don't even know whether you're just joking at this point.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Get off his nuts ')
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

hazza54321 wrote:Get off his nuts ')

Omg wtf lol its a legitimate question i just want to know if there is a way he knows cav isnt coming or if he just gets lucky
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Because h2o knows exactly what to do almost on every situation.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i have won h2o once with mass cav vs xbow and few pikes
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

Maybe he just won one of the big fights and knows he killed all his cav, and is totally fine if 5 pop out. Or he has op stealth scout 'P
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

He uses the maphack and saw that kynesie didn't have a stable, that's quite obvious.
Seriously, he knows that kynesie doesn't like to cav and by splitting his gurkhas he can kill 5 nagis quite easily.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

If u are h20 ur mind can tell ur opponent to not make cav
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

With 40 gurkha you can kite his cav, and going cav in the most cases hurts you more than him, since he then can counter them and render them useless with some zamburak.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

paul wrote:i have won h2o once with mass cav vs xbow and few pikes

Reads "I played Suoix against France and won because Suoix is broken"

I would be fine if u actually surprised me but I knew what u had.

How I actually do it:

always use your army to test your opponent. By doing this you can see how many infantry units that they have. Once you take a lead in the skirm fight u can make more anticav in case cav comes. If you are tied then u know he can''t afford enough cav to surprise you. This with 10 years experience means I just know what u can and can''t have at all times. If I think cav is possible then I''ll fall back a bit until I have anticav.

People do surprise me. It''s just very rare and it''s almost never at the tactical level. It''s usually counter start / build order level.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ovi12 wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:Get off his nuts ')

Omg wtf lol its a legitimate question i just want to know if there is a way he knows cav isnt coming or if he just gets lucky
I dont think its a legitimate question at all. I think its a stupid question.
No Flag astriobulik
Crossbow

Post by astriobulik »

another stupid topic by ovi,ffs dude ure annoying as hell.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Then maybe he can just pm me questions so that way you keep getting caught by cav every game. Really no need to be mean, I like these threads because I can link people to some of the posts when questions come up.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

ovi12 wrote:I was watching his game vs kynesie on silk road again and there were so many times where he was pushing with no anticav. He was pushing with like 30 ghurla, siege elephants, and a few sepoys. But at any point there couldve been 5 nagi shpiment and 8 nagi from stable and gg. I see him doing this all the time lol and somehow he never gets caught. Especially with spain he pushes with like only 4 pilke as anticav when loosing your falcs is gg....
i have been wondering the same thing, thanks for asking :)
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

h2o wrote:

If you are tied then u know he cant afford enough cav to surprise you. This with 10 years experience means I just know what u can and cant have at all times. If I think cav is possible then Ill fall back a bit until I have anticav.

But do u fall back when u know that ur opponent has a cav shipment available ?
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I don't get the whining about this being a stupid question. I think it's a great question.

H2O already answered really well, but it takes a lot of practice to just know how many units your opponent can have at certain points of the game. But one thing is really true, and that is when your opponent has a smaller army than you, don't assume you're winning - always assume he's aging up or massing a different unit behind his base to surprise you.

Score can tell a lot here too (even though it changes up and down a lot when you build stuff), so if his score is really low, then yeah you're probably safe, but if it's roughly the same, be careful..

Also, you can always get surprised by the first batch of a different unit of course, because it won't be a visible change in the army size, but one batch of cav isn't enough to overwhelm, he would need more
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

The question as it stands is stupid to me. If the question had been along the lines of "How can one more or less accurately predict when it is safe to press the issue with a lack of anti-cavalry? I would especially appreciate it if H2O could find it in his heart to reply because I'm his biggest fan since last week and have been situated firmly on his nuts ever since." I would have been fine with it.

Also, as far as I can remember, in that specific game Naginata Riders was certainly a very real possibility. I think it has more to do with knowledge of the opponent's unit-compositional preferences. In essence, it's skill from experience (game-sense as well as assessment, and player knowledge) combined with luck.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

zoom wrote:The question as it stands is stupid to me. If the question had been along the lines of "How can one more or less accurately predict when it is safe to press the issue with a lack of anti-cavalry? I would especially appreciate it if H2O could find it in his heart to reply because I''m his biggest fan since last week and have been situated firmly on his nuts ever since." I would have been fine with it.

Also, as far as I can remember, in that specific game Naginata Riders was certainly a very real possibility. I think it has more to do with knowledge of the opponent''s unit-compositional preferences. In essence, it''s skill from experience (game-sense &' assessment, and player knowledge) combined with luck.
Zoi, I formatted it like this because out of all the high level players I watched only h2o has stood out by pushiong with so little anticav he consistently being successful. Before I saw him play I never even though of that because all other players I saw had way way more balanced compositions.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

What I think also plays a role is trying to get your enemy to train units that favors you. If Japan trains naginata, they will have less yumi and less ashi, which themselves don't counter gurkha as hard as naginata would, but they still do a better job overall combined with flaming arrows. To see that h2o doesn't have many anti cav units made him consider going naginata, but he knew that if he'd gone naginata he would be worse off in the long run. When the naginata do attack h2o could easily mass some zamburak and hard counter his naginata and he will lose more resources than just not going naginata at all.
Also it takes alot of naginata to reach the enemy due to him kiting, so training just a few naginata would accomplish nothing.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ovi12 wrote:
zoom wrote:The question as it stands is stupid to me. If the question had been along the lines of "How can one more or less accurately predict when it is safe to press the issue with a lack of anti-cavalry? I would especially appreciate it if H2O could find it in his heart to reply because Im his biggest fan since last week and have been situated firmly on his nuts ever since." I would have been fine with it.

Also, as far as I can remember, in that specific game Naginata Riders was certainly a very real possibility. I think it has more to do with knowledge of the opponents unit-compositional preferences. In essence, its skill from experience (game-sense &' assessment, and player knowledge) combined with luck.
Zoi, I formatted it like this because out of all the high level players I watched only h2o has stood out by pushiong with so little anticav he consistently being successful. Before I saw him play I never even though of that because all other players I saw had way way more balanced compositions.
Zo?
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

astriobulik wrote:another stupid topic by ovi,ffs dude ure annoying as hell.

Tis not a pointless question!!!... A noob question it may be, but a pointless one it is not .
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

h2o wrote:

Reads "I played Suoix against France and won because Suoix is broken"

I would be fine if u actually surprised me but I knew what u had.

How I actually do it:

always use your army to test your opponent. By doing this you can see how many infantry units that they have. Once you take a lead in the skirm fight u can make more anticav in case cav comes. If you are tied then u know he cant afford enough cav to surprise you. This with 10 years experience means I just know what u can and cant have at all times. If I think cav is possible then Ill fall back a bit until I have anticav.

People do surprise me. Its just very rare and its almost never at the tactical level. Its usually counter start / build order level.

amen. H20 is the best player ever. Electrical circuitry bows to him as do the martial gods of yore
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

zoom wrote:The question as it stands is stupid to me. If the question had been along the lines of "How can one more or less accurately predict when it is safe to press the issue with a lack of anti-cavalry? I would especially appreciate it if H2O could find it in his heart to reply because I''m his biggest fan since last week and have been situated firmly on his nuts ever since." I would have been fine with it.

Also, as far as I can remember, in that specific game Naginata Riders was certainly a very real possibility. I think it has more to do with knowledge of the opponent''s unit-compositional preferences. In essence, it''s skill from experience (game-sense as well as assessment, and player knowledge) combined with luck.

it would offend my soul to admit that I am on nuts... But for all practical purposes I must confess the same when it comes to H20. Hail to the champion.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Zoi this was one of my first games back I had no idea who this guy was or who kynesie was. I just thought he was laggy and had a poor strategy I've seen before to be honest :/.

I was also a little embarrassed by how poorly I handled the situation early colonial and during the mid game after my push