Looking for tips on fights and engagements

No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Re: Looking for tips on fights and engagements

Post by 91 »

There are some great tips already so I will not go into what's already mentioned, but I'd like to add something.

I usually pay attention to hard counters and how to achieve LACK of counters. So if I have musk cav vs bow pike, I try to judge how quickly I can kill his pikes if I force my cav in (while also remembering how quickly he can pick off my cav with bows + pikes). If I manage to kill all his pikes pretty quickly while keeping a few cav, the fight will be super easy after that

Same thing reversed, if your enemy has cav and you have skirms. Don't take a fight if there's a risk he can force all your anticav to die.
Sometimes it's not only about the size of the army, but the lack of countering your opponent.

It becomes more complicated when falcs are involved for example, because sometimes you must think how much you're willing to sacrifice to kill falcs. AND remember what units are left when you killed them. Will they counter him, or will he counter yours?

All this also means take into account reinforcements that may come, especially mercs or other big shipments.

Maybe this is obvious to some people, but I feel like it may not always be, I think we all think differently. Also, this is most effective if you surprise your opponent with batch + shipment etc

Whenever I'm unsure I'm just super careful, like aiz described only use mobile units and poke, for scouting mostly.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Re: Looking for tips on fights and engagements

Post by aligator92 »

inyourpc wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
So the movie "300" is based on AoE?
Dont think so cause there is 200 pop limit.
Big buttons give you 300 pop ez. Was an aztec game after all