germany

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

germany

Post by alistairpeter »

This is a question for the RE patch. Aside from op civs like otto and iro, germany is the one I have a lot of trouble going against, and japan a close second. What are some of the better routes to counter germany? My civ pool isn't very deep, but the next one I'd like to learn is something that would win this matchup, or use a different strategy for one of the civs I'm currently using. My main civs I currently use are Aztec, Japan, china, and india. I know a little Sioux, and french. I usually go for china, but I feel I lose a lot more than I win.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: germany

Post by deleted_user »

Just mirror bruh

China is good too. 700g 9 pike 700w ff or something. Japan can ashi nagi in age 2 alright.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

As China go for the standard Porcelain FF, MM pikes should buy enough time against a standard Uhlan-semi to get the wonder placed. Put a village next to the wonder as soon as 700w is in so you can garrison vills quickly in and out vs Uhlan raids. Put the Summer Palace on Keshik/Pike for the first batch 100% of the time, then Skirm/Sword in fortress.
In fortress shipping Skirms first is actually a pretty safe bet against a less committed semi-FF, but if he's made more units in colonial and you're still being idled, obviously send Intervention with Brit consulate first. Make the first couple of War Academy batches Skirm/Sword and you can shut down Ger from poking, If he tries to commit with Uhlans, your explorer + disciple spam + tc fire + 2nd MM batch + handful of anticav from the palace/academy + pathing should shred them. Don't be afraid to wall a bit to make that pathing even worse :chinese:
Adapt your composition from there - If he's going heavy on Skirms and War Wagons, you can go full infantry with an early Territorial Army combat card being an easy win in the ranged infantry war. Follow up with repelling volley to melt his War Wagons. If Ger is going heavy on Uhlans, you'll want to be training mostly cav batches and supplementing your mass with anti-cav shipments. If you're not being pressured it's a good idea to prioritise upgrade cards over unit shipments. As for Mercs tbh I end up sending them most of the time just because of mis-macro in mid-late fortress. Stuff like stacking 400+ wood after a fight with plenty of pop space happens all the time. That's when I sell it all and ship mercs. Manchu are the obvious choice against Germany 90% of the time and synergise nicely with a good cav mass.
Remember:
- Always start with the Porcelain Tower on wood. You can select it and press E during construction to automatically put it on wood the second it completes. Change it later to fix macro or stack for a merc shipment.
- As soon as Ger gets to colonial, send your explorer back to your base, scout the mid-map on the way back to check for a FB. Scout his base with your disciple - train another one if you lost the first in discovery.
- Spam disciples in every single fight, and switch your monk into cover mode (if your monk is grouped with other units make sure to switch it back after the fight)
- Send colonial militia against bow-pike pressure.
- Make sure all of your early buildings are in range of your TC fire (especially important with the above point in mind). This is hard with the Summer Palace so make sure your first (and/or second) village doesn't block the only available space for it next to the TC.
- In general place all your transition buildings (War Academy, Consulate) right next to a village.

I suck at formatting this stuff but that's my general idea of it.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

So China is my best bet vs Germany? And thank you. That was a really detailed answer hopefully it will help me out
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Germany moesbar civ
:nwc: