Is British infantry fine?

Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Is British infantry fine?

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

Sometimes I feel that British units are not good enough in the long term of a match. The civ is supossed to be superior in terms of musketeers and archers, but they do not have as good upgrades as they seem. Maybe a 20% combat card for musketeers in age3 and yeomen + 10% combat card for longbowmen would do the job. Just an idea.
:pop:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: Is British infantry fine?

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I like the idea of yeomen card including +10% damage boost like japan does. British musks are fine though. Brit also have very strong cavalry
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Longbowmen are already strong enough in early and middle game. Having the range advantage is a big deal, especially when you want to defend.
It's true they're weak in late game but it's fine in my opinion. After all, it makes sense for musk/huss/canons to be better than archers in the imperial age.

I don't understand your concern about the brit musketeers however, aren't they the best musketeers in the game after sepoys ? Full upgraded musketeers are actually even better than ashigarus.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't understand your concern about the brit musketeers however, aren't they the best musketeers in the game after sepoys ? Full upgraded musketeers are actually even better than ashigarus.
You mean more efficient?

Ashis have slightly more HP, much more attack, and much more speed
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

British have the strongest dragoon attack in the game.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Yeah brits army is fine. If british infantry is not enough in a fight, it means you should be using cannons.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Imperial Noob wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't understand your concern about the brit musketeers however, aren't they the best musketeers in the game after sepoys ? Full upgraded musketeers are actually even better than ashigarus.
You mean more efficient?

Yea more efficient of course.
1 ashi>1 musk but once you take the cost into account, the british musketeers are better.
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
You mean more efficient?

Yea more efficient of course.
1 ashi>1 musk but once you take the cost into account, the british musketeers are better.
IIRC, there is a wonder that decrease the cost of japanese units and they become more cost-effective, so ashigaru are still better musketeers
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

bittersalt123 wrote:British have the strongest dragoon attack in the game.
yeah similar to portuguese dragoon but we are only taking into consideration the Infantry units, British Cav is Fine.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Brits have:
Best hussar
Best dragoon (excluding the extra range of ports)
Best musk
Best grenadier

There is hardly anything to complain about the british army :uglylol:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Kap_AOE3 wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:British have the strongest dragoon attack in the game.
yeah similar to portuguese dragoon but we are only taking into consideration the Infantry units, British Cav is Fine.
The problem with British is that the investment in their eco and military early on is hard to deal with. I think their infantry is just fine and even strong in some cases.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kap_AOE3 wrote:IIRC, there is a wonder that decrease the cost of japanese units and they become more cost-effective, so ashigaru are still better musketeers
It's the Shogunate.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

The whole design of the british is essentially centred around musk-artillery-huss, even in colonial with gren-musk-huss. Their infantry is pretty good honestly. A lack of skirms may be what you're feeling with brit infantry, as longbows are fairly squishy/glitchy. But their musks and grens are top tier.
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

I don't really understand why "the civ is supposed to be superior in terms of musketeers and archers", tho brit musk is the best euro musk (as u stated, in late game) and very close to ashi or sepoy. It's true that imperial lb may not be the best ranged infantry, but considering vet lb rekt skrim easily, buffing yeomen may cause balanced issue imo.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I'd like that british thin line upgrade church card would be buffed a bit, decreasing speed penalty a bit for example.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i just think lbs need more upgrades industrial onwards, maybe yeoman age 4 card but it adds multiplier vs heavy inf
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Maybe have Yeomen reduce wood cost. You should be more worried about Rockets than the civilization's infantry, though
princeofkabul wrote:I'd like that british thin line upgrade church card would be buffed a bit, decreasing speed penalty a bit for example.
This is a good idea for the next major viability update.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

zoom wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:I'd like that british thin line upgrade church card would be buffed a bit, decreasing speed penalty a bit for example.
This is a good idea for the next major viability update.
Can i have the same for my corslet upg frum church card :P i have try some mousket timing with this card but 3.5 speed mousket are garbage.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Though often forgotten, Portuguese musks are equal to brit musks in the late game. However, as Portuguese hussars are painfully mediocre, musk huss just isn't ever a viable option for ports- i think this may be a factor as to why brits are the kings of musketeers.

If longbows had their firing animation shortened they'd be much more effective, that much is certain. I'd like to see yeoman worked to grant range and possibly a small speed buff (4.25 perhaps?). I think touching the hp or attack would dramatically overbuff the unit, even in industrial
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

dansil92 wrote:Though often forgotten, Portuguese musks are equal to brit musks in the late game. However, as Portuguese hussars are painfully mediocre, musk huss just isn't ever a viable option for ports- i think this may be a factor as to why brits are the kings of musketeers.

If longbows had their firing animation shortened they'd be much more effective, that much is certain. I'd like to see yeoman worked to grant range and possibly a small speed buff (4.25 perhaps?). I think touching the hp or attack would dramatically overbuff the unit, even in industrial
I like the idea of give 4.25 speed for lbs, should be a good buff
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Longbows are fine. The only thing that could somehow make sense is adding +0.25x vs HI to yeomen, since the shipment was nerfed.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

gamevideo113 wrote:Longbows are fine. The only thing that could somehow make sense is adding +0.25x vs HI to yeomen, since the shipment was nerfed.
yeomen ship now makes it so that longbowmen fire rockets instead of arrows, to increase britisih option
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeomen should probably buff lbs slightly vs HI, as we brought up a few times already. Like x1.5 instead of x1.25 vs HI.
But anyway, lbs are easily one of the superior RI units, nothing to complain about. They may feel awkward in some situations, but sometimes they also just feel OP. And brit musks are the best euro ones. So yeah, British infantry is more than fine.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeomen should probably buff lbs slightly vs HI, as we brought up a few times already. Like x1.5 instead of x1.25 vs HI.
But anyway, lbs are easily one of the superior RI units, nothing to complain about. They may feel awkward in some situations, but sometimes they also just feel OP. And brit musks are the best euro ones. So yeah, British infantry is more than fine.
Just wait until you get mahout'd in EP8.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah well obviously that mahout change is stupid
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..